NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ersan Ilyasova 2011-2012 Season Outlook

phatjonny2001

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mins are there but no 3, stls or blocks. Still a double double

Yea, but he's usually pretty active. He missed all the 3PM attempts tonight, but he's giving you production at that spot, and those shots will fall....

The ONLY things that can stop this guy is his coach and/or an injury.

Other than that major production for the rest of the season, and he and Gooden will both get quality mins btw

Last night, it looked like the Bucks plan was to extend Ilyasova's minutes (as we all expected) and also to have Dunleavy pick up some of the offensive load, while Mbah a Moute barely played. Also, Larry Sanders played a lot of minutes and took more shots than expected.

That looks like the Bucks plan on sticking with the rotation as it was before Gooden's injury to me.

From a +/- perspective, Mbah a Moute seems to be one of their worst players. Even if Ilya is having an okay night like last night (it was actually a pretty solid night), it seems like avoiding Mbah a Moute helps so Ilya should have plenty of burn going forward.

Ersan is one of 11 guys that have been averaging a double double in the last 30 days (12.8 points and 10.6 boards). He is the only one that averages less that 1 TO per game and has the 3rd highest FT% among those that are averaging over a double double over the last 30 days.

Over his last 8 games (2 weeks), he is averaging 16.8 points and 12.1 boards along with 1.3 blocks and a paltry .9 TO. He is also shooting .471 from the field and .857 from the stripe. In 9 cat leagues, he is ranked 14 overall.

Not bad.

I think owners that have Ersan are hoping that Gooden doesn't come back too soon. I own both but I am loving the production that this guy is giving his fantasy owners especially while Gooden has been out.

From a +/- perspective, Mbah a Moute seems to be one of their worst players. Even if Ilya is having an okay night like last night (it was actually a pretty solid night), it seems like avoiding Mbah a Moute helps so Ilya should have plenty of burn going forward.

I've got no idea where you got your data, but I don't see anywhere that says Mbah a Moute has been bad from a +/- perspective. He's a positive everywhere I look. Drew Gooden, on the other hand, seems to be consistently horrendous by +/-, so your point about how playing Ilyasova will almost always help because the alternatives suck still stands, even if it targeted the wrong guy.

All I know is that having Gooden and Ilaysova on the same fantasy roster has been working out kinda nice lately.....Ilaysova is only going to get better as the season nears the end

I've got no idea where you got your data, but I don't see anywhere that says Mbah a Moute has been bad from a +/- perspective. He's a positive everywhere I look. Drew Gooden, on the other hand, seems to be consistently horrendous by +/-, so your point about how playing Ilyasova will almost always help because the alternatives suck still stands, even if it targeted the wrong guy.

From a +/- perspective, Gooden is pretty crap, too.

However, Gooden logs all his minutes at the 5 while Ilyasova gets his minutes at the 4 so Gooden is no threat to Ilyasova. On the other hand, Mbah a Moute's minutes are mostly at the 4 with some spot minutes at the 3 so I targeted the right guy. The Bucks don't have another player they really play at the 4 (Gooden is exclusively center with Bogut out).

All I know is that having Gooden and Ilaysova on the same fantasy roster has been working out kinda nice lately.....Ilaysova is only going to get better as the season nears the end

Why will Ilyasova get better as the season nears the end? Is he more "rested" and younger that he will be strong when the other guys are starting to wear down?

Some guys just do better at the end of the season. Lots of guys explode after the all-star break for whatever reason. Happens every year. I could see Ersan doing that.

More consistent minutes. More confidence. Desire to finish the season strong.

What could we expect out of Ilyasova tonight vs. Atlanta? I'm curious to hear some of your predictions. I was surprised to see him play as well as he did against Boston the other night. Another tough defense, will he come through?

What could we expect out of Ilyasova tonight vs. Atlanta? I'm curious to hear some of your predictions. I was surprised to see him play as well as he did against Boston the other night. Another tough defense, will he come through?

this one is easy. he will put up 14 pts 12 rebs 2 assists 1stl 1blk 1 1 3pt tonight

He's remained strong on the %s and boards but has gone a little quiet on the 3s/steals/boards the last 4 games or so (.5 3, .25 steal, .25 block). Hoping he picks it up in those cats and has a bonza game.

Archived