NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade Rape??

llamadude2

Definitely not vetoable. I dunno which side i'd want, it would depend on the rest of the team. Harden has played the best so far but Monta has the highest fantasy value I think. Griffin is a bit overrated, I'd probably take the Monta side. He's also a blast to watch

I wouldn't veto this, this trade would have been executed to fill certain spots and needs.

As stated above, Blake is overrated and kills your FT% and doesn't get many blocks for a big man.

Monta's side wins but only by a really small margin.

Again, depends what you need

Yes...I agree...not vetoable...I think there is edge to Griffin/Harden...but doesn't smell of collusion...trades should only be vetoed where collusion is obvious and/or suspected...I think a good league manager needs to weigh what's best for the league and individual players too...if Monta's owner has good PG depth then he's obviously looking for help in other categories...for example.... ...but there is a fine line between "weighing" and influencing.

...I agree...Griffin is overrated...fantasy-wise...though he is learning as a real player and helps out his team in many ways...even if only at times with his energy...his FT% is a killer, especially when he takes so many FTs...Dwight Howard on the other hand, is so dominant in other categories that being such negates his lousy FT%...I still think Dwight should go underhand a la Rick Barry...

....listen to near the end of the video if you choose to watch it ...I wouldn't laugh at Dwight...would you?...plus he'd help his team right? ...something Shaq refused to do...lol

...anyway...back to our story....not vetoable just in looking at it...only vetoable if there is some evidence of collusion.

Here's an interesting take on the "enigma" of Blake Griffin...and I use the term "enigma" very, very lightly:

http://sports.espn.g...rdcorenba120126

Good luck!

Thanks guys. Our league in the past has been pretty bad with vetoes (in basketball and football). 2 of the members (brothers) complained about the trade, and I basically told them to stop whining. Keep in mind that due to the amount of whining in our league in the past and people vetoing trades just because they made both teams involved better, the veto has been removed and its fully up to the LM. Then the League Manager (who was trying to get Griffin), after posting about his trade and that is was fair, posted again saying that he was vetoing my trade of Bulter for Kg. At that point I went nuts on the message board and convinced the player trading for Monta to ask for a vote. Got vetoed. Turns out the LM was joking, though no one could tell. Too late now, haha.

Archived