NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ryan And. + Jrue for an Elite pg

guambomb

I'm trying to package Ryan Anderson and Jrue Holiday for an elite pg. This is to make room for Manu and Zach on my team. Who's the best pg I can get for these two guys? I'm looking for one that can get me the 3s, assists, steals, and pts i'd be trading away with these two players. Some ideas pls.

You never know until you try...I'd make a play for Kyle Lowry...he might even exceed CP3 this year but I think someone would be less likely to part with Paul... Lowry's owner might be thinking they got a steal and might be looking to cash that in...you might try for a Mike Conley or Stephen Curry (though I'd stay away from him as I suspect he'll be down with an injury soon).

If I was you I'd look for value elsewhere...to me, Ryan Anderson is a gem...I traded Jeff Teague and Caron Butler for him at the start of the season...and haven't regretted it...I was really high on Teague, and was worried about Butler's injury history... do you have any injured players on waivers? Manu, Zach Randolph??? I would think in an 8 team league that B. Lopez would have been left on the wire for a while, you may have just picked him up...but he might not play for another month...I picked him up last week off waivers...I think he will do really well down the stretch..

What other players are available for you on the wire?...think is Ryan Anderson is very valuable...a big man that can sink 3s...he has good shooting percentages, especially from 3PT land...sorry...I'm in an 12 cat league and this is my first year playing...but Ryan also gets offensive rebounds and a few defensive ones...a few steals, assists, blocks...a very well rounded player.

I'd be interesting to see who you have available as free agents.

In terms of your players...James Johnson is a border-line play in most leagues...not sure if I'd have him for an 8-team league...but you might as well see how he does this weekend, especially with Bargnani out again... Josh Smith is great but he'll kill your FT%, not sure if that's a cat in your league...you could improve on Holiday and Jack...but they are stead...Holiday had a slow start but his value is rising...Eric Gordon is still out for a while so Jack's value is still there and might be better...

I think you have some 2for1 deals to make here with your roster...especially in an 8-team league...if we knew who was available as FAs then we can help advise on who might be good to unload....

Good luck!

i would try for lowry but the owner is already set on 3s. Would be a real good trade tho. Manu and Zach are still on waivers and you're right, I did just pick up Brook. I'm currently first so I could afford stashing 3 injured studs for now. they're all expected back Mid-Feb so that's really close! I dont think Conley is worth these two guys though. any other ideas guys? i'm gonna start making some offers soon.

the only two studs I would want are Chris Paul and Lowry (if I had Ryan Anderson and Jrue Holiday and those two were expendable)...I think you are OK at PG though...you might be able to get Wade on a buy low...he doesn't have 3s...so I'd keep Anderson and look for other guys to trade. To me your immediate expendable players are Granger and Johnson...as in Durant and Gallinari are too valuable...I think you might try to trade Granger and Johnson (especially if Johnson has a good game tonight and/or Sunday) for Rudy Gay....that's a good trade...that will free up a roster spot to play the wire and where you can eventually stash Manu or Z-Bo...just some thoughts...if you keep Anderson then you don't need threes from another trade...Rudy get's you stats across the board...even a few 3s...hes was 3-5 from 3pt land last night I think.

I'd hang onto Anderson for now. JRue and Jack are not a horrible pair, and Monta will chip-in with assists too, keep in mind. Even if his turnovers offset most of them....

You want my personal opinion? Try to deal a guy like Monta for a pure PG. I don't know how your rosters work, or if it will only let you start true PGs at the PG spot (i.e. Monta was elligible for PG while on my team), but if you can keep JRue or Jack and deal Monta for a stud instead.... I would take that route rather than giving up on Anderson right now. I was one pick away from selecting him, a round after I had intended to select him.... and he went that pick before me. I think I wound up taking Cousins so it wasn't so horrible, but it was definitely disappointing after what Anderson has done so far.

Keep in mind also: Dwight being traded WILL mean more opporunities and an uptick in Anderson's value, likely for the stretch run. Try to work around trading Anderson...

I would also like to see some available free agents. I play in a 12-team league, and I always have felt like the wire leaves little to actually improve my team. In an 8-team league I'm curious what's out there!

Thanks for the help on mine. I think I need to find another PG myself. Otherwise, for a 12-team league, I feel like I have a lot of talent.

Archived