NBC Sports Edge Forums

HELP!! Judgement Day - is it possible to win this matchup?

sliq

http://i.imgur.com/E0slA.png - Matchup screenshot link

So I've included a screenshot of my matchup with another guy in my money league. I had so many injuries this week and busts that I might lose this weeks matchup. (this guy hasn't fixed his lineup for tomorrow but I'm sure he will play everyone except Eric Gordon, Iguodala, and Bogut)

This is a H2H "One win" league (meaning I either get awarded with a win or a loss for this week depending on how many category wins i have for this matchup)

It's currently 5-4 and i'm up, but only by 4 assists.. He has a lot of quality PG's playing tomorrow so I will lose assists no matter what. I think my only shot to win this is to bench all my players for tomorrow, and hope his players rack up 22 or more turnovers.

At the same time, I could get really lucky and win the blocks somehow although that is very unlikely.

I don't know what would you guys do?

Can you explain how benching you're entire team helps you win? I'm really confused.

Because he can't catch up to me in ft%, 3s, points, or steals. Only thing he can beat me in is assists. And I am hoping that there's a chance that his players will rack up 22+ turnovers, allowing me to win the turnover categories and thus winning the matchup 5-4.

Yea I don't think you can win rebounds, what I was thinking before would be that Love would have a monster game and Okafor have a monster game on the boards too, but even then the other player just has too many rebounders. So I think the only options are pray for 22 turnovers (which is highly unlikely in my opinion especially in one night) or hope that his FG drops like crazy all through benching. Or play your players and hope your FG goes up while the other team goes down to hopefully catch up.

thanks for the reply, never even considered me catching up to him in fg% but that would probably require all my guys to shoot a lot and shoot at like .800+ fg% and even then I would probably need the other guy's players to shoot bricks.. I noticed that he has 2 games at 3:30 (d wade and boozer) I'm thinking I'll wait to see if they both have high turnover games and if they do then I will consider benching my team before the 6:00 lock time. Not sure what else I can do

Is the guy you're up against even an active member? He has Bogut, and West playing but both are injured and Bogut is out for the year pretty much... If he doesn't play Griffen and Wade (who are potential turnover machines for tomorrows match-ups) than you won't win TO, and will lose assists...

Is the guy you're up against even an active member? He has Bogut, and West playing but both are injured and Bogut is out for the year pretty much... If he doesn't play Griffen and Wade (who are potential turnover machines for tomorrows match-ups) than you won't win TO, and will lose assists...

yeah he's active. Not sure why he's holding onto Bogut (playoffs maybe) He just didn't set his Sunday lineup yet. I'm sure he will do it before 3:00 pm tomorrow and have everyone playing except E Gordon, Bogut, and Iguodala. Delonte west is a gametime decision on sunday I believe, so i think he will plug him in his lineup.

Archived