NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade for Ibaka (Bynum or Batum?)

pk14

I've been trying for a long time to make a trade for Serge Ibaka. My friend wants Bynum, and I'm almost ready to do it, but I'm thinking about offering Batum instead, and seeing if he goes fo it.

Is Bynum for Ibaka a good trade? Is Batum for Ibaka? If he will take both, which should I trade?

I'd trade Batum first. I feel like you asked about Bynum vs. Ibaka a little while ago, but I'd still say Bynum. Get him to give you a little upgrade somewhere. of course, it's fairly close so if you really want the blocks and can take the hit in the other categories then it's not the worst trade to accept.

sorry i didn't respond to that last thread, I got held up with stuff.

I would keep Bynum over Batum. Looking over your team, you already have players that can cover up for losing Batum. Keep Bynum, trade Batum for Ibaka.

If it came down to Ibaka or Bynum, I would keep Bynum. Ibaka is the goods with the blocks but Bynum still gets you blocks, along with better numbers in every other cats. His FT% is also coming along. The only thing that can slow him down is injury (I'm a laker fan so knock on HUGE pieces of wood please!)

Thanks again for your detailed response in my asst coach thread last week.

It depends what the other guy needs...I'd try george or chalmers and see how he reacts...at the end of the day blks is just 1 category out 9 in your league....if you are in great shape in the rest, I would consider it for Batum...IMO you shouldnt get rid of Bynum if you are looking for blks...specially not in a 1x1 trade for Ibaka...

who would you trade for Ibaka then? and do you not agree the blocks are worth a ton?

Archived