NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Playoffs help. Dwight/Lou/Scola for M Gasol/Gay/Conley

I want to start building my team for the playoffs. I want to get rid of my players that have a bad playoff schedule, especially Lou Williams (10 games in last 3 playoff weeks).

Would this be a good idea to propose?

my

Lou Williams (10 games - but he has 2 days off on the last 2 days of the championship week, so I can just stream someone else in if i don't trade him),

Dwight Howard (11 games),

Luis Scola (11 games)

for

Mike Conley (13 games),

Marc Gasol (13 games),

Rudy Gay (13 games)?

The only problem I see is that Zach Randolph will return, so I’m not sure how that will affect those 3 Memphis players. I added Rudy Gay to make up some lost reb/blk if I were too lose Dwight. I would improve in all categories but rebounds or blocks, but I figure the extra games could make up for it.

Thanks.

Lou Williams (10 games), Scola (10 games), Dwight Howard (11 games)

FOR:

1. Mike Conley (13 games), Marc Gasol (13 games), Rudy Gay (13 games)

OR this trade, which I like less:

2. Rondo (13 games), Demarcus Cousins (13 gamess), David West (13 games)

Leave a link if you need help. Thanks.

Dwight Howard alone is worth quite a bit. It's crazy but can you push for a Rondo Gasol Gay? See if you can move things around to make it happen, or even better replace rondo with Cousins. Obviously this is getting pricey so out of those 2 deals I would take deal 1. It's a risk with Zbo returning hate to say it I have him on my bench too but all 3 of those guys not only are all 3 great players but they are extremely consistent every game. Memphis has a great team this year. But see if you can work something out for what I mentioned above. OR I would definitely do Cousins, Gasol and Conely. I think Gay will suffer the most from ZBo's return as Gasol is putting up huge numbers every night and being the star.

Dwight Howard alone is worth quite a bit. It's crazy but can you push for a Rondo Gasol Gay? See if you can move things around to make it happen, or even better replace rondo with Cousins. Obviously this is getting pricey so out of those 2 deals I would take deal 1. It's a risk with Zbo returning hate to say it I have him on my bench too but all 3 of those guys not only are all 3 great players but they are extremely consistent every game. Memphis has a great team this year. But see if you can work something out for what I mentioned above. OR I would definitely do Cousins, Gasol and Conely. I think Gay will suffer the most from ZBo's return as Gasol is putting up huge numbers every night and being the star.

Oops sorry.

Those 2 trades are from separate teams.

Team 1 has.

Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay.........Chris Paul, Stuckey, Chalmers, Maggette, Thaddeus Young, Gooden, Raymond, Beasley, Bargnani, Granger

Team 2 has

Rondo, Demarcus Cousins, David West......Rudio, Greivis, Brandon Knight, Marshon Brooks, Kaman, Hedo, Brook Lopez, Elton Brand, Bosh, Kobe

CATs are FGM & %, FTM &%, 3PM & %, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO, PF

I'd be taking a dip in rebounds if i traded Dwight, since I already traded Blake Griffin for Nash too

Team 1 deal:

Hmm yea. It's definitely a huge gamble, with Zach Randolph coming back and our trade deadline is next week, so I still wouldn't really know how he'll mesh in and affect the 3 other Memphis players.... Yes, I'd still lose in rebounds, but I'd improve in steals and assists...

Team 2 deal:

David West is horrible, but Team 2 doesn't really have any other rebounders besides Bosh (but he probably wouldn't give away Rono/DeMarcus/and Bosh). I would add Brook Lopez instead of David West, however Brook Lopez only has 11 games in the 3 playoff weeks (with only 3 in the championship week).

Thanks for all the input so far.

Tried to edit the previous post but couldn't...

Team 1 deal:

Hmm yea. It's definitely a huge gamble, with Zach Randolph coming back and our trade deadline is next week, so I still wouldn't really know how he'll mesh in and affect the 3 other Memphis players.... Yes, I'd still lose in rebounds, but I'd improve in steals and assists...

Team 2 deal:

David West is horrible, but Team 2 doesn't really have any other rebounders besides Bosh (but he probably wouldn't give away Rono/DeMarcus/and Bosh). I would add Brook Lopez instead of David West, however Brook Lopez only has 11 games in the 3 playoff weeks (with only 3 in the championship week).

Should I try another package?

Team 1 has: Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay.........Chris Paul, Stuckey, Chalmers, Maggette, Thaddeus Young, Gooden, Raymond, Beasley, Bargnani, Granger

Team 2 has: Rondo, Demarcus Cousins, David West......Rudio, Greivis, Brandon Knight, Marshon Brooks, Kaman, Hedo, Brook Lopez, Elton Brand, Bosh, Kobe

Playoff schedules: Mar 26, Apr 2, Apr 9

http://games-ak.espn.go.com/s/fbadraftkit/11/Games_Per_Week_Grid_2011-12.pdf?addata=2011_fbadft_cht_sht_GPWG_xxx

CATs are FGM & %, FTM &%, 3PM & %, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO, PF

Above avg in: Points, 3's.....Average: Reb, Assists....Below average: Steals, TO, PF

Thanks for all the input so far.

Ok well after reading through all of that. I would do the deal that would get you all grizzlies. I was offered D-12 straight up for Gasol and rejected it. Gasol is just to good and I'm not thinking Z-bo will play a factor with his production. Plus Conley is playing out of his mind this year. I would take the All Grizzlie deal.

swaggachinos you seem to know a lot about fantasy and the playoff schedule you mind telling me what teams are going to be good for the playoff schedule fantasywise? Or a website that can tell me what ones do?

swaggachinos you seem to know a lot about fantasy and the playoff schedule you mind telling me what teams are going to be good for the playoff schedule fantasywise? Or a website that can tell me what ones do?

Hey man, I posted a link to a schedule of teams' weekly number of games on one of my previous posts.

BOS, CHA, CLE, IND, MEM, SAC have the most games during my playoff schedule. You should check your league's dates. Make sure your players don't overlap too much too where you can't play them all on certain days.

Archived