NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matt Joyce 2012 Season Outlook

ssmarsh

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Longoria's injury, Joyce will probably play everyday. 3B will be occupied by guys who were taking his at bats. For guys like me in charge for transaction leagues, this is big because it helps counting stat opportunities.

With Longoria's injury, Joyce will probably play everyday. 3B will be occupied by guys who were taking his at bats. For guys like me in charge for transaction leagues, this is big because it helps counting stat opportunities.

It's an excellent point. They also can't afford to take his bat out of the lineup now. Hopefully Joyce steps up and at least carries some of the load that will be lost without Longoria in the line up.

Hidden

Is he worth rostering in a 12-man if I start him strictly against righties?

He should be owned in any sized league. The guy hits an elite lineup, and is now in an even more elite spot than he was before. This guy has really solid upside.

Hidden

He should be owned in any sized league. The guy hits an elite lineup, and is now in an even more elite spot than he was before. This guy has really solid upside.

He was picked up so I guess nvm lol

Was expecting a big week from Joyce with all the righties but so far he hasn't really done much besides the HR.

Will probably sit against the lefty tomorrow.

He went down very awkwardly as he swung that three run shot.

Hopefully he's ok. But it didn't look great at first. Made it around the bases grimacing. Then looked in pain while going down the dugout stairs.

Did anyone see his AB against Boone Logan? That's why he should sit v lefties, its brutal.

That being said, he kills righties and I am loving the production I'm getting for the cost of $2.

Did anyone see his AB against Boone Logan? That's why he should sit v lefties, its brutal.

That being said, he kills righties and I am loving the production I'm getting for the cost of $2.

He is hitting ok vs. lefties this year .260 average, .680 OPS. Not stellar, but holding his own. I think he will get a longer leash this year as Longoria's injury has opened up a spot in the lineup. Obviously for those in daily transaction leagues should probably bench him, but for me I am in a charge per transaction league, I have to pay to swap a guy from my bench to my lineup. So finding guys that play everyday is very valuable to me. Platoon guys are a nightmere in my league format.

any update on his status? he turned his ankle (from what I could see) as he hit the HR last night...

He's getting the night off to rest it, could PH. Not a bad thing since the Rays are facing CC...

He's getting the night off to rest it, could PH. Not a bad thing since the Rays are facing CC...

He would have no chance v CC's slider. 0-0 is better than 0-4 with 4 K's.

he's been playing more vs. lefties as of late. therefore, i suspect that he will be in the lineup (against matusz). is anyone rolling him out there today?

Until Joyce stops hitting (or I see he's not in the TB lineup), he's gonna be in my lineup...I don't think it's unreasonable for Joyce owners to expect 80-25-80-10-.280...with a chance for more...These may not be world beater #'s but they ain't bad...

he's been playing more vs. lefties as of late. therefore, i suspect that he will be in the lineup (against matusz). is anyone rolling him out there today?

Not me. I drafted with the intention of platooning Joyce so I have other players I plug in when he faces lefties. If he shows sustained success vs lefties I'll change it up.

I have to play him everyday in a charge per transaction league, so I can't swap guys in and out of my lineup without getting a bunch of fees added to my tab. Joyce is holding his own vs. lefties though, .270 so far. I would start him against crappy Matusz.

It is impossible to figure out Maddon. Joyce had 2 hits off Doubrant last time he faced him recently. Today he sits Joyce vs. him, and starts another lefty vs. a lefty, Rich Thompson??? Who had 6 MLB at bats back in 2004 coming into todays game. And then Luke Scott who is hitting .167 gets to hit against EVERY lefty and hit 3rd or 4th. For some reason Maddon really treats Joyce with kiddy gloves. I know the splits aren't great, but why does Scott get to start vs. every lefty? Shouldn't Joyce's development be the #1 priority given age? He can't improve vs. lefties if he only starts 1 out of every 3 times vs. them.....

Archived