NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Francoeur 2012 Season Outlook

ssmarsh

He seems to be a tease where he shows signs of turning the corner, but then just falling apart. Last year, I waited all season for him to regress, but he actually got better as the season wore on. Right now he is slated to be the #5 hitter between behind Butler/Hosmer and infront of Moustakas. I think Frenchy will have a lot of RBI opportunites. Will he repeat last year? I think he can. He is in a good situation. The kid was in his age 27 year last year, and I think the speed is not a mirage as he is super athletic.

My projection: .275 avg, 80 R, 20-25 HR, 90-100 RBI, 15+ SB

• 1 month later...

why is he being dropped in yahoo leagues?

Yahoo leagues consist of a lot of 12 teamers with 3 OF positions. That leaves a lot of talent on the FA list, and when a 3rd OF starts off slow or even mediocre, you can expect the merry-go-round to begin. It's especially bad when there are a lot of available players who start out hot.

Francouer isn't a blue chip player by any means. He's had success, but a lot of failure too. I think he'll have a good season, and I don't think I'm ready to give up on anyone I drafted because it's too early to make a judgment about how they'll do over a whole season. (OK, that's not really true. I gave up on Mayberry)

Right now we're seeing the floor, and it's really not that bad. His ceiling is still what you thought it would be when you evaluated him in March.

He's starting to show up on the wire in a lot of my 12-teamers. Even if he's not a 20/20 guy, which he still could be, he certainly could go 15/15, & those KC bats haven't quite woken up yet. His upside is greater than, say, Carlos Lee, who I own. I'm thinking about plucking him off the wire & sending out some lowballs in my deeper leagues. Anyone else tempted by him or am I just setting myself up to get burned by a career year?

any signs that hes going to turn it around? Another player of to a putrid start....

He won't turn it around until I get fed up and drop him. I'll let you know since it should be any day now.

Seriously, I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that he's getting on track. I always try to make it past May 15th before I start shuffling players I drafted before the 20th round, but Francouer is just ahead of that arbitrary benchmark so he's definitely on the bubble.

• 2 weeks later...

Can he bounce back like Gordon has done the past few weeks? 0 HRs/0 SBs / 2 CS. Seems to be getting in the groove, raising his avg from .228 to .247. Looks like a good buy low right now; remember when people started freaking out about Gordon.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy may not be able to hit but I'd pay money to watch him throw. The dude has a hose. Almost threw out Parra from deep right field on a sac fly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived