NBC Sports EDGE Forums

WTH. An owner is dropping all his players. Need Help! WHIR

So I'm in a money league, and I open my email inbox to find this message from one of the teams:

He says

"My team is complete s---. I give up. What does that mean?

1) You will get my money.

2) One less person to worry about.

3) This is the most important one... I will be dropping ALL of my players RANDOMLY so... keep an eye on out if you want any of them. I'm sure some of you might be interested in Rondo or Cousins. No, I will not be trading anyone. Well, I can't drop Kobe or Bosh so I will gladly offer them to people at the bottom of the league. So this is me being a quitter like LeBron. But why not have some fun with it? Good luck."

The guy has already started to drop his players. He seems to be dropping the worst players first. No one has paid their dues yet. I’m currently 2nd place (out of 12) with a waiver priority of 8th .

Now, I feel that all the time I put into building my team will be for nothing if other teams with higher waiver priorities, who didn’t make any moves all season, can now scoop this team’s star players and improve their teams easily.

I have a solid team going into the playoffs, but I feel that if I miss out on picking up any of these players, then other teams will do so, and that may be the reason why I lose to them in the playoffs. I might just give in, in order to keep up with the other teams, because now my team may not be as good as it would have been. Also, I’m thinking perhaps some of the other teams with even lower waiver priorities than mine may feel that it’s unfair for the teams ahead of them to be picking up these good players, and so they may refuse to pay their dues if they think this just screwed up the whole season/league.

So, what do you guys think I can/should do? Should I just roll with it, pay my dues, and just try to win anyway? Many of the good teams ahead of me have more favorable waiver priorities than me, and so I may lose to them because of these pickups that they may do.

(His team includes: Rondo, Cousins, Brand, Varejao, Brooks, West, Turkoglu, Kobe, Bosh…

If I decide to keep going and am forced to just try to keep up, stack up my team, then I will try to get Rondo or Cousins if I am lucky on the waivers)

Wait, so Rondo and Cousins are droppable in your league??

If so, consider yourself lucky that out of his players those are the only two good ones that will end up on your waiver wire. I wouldnt bother with the rest. I'd try and trade for Kobe though.

Don't you guys have a commissioner who can stop him dropping his players?

I've talked to the guy, but he still plans to drop his players because he thinks this will make it "fun". I guess in a sense, it could be "fun" for some teams, but not for teams like mine.

Yes, Rondo and Cousins are not on Yahoo's "can't cut" list. I guess it's not as bad as it could be... And his best droppable players will probably not end up on the same team.... He didn't realize, but the trade deadline has also passed (so no one can't get a free Kobe or Bosh at least).....(I'd probably try to pick up DeMarcus and drop Booker, and pick up Rondo and drop Mayo - doubtful that I will be able to though)

The commissioner is aware, but I think it's also his first time as a commissh. I've never been a commissioner, so I'm not sure if a commissh can just stop a team from dropping players. Does anyone, who is familiar with it, know if the commissioner has the ability to do that?

Thanks

I've talked to the guy, but he still plans to drop his players because he thinks this will make it "fun". I guess in a sense, it could be "fun" for some teams, but not for teams like mine.

Yes, Rondo and Cousins are not on Yahoo's "can't cut" list. I guess it's not as bad as it could be... And his best droppable players will probably not end up on the same team.... He didn't realize, but the trade deadline has also passed (so no one can't get a free Kobe or Bosh at least).....(I'd probably try to pick up DeMarcus and drop Booker, and pick up Rondo and drop Mayo - doubtful that I will be able to though)

The commissioner is aware, but I think it's also his first time as a commissh. I've never been a commissioner, so I'm not sure if a commissh can just stop a team from dropping players. Does anyone, who is familiar with it, know if the commissioner has the ability to do that?

Thanks

Yea it'll be fun for him because he's sadistic and wants to cause panic within the league and throw everything off balance. I hate people who do that.

A commissioner in Yahoo can stop a manager from making any further adds/drops. I've been a commissioner a few times before and I've done that. Speak to your commissioner and tell him your concerns and tell him to look at his commissioner options.

The commissioner needs to lock his team. Prevent him from posting, making any roster transactions or add/drops its the only answer in this situation. Its a nice feature that Yahoo has and if its another service he should be able to edit transactions and rosters as well which at the least should be able to prevent anyone from adding these guys.

The commissioner needs to lock his team. Prevent him from posting, making any roster transactions or add/drops its the only answer in this situation.

i totally agree......got to lock his team, so this guy doesn't ruin the league for everyone else

The commissioner needs to lock his team. Prevent him from posting, making any roster transactions or add/drops its the only answer in this situation. Its a nice feature that Yahoo has and if its another service he should be able to edit transactions and rosters as well which at the least should be able to prevent anyone from adding these guys.

x2...commish needs to step in. This could completely upset the balance of the league and is complete bull. He probably thinks dropping is fair because everyone has a chance but that's bull because it definitely benefits to weaker teams who have more spaces to fill. Although this sounds like it even things out, it's not fair to the top teams who built a solid team throughout the season.

Archived