NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bartolo Colon 2012 Season Outlook

ssmarsh

Good catch mjb. Yes, he relies on a 4 seam and a 2 seam most of the time. I agree his trade value is extremely limited - but he still has value. Pitching in Oakland regularly can only help. Ride him until he falls apart. Then switch to some other arm that has emerged.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a shutout in the 9th but is in danger at the moment. Might be fool's gold but I will roll with him until he cools off.

Yet another great preformance lost to stupidity (his own throwing ERROR which was ruled a hit) and Grant Balfour. Otherwise it was a really nice outing.

• 2 weeks later...

Solid pitching on the year, less that awful last start against a team getting shut out more than any other team in the majors, seems like a quality stream at this point if hes out on the FA list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Who's in on this Mariner start... Last time I used him at home against the Mariners it was a disaster. If Colon doesn't have his command, he can get torched by anybody even the Mariners. As long as he's locating the fastball though which is basically all he throws the Mariners will do the rest for you. Lets go fatty, make me proud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived