NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bartolo Colon 2012 Season Outlook

ssmarsh

Did Melky get destroyed here and the Giants destroyed here to the tune of TAKE AWAY WINS because they're the Giants?

Or do I give it a few hours so the sharks smell blood?

Wha???

yeah, my reaction too but after reading that post like 5 times think what he's saying is that the forum got worked up over Melky, some saying SF should implications also, etc, while Colon's bust is being treated like a joke with no one ripping the Oakland franchise, and that Melky/SF got crucified while Colon/Oakland is being given a pass so far by posters

at least that's what I think he's saying...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Root Admin

Colon gets a pass from posters because he isn't integral to anyone's team like Melky was.

Ding, ding, ding.....Melky was 100% owned and a fringe MVP candidate.....Colon is a 25% owned player and a lower level SP for most fantasy rotations. The outrage is tied to personal stake. And do we have any A's fans? :P

I'm just happy that it brings into scrutiny how many guys use PEDs and it's not just the muscle heads.....Conte said about 50% are still using something, do we still laugh it off as ridiculous???

^%$^% Colon he is going to cause my 9th place team to fall into 10th. DAM him all to hell! Cheating tubby should be kicked out the league. All his Wins should be forfeited. PoS!!!!

Ok he is not on my team. How is that?

Colon gets a pass from posters because he isn't integral to anyone's team like Melky was.

Ding, ding, ding.....Melky was 100% owned and a fringe MVP candidate.....Colon is a 25% owned player and a lower level SP for most fantasy rotations. The outrage is tied to personal stake. And do we have any A's fans? :P

I'm just happy that it brings into scrutiny how many guys use PEDs and it's not just the muscle heads.....Conte said about 50% are still using something, do we still laugh it off as ridiculous???

I think it's higher than that, but that's just my personal opinion, nothing more. It seems like the ones getting caught don't educate themselves enough on how to use the product their using, and how long it stays in the bloodstream etc....

^%$^% Colon he is going to cause my 9th place team to fall into 10th. DAM him all to hell! Cheating tubby should be kicked out the league. All his Wins should be forfeited. PoS!!!!

Tell me about it. My professional money league doesn't treat this stuff lightly, the commish is going to cancel my two streaming Ws from that obese cheater, now I'm up sh*t crick. So much for Moneyball, more like brokeazz ball cause of that walking talking tub of rancid goat cheese

Sorry for the lack of clarity in my original post - was mobile.

Just feel like everyone destroyed Melky Cabrera and no one is really being as hard on Colon and the A's. No talk of removing wins etc...

Is it just because the Giants are the Giants?

I don't think so. Melky was one of the top hitters in all of baseball and possibly could have won a batting title. I don't think Colon was sniffing the Cy Young. You know what you're doing, you just open the flood gates for the Giants fans to come at you. By chance, are you an attorney, or was?

Just feel like everyone destroyed Melky Cabrera and no one is really being as hard on Colon and the A's. No talk of removing wins etc...

I don't think so. Melky was one of the top hitters in all of baseball and possibly could have won a batting title. I don't think Colon was sniffing the Cy Young. You know what you're doing, you just open the flood gates for the Giants fans to come at you. By chance, are you an attorney, or was?

Wow what was the giveaway?

Tell me about it. My professional money league doesn't treat this stuff lightly, the commish is going to cancel my two streaming Ws from that obese cheater, now I'm up sh*t crick. So much for Moneyball, more like brokeazz ball cause of that walking talking tub of rancid goat cheese

Harsh

Harsh

was trying to work up a pretend righteous fury, not nor ever has been on my team this year either :)

Harsh

was trying to work up a pretend righteous fury, not nor ever has been on my team this year either :)

Hah I was not sure. As a Commish myself I have run into diehards out there so it would not surprise me lol

Well this put a hurt on my one team that is in a dogfight with 4 other teams vieing for 2 playoff spots. While posters above have written him off as being a marginal pitcher, I absolutely disagree. He's been a very solid SP for me and this is a big loss at a crucial time of the year. Sure PED's had something to do with it, but replacing him isn't what I had in mind today. Gave me a reason to add Anderson, but losing a start this week may prove fatal to making the playoffs or not.

LOL some these replies are funny. I think his thread hasn't taken off like Melky's did because no one is really surprised. After his experimental surgery of taking his fat out of his thigh (lots to pick from) and put into his elbow, that raised a lot of suspicion. I think it was more like took a shot of roids and injected it straight into his elbow so he could throw again. He had nothing to lose because before that he was throwing like low 80's. I would of probably done the same thing if I was in his shoes and still wanted to play. He got 1 and a half more years out of his career. And this is the final chapter. Cya Chubbs.

Archived