NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Middleweight championship

Wizard of Boz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind watching either of those guys fight again, even if it were against different opponents.

I seen Taylor fight Winky Wright, that was a good fight, and he fought Bernard Hopkins twice, both went the distance too...he is an exciting fighter to watch, pavlik too , as you just seen, lol

So WOB, first you hook me up with some good picks and now with good fights to watch.

You have any good picks for me tomorrow?

You now of have other good fights coming up?

What is WOB? LOL

Ill give you my picks tomorrow morning bro, I like to watch the line changes and injury reports in the morning and i will keep you informed about some up coming fights.

sick sick fight. good to see boxing get some run on these boards too. im not trying to brag at all but i called it

here's some of my pre-fight quotes from a different board:

agree with your predictions except i think the pavlik/taylor fight will end in a KO or stoppage. only way taylor gets a decision is if he stinks up the joint, which after thinking about the way taylor's looked recently i guess is entirely possible. i just think pavlik presses the action too much for taylor to sit back and pot shot. pavlik will either overwhelm him or will run right into a counter right. the problem is that taylor needs a lot of space to get his shots off and he cant fight on the inside.
-i think its the exact opposite in the taylor fight. if taylor decides to trade he will get laid out. i think pavlik is more heavy handed and puts his punches together much better
pavlik will force him to adjust and change tactics mid-round. not only is he a aggressive fighter, but like TD kinda touched on, hes a smart pressure fighter. pavlik just has more versatility since he can fight on the outside and inside. remember, he's the bigger fighter.

i win

pavlik is the man! my voice is hoarse from screamin during the fight. i think it needs more lubrication of the hoppy variety.

I seen Taylor fight Winky Wright, that was a good fight, and he fought Bernard Hopkins twice, both went the distance too...he is an exciting fighter to watch, pavlik too , as you just seen, lol

Taylor is not a good fighter. Hopkins clearly beat him in those two fights, and the Winky fight was not even close. Some past Taylor decisions have made me consider that boxing is fixed.

I'm waiting on the Mayweather/Hatton fight now.

So WOB, first you hook me up with some good picks and now with good fights to watch.

You have any good picks for me tomorrow?

You now of have other good fights coming up?

Mayweather/Hatton

Cotto/Mosley

Those are the two upcoming fights I'm looking forward to the most.

Taylor is not a good fighter. Hopkins clearly beat him in those two fights, and the Winky fight was not even close. Some past Taylor decisions have made me consider that boxing is fixed.

I'm waiting on the Mayweather/Hatton fight now.

I agree with you swisher, im just a degenerate for boxing, lol........ if i see two 20 year olds fighting in the street, i think its a good fight bro, lol

Jermain is a joke. He is 1-4 in his last 5 fights. The fact that all three judges had Taylor ahead at the time of the KO was also ridiculous. Pretty Boy is King.

i dont like JT neither but you gotta give him credit. he looked better in defeat than in any of his most recent fights. he earned my respect as a fighter last night even though he lost.

and the hopkins' fights were not clear at all. i was in attendance for hopkins/ JT 1 and it couldve gone either way (i scored it for b-hop). but in no way was there a clear cut winner. judges just seem to love JT's pretty face. did you see the scores last night after the fight? JT was up 4 pts on one card, up 3 on the others. thats re-damn-diculous. i had JT up by 1 pt at the time, not like what rafael of BSPN had it. he had JT winning ALL the rounds!!!

good thing pavlik ended it when he did.

and the hopkins' fights were not clear at all. i was in attendance for hopkins/ JT 1 and it couldve gone either way (i scored it for b-hop). but in no way was there a clear cut winner. judges just seem to love JT's pretty face. did you see the scores last night after the fight? JT was up 4 pts on one card, up 3 on the others. thats re-damn-diculous. i had JT up by 1 pt at the time, not like what rafael of BSPN had it. he had JT winning ALL the rounds!!!

good thing pavlik ended it when he did.

Yes I know. I couldnt believe what the judges had on their cards. I admit Taylor looked better last night than in his previous fights but he is still nowhere near a great fighter. Taylor hardly even hit Hopkins and Winky in those three fights, thats why I hesitate to give him any credit.

for the record i DO think pavlik/taylor 2 will be PPV. HBO aint stupid, that fight last night was classic.

I dont think Taylor can sell a PPV. He's the champion and he got booed throughout the whole fight. It comes down to the fact that Taylor is'nt liked. Like one of my friends said, he supposedly beat Hopkins twice and still cant get in the top 10 p4p rankings, while B-Hop is at 4 still. I dont think he's a PPV fighter.

Archived