NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Any inside info on D.WARD?

Wizard of Boz

I just read this but rotoworld says he will probably play, any inside info guys?

According to ESPN, Giants RBs Derrick Ward (knee, questionable) and Brandon Jacobs (knee questionable) will both be out for Week 4 vs. Philadelphia. Rueben Droughns is expected to start in their place.

(Updated 09/30/2007).

• Root Admin
oh jesus, what a disaster.

hopefully rotoworld updates soon...ESPN is busy bone smoking Shelley Duncan right now, the only news you can trust from ESPN is anything involving the Red Sox/Yankees because that's all they care about.

I think sportline misinterpreted what clayton said...we're checking...

ESPN has it wrong. They have to be (again!). There is no way the Ginats will go into the game with both inactive, especially when Jacobs practiced unlimited on Friday. That leaves them with no depth at RB.

And Hines Ward has the knee injury, not D. Ward. CBS sportsline is also reporting D. Ward out with a knee injury, citing ESPN.

I would monitor the last minute news before benching ward.

• Root Admin

I just don't believe it...It is against everything that the giants have been saying all week. and Droughns is the only guy left.

Also clayton has this, "breaking news" buried in a random column on espn

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/col...&id=3041068

Brandon Jacobs is coming back quickly from his knee injury and was on the practice field on Friday. While he's trying to convince coaches he's able to play, he might only be available for backup duty. Veteran Reuben Droughns is the likely starter. Fullback Robert Douglas didn't practice on his sore knee and is expected to miss the game. He's listed as questionable. Wide receiver Steve Smith is out with a shoulder injury. Quarterback Jared Lorenzen is probable with an ankle injury.

I wouldn't start Droughns...i just don't believe this to be true...

ESPN's John Clayton is speculating that Reuben Droughns will start for the Giants on Sunday night. He adds that Derrick Ward (ankle) might sit out the game and that Brandon Jacobs (knee) has a chance to play. That's different than what the New York media has been reporting the last few days, so stay tuned. Droughns definitely looks like a sleeper option, but Ward and Jacobs owners can't feel good about their men.

Speculating being the key word here...

k im desperate in one of my H2H leagues would you drop ward tonight for droughns (if hes still available) if word got out that ward indeed was out? or do i still need to to handcuff ( im a jacobs owner) after this week?

Archived