NBC Sports Edge Forums

Prestige Worldwide - Dynasty Football

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does a 24 hour time limit to start off the draft sound reasonable to everybody? 

Wait, just realized I'm not in this league. 

I really like what drater is doing as well. Showing patience but will have a SOLID team everywhere once he starts cashing in these picks.

Me and Longhorn had a series of back-and-forth emails (like, 10+?). When I thought I was responding to one offer, I quickhit reply and typed a one-word response: "Deal."

The offer I thought I was responding to was in the email I received from him:

I give:

Trent Richardson

2013 4th Round Draft Pick

You give:

Matt Ryan

Maurice Jones-Drew

I quick-hit reply and typed "Deal." because I thought he'd responded to my offer in favor. I fielded a total of 16 emails from him during the span of our trade talks.

As soon as I realized I had responded with "Deal" to the WRONG offer, I sent him an immediate email telling him that there was no deal.

I never, EVER intended to agree to the deal he proposed, only the one above.

Why would you say "DEAL" if it was a trade YOU proposed. That makes no sense. Also, your reply to him when you took the trade back:

Actually, on second thought, go with the guy offering you Foster.

Matt Ryan is not worth Trent Richardson.

No deal. That's my final decision.

That shows right there you knew what you were getting.

• Like 1

Why would you say "DEAL" if it was a trade YOU proposed. That makes no sense. Also, your reply to him when you took the trade back:

I quick-hit reply and typed "Deal" because I thought I was racing against time to get my response in before yours. I wanted to accept the Matt Ryan + MJD deal before you (offering Foster) had a chance to make him another offer. It's that simple.

I quick-hit reply and typed "Deal" because I thought I was racing against time to get my response in before yours. I wanted to accept the Matt Ryan + MJD deal before you (offering Foster) had a chance to make him another offer. It's that simple.

So who were you giving up for Matt Ryan + MJD?

• Like 1

The entire point of confirming a trade in the forums is for this very reason. It prevents any misunderstandings that might occur during the trade process.

I never intended to agree to the offer he proposed. Had he put it here in the forums before I realized my error, I would have simply responded with "I do not confirm this trade" and we would be done with the matter.

I tried to keep the draft going by immediately emailing him back when I realized that I'd responded to the wrong offer. That way, he could continue with his trade talks with the Foster owner (and thus move the draft along by either making a trade, or finally using his pick), as obviously me and him weren't getting anywhere in our own negotiations.

That's also why I made that post earlier, stating that I officially rescind all trade offers with Southern Studs - I wanted to be very clear with the league before he posted the trade that he thought I had agreed on.

The deal I thought I agreed to was (copy/pasting it straight from the email):

I give:

Trent Richardson

You give:

Matt Ryan

Maurice Jones-Drew

Edited by Robrain

Posting on the forum isnt the only way for a trade to be accepted. I feel like if it was sent on Yahoo and you both accepted then it would go through and it should now. If that happened nobody on the boards would know until they saw the email. Looks like you had cold feet because you finally realized you got the bad end of your trade (like always) and tried to indian give.

• Like 3

Trent Richardson (1.12 Draft Pick)

for

Matt Ryan (2.11 Draft Pick)

That makes no sense. I had 3 opportunities to take Matt Ryan in Round 1 (+2.01).

Why would I suddenly swap my second 1st Round pick straight up for Matt Ryan (2.11)?

And as I've stated, I'd rather start Blaine Gabbert as my QB1 than trade Trent Richardson for Matt Ryan straight up.

My entire strategy revolves around the strength from my 3 RB's. My intentional weakness is QB. I'd only trade Trent Richardson for a deal involving a QB if I was getting a lot more in return (MJD / Titus Young + 9.02 [brian Quick], as I'd previously stated)

that seems like the final word right there... pretty clear what happened.

Read Bottom to top gents...

Ashley (Southern Studs)

3 minutes ago

Re: Y! Sports: 6.02

1 recipients

CC: recipientsYou More

BCC: recipientsYou Hide Details

TO:

Message flagged

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:18 PM

Deal.

To: Bruce Wayne <atleastwellhavespares@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:13 PM

Subject: Re: Y! Sports: 6.02

I give Ryan and 9-2 and my next pick for Richardson and ur next pick. Last offer or ima trade with princess

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 25, 2012, at 5:53 PM, Bruce Wayne <atleastwellhavespares@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ashley (Southern Studs)

2 minutes ago

Im home now if you have questions I am here and can defend myself now lololol

<a href="http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/7CFK5T5INLUQPO3HZZXHTI4BNM">Ashley (Southern Studs)

less than 1 minute ago

Re: Y! Sports: 6.02

1 recipients

CC: recipientsYou More

BCC: recipientsYou Hide Details

TO:

Message flagged

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:14 PM

Only deal I'm accepting for Matt Ryan:

I give:

Trent Richardson

You give:

Matt Ryan

Richardson is worth far, far more to me than Matt Ryan is.

He thought he was in a race and agreed to the deal and then tried to welch from his own words it seems like.