NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Desperate for help in this one..

Hey guys im in serious need for opinions on this one...

I was just offered Frank Gore and Brandon Marshall for Adrian Peterson and Braylon Edwards. In my opinion my 2 guys have more upside, and obviously have had better stats so far this season. And now with the talks of Chester T, possibly in talks with Tampa Bay... Please I would appreciate all input...Thanks

Brandon Marshall and Frank Gore have more upside in my opinion. Braylon is a good receiver, but not great, and he's on a bad offense (regardless of the past two games). Marshall is an upcoming stud and favorite target of Jay Cutler, and Gore is about to get even more carries now that Alex Smith is out.

Brandon Marshall and Frank Gore have more upside in my opinion. Braylon is a good receiver, but not great, and he's on a bad offense (regardless of the past two games). Marshall is an upcoming stud and favorite target of Jay Cutler, and Gore is about to get even more carries now that Alex Smith is out.

Could also mean more guys in the box against the run against SF? hmmmmmm this is a tough one

i honestly think this is an even trade, probably lil edge to the person getting Gore.... AP will slow down bc he is a rook unless they trade chester which i doubt, braylon will be a top 10 wr this yr, but if javons knee stays banged up, brandon marshall could easily post similar numbers. i think id probably do it, i think ap will be more of a question more than gore in a few weeks

Without Norv Turner, Gore is not as good. I like Adrian Peterson and his great O-line and Bray

I love APETE, but the TAYLOR situation is driving me nutts, there really isnt any comparison between APETE and TAYLOR, but childress is still going with CT....Apete was unheard of in the 2nd half Sunday

I would keep AD and Bray. Peterson's shown that he can produce despite Taylor's presence, and Childress will give him more touches. I like Gore, but now that he's the lone solid option on that offense, he's going to be be struggling. Admittedly, the Vikes aren't exactly the Greatest Show on Turf, but Sidney Rice is developing, and (God only hopes) Tarvaris Jackson is too.

Brandon Marshall is a freak of nature, no doubt, and he's a great receiver, and yes, Cutler's favorite target. However, Javon Walker will be back, and will take some of those touches away. Plus, Denver still has a pretty decent run game in Travis Henry. Do you really think that the Browns will trust Jamal Lewis enough to put games into his hands? Nuh-uh. The Browns are always going to pass with their suspect defense, and Bray's only competition on that team is Kellen Winslow. Tim Carter? Joshua Cribbs? Joe "I Can't Stay Healthy" Jurevicius? NO. WAY. Braylon's going to break out, and never look back.

id keep AP and edwards. gore has been kinda slow so far this year and i expect things to get worse without alex smith, defenses will be putting more people up to stop the run, and the o line isnt helping either. brandon marshall is good but once javon walker comes back id look for marshall to get less looks as where braylon is the number 1 reciever even if hes on a bad offensive team hes still going to get 8-10 looks a game which would equal out to quite a few tds. AP has been solid this year and i dont think the vikings are going to play chester taylor that much since AP has been so good. so id keep what u got with AP and edwards

that's a tough one to call Boz, but i would get Gore and Marshall if i were you. Gore will get more touches with Smith out and there is the possibility that defenses load up the box against him but i think Angry Frank is too good to be shut down all season. Marsh is Cut's favorite target and while Walker may take away some looks he will still put up some big numbers. i know Denver has not been a big passing since Elway but Cutler is too good of a QB and Shanny will realize that soon enough and they will begin to air it out. go with the proven entity in this case. Peterson could not stay healthy in an 11 game college season so what makes you think he will stay healthy in a 16 week NFL season.

that's a tough one to call Boz, but i would get Gore and Marshall if i were you. Gore will get more touches with Smith out and there is the possibility that defenses load up the box against him but i think Angry Frank is too good to be shut down all season. Marsh is Cut's favorite target and while Walker may take away some looks he will still put up some big numbers. i know Denver has not been a big passing since Elway but Cutler is too good of a QB and Shanny will realize that soon enough and they will begin to air it out. go with the proven entity in this case. Peterson could not stay healthy in an 11 game college season so what makes you think he will stay healthy in a 16 week NFL season.

Dammmm this is a tough one for me, all this good advice and im still lost, lol

All the players in this trade are good! This trade really doesn't do much. I mean are you just trading because of player personalities or what? RB/WR for RB /WR...sorry just do get it. doesn't really matter what you do...it's pretty safe all around.

All the players in this trade are good! This trade really doesn't do much. I mean are you just trading because of player personalities or what? RB/WR for RB /WR...sorry just do get it. doesn't really matter what you do...it's pretty safe all around.

Well there are questions for me, especially with whats goin on in minny thats why....basically wondering if i should sell high with apete for gore...because i have jacobs and steven jackson both hurt, so im lookin for another solid back and not have to worry if he is going to be splitting carries, apete was unheard of in the 2nd half last week

Hey guys im in serious need for opinions on this one...

I was just offered Frank Gore and Brandon Marshall for Adrian Peterson and Braylon Edwards. In my opinion my 2 guys have more upside, and obviously have had better stats so far this season. And now with the talks of Chester T, possibly in talks with Tampa Bay... Please I would appreciate all input...Thanks

this is really tough - i cant argue either which way you go. News just came out on rotoworld that makes it sound as if Taylor aint goin anywhere. I think Edwards will def outperform Marshall this year. I'll use that as the deciding factor to stay put. Gore is a proven stud, but Peterson's role should get bigger as the year goes on. Tough - really tough.....i would just stand pat.

I love APETE, but the TAYLOR situation is driving me nutts, there really isnt any comparison between APETE and TAYLOR, but childress is still going with CT....Apete was unheard of in the 2nd half Sunday

that was only b/c GB ate up the clock, then when the Vikes were down 2 scores, they went into their hurry up pass mode, and used Taylor....They dont trust Peterson on pass blocking just yet......they were basically alternating each series....

Well there are questions for me, especially with whats goin on in minny thats why....basically wondering if i should sell high with apete for gore...because i have jacobs and steven jackson both hurt, so im lookin for another solid back and not have to worry if he is going to be splitting carries, apete was unheard of in the 2nd half last week

I hear ya. Personally I love AP! I don't see trading him ....and B. Edwards is sweet. Stick with what you got.

My major concern with the Vikings: Head Coach Childress...this guy is a moron!!! 12 carriers last game!! AP has 12 carries? 108 yds in the 1st half....4yds in the 2nd half!!!!????

Childress needs to be fired....now. He sucks. He will not be back next year. Guaranteed.

this is really tough - i cant argue either which way you go. News just came out on rotoworld that makes it sound as if Taylor aint goin anywhere. I think Edwards will def outperform Marshall this year. I'll use that as the deciding factor to stay put. Gore is a proven stud, but Peterson's role should get bigger as the year goes on. Tough - really tough.....i would just stand pat.

What about this year tho, lol

God this is a tough one !!!

speculation should not be a deciding factor in such a close call like this....Denver is going to be a mix of run and pass...Edwards should def post the better stats playing on a team that will most of the time be playing catchup.

Good point about Petersons health, but the Vikes are not pounding him the way the Sooners were....sounds like their gonna keep all them backs to keep All Day fresh....

exactly!!!! stay with the guys you drafted.....its not clear/cut helping you....youd be getting more production from Gore (than AP), but less with Marshall (than BEdwards)

I hear ya. Personally I love AP! I don't see trading him ....and B. Edwards is sweet. Stick with what you got.

My major concern with the Vikings: Head Coach Childress...this guy is a moron!!! 12 carriers last game!! AP has 12 carries? 108 yds in the 1st half....4yds in the 2nd half!!!!????

Childress needs to be fired....now. He sucks. He will not be back next year. Guaranteed.

And Taylor did nothing at all ...this is what gets me

pixel.gifpixel.gif

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Adrian Peterson was on the field for 24 of the Vikings' 65 offensive snaps Sunday.

He took the handoff on half of those snaps, rushing for 112 yards, yet saw little work after halftime and was on the sidelines late. Chester Taylor was in for 40 of the Vikings' 65 offensive plays, with Taylor and Peterson in the same backfield together once.Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Archived