NBC Sports Edge Forums

7 Weeks Left, How's Your Team Doing?

ssmarsh

How's your team diong with less than two months to go? I'm in the lead, but it's a slippery slope as more players hit the DL. Might be tough to hang on. Anyone else?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 109 points in a Yahoo roto league. I'm in first, up 11 points on the person in 2nd, 16 on the person in 3rd, and 20.5 on the person in 4th (the last $ spot).

I had lost points 5 straight days up until yesterday, which netted me .5 for the day. My team has been slumping, but my 1-2-3 of starting pitchers, and Trout's call-up, coupled with being able to nab Choo in a trade for nothing (AND Soriano getting hot literally a day or two before I was going to drop him) has made up for a lot of the early season crap my team went through.

I recently traded Matt Harvey for Cody Ross-- I needed one more bat and I expect Harvey to have more bumps this year. Trade deadline is the 19th and I'm trying to spin Lohse w/ a hitter for an upgrade at 3B.

Lawrie and Tulo being massive disappointments aside, this has been a mighty decent season.

Oh, I've also (at one point or another) rostered so many closers only to drop them before they got the job: Addison Reed, Wilton Lopez, Jeremy Affeldt... it goes on and on and I try to block it out. I'm amazed my bullpen that was initially made up of simply John Axford and H-Rod has held up and allowed me to remain in 1st (I've been there for over a month and a half now).

Good luck to the rest of you, the rest of the way!

How's your team diong with less than two months to go? I'm in the lead, but it's a slippery slope as more players hit the DL. Might be tough to hang on. Anyone else?

Ive been saying since January it was going to be a rebuild year, had a 10-keeper auction mixed league with 13 owners that I won last year but gave up pretty much every keeper, minor leaguer and minor league picks to make it happen. So I was willing to make non keeper for keeper moves earlier than most owners AND take on owners crap to get keepers.

So Ive built a nice core thus far going into next year:

Posey, Vmart, Moustakas, Harper, Latos, Chapman, Reed - those 7 I will have for a total of $15 in a $130 cap league and I have a few others. Ive also stockpiled minor league picks and acquired many minor leaguers throughout the year, which is great considering I was down to 0 going into the season. Could be a record amount of $$ I will have to spend in the auction if a few of my other potential cheap keepers look keeper worth next winter.

I've been bumping around the top 4 for about 3-4 weeks now. I've set up my SP's for my 1,400 IP Limit. Rollin' with my 7 SPs the rest of the year. Do or Die. I only have 4 free agent waives left. Gotta pray for the best now.

I've been bumping around the top 4 for about 3-4 weeks now. I've set up my SP's for my 1,400 IP Limit. Rollin' with my 7 SPs the rest of the year. Do or Die. I only have 4 free agent waives left. Gotta pray for the best now.

Godspeed! I have my 1400IP limit for set too. I have it set-up for 5 pitchers, though. I figure I'll stream one on occasion (i.e. Bronson Arroyo vs. CHC tonight) to try to pad my lead when I can. I have Sale and Weaver going as is.... why not? Do or die!

Last place. Playing for next year.

You have my respect. Let me elaborate, won't be many of you in this thread, I promise. I don't mean that in a bad or mean way either.

Doing good despite injuries. #2 in keeper having Stanton, Panda, Tulo, Morrow, Doc (trade), Street on DL this year, still #1 in auction, OBP money-league with Stanton, Tulo, Votto and Cuddy hitting the DL

I'll get flack for this but I haven't lost a league since 2009. I am in 1st in my money league, but this is the first year I really don't know if my team has what it takes to win. It's a 10 roto league with a H2H kicker to keep teams in, I also have a first round bye in the H2H side locked up and a 5 point lead on the Roto.

I'm in second place in my not really friends or family league. This league is a roto league, and I was invited by a friend who has long since disappeared off the face of the earth, nothing keeps me in this league but the fact that they change the rules every year to "get me," and I am a sucker for the challenge. the first year after I won they added an innings cap half way through because I was streaming away(not picking up guys, but rotating my bench pitchers daily. I had to really hold to a couple of good matchups for the last few weeks to prevent from going over and then I streamed 7 guys the last night.

Won the league by a 1/2 point with an hour to go in the season.

This year they changed the league to a keeper league and didn't tell me, I showed up to the draft to see tons of names blacked out, then on the little message board below they informed my that the homepage stated the day before they wanted a keeper league.

I will beat them. I will.

^^^^ haha thats awesome, most people would freak out if that underhanded crap went down. Love that attitude, go get em bro! And when you do, rub it in every day possible, thats some weak sauce right there

Currently winning my division by 18 games (we count each category win), which gives me the #2 seed in our 8 team playoffs. Definitely pumped for my first H2H baseball playoff!

Trout, Mccutchen, Cargo, Weaver, and David Price. I also got some role players in Kinsler, Beltre, Headley, and Heyward. My teams in first and destroys people every week. Hopefully no one gets injured and i can win my first Fantasy Title, then try to go back to back in football!

Archived