NBC Sports Edge Forums

7 Weeks Left, How's Your Team Doing?

ssmarsh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9-8. 6th place out of 14. Lost melky, just got grandal and hanson back. hoping to get lowrie back soon and team is solid from there on. Hoping i can make it back to the championship back to back seasons.

I drafted Darvish & Luebke in every league I have. This had pretty much put me behind the 8 ball in every league. As a result, I'm in

2nd out of 12 (Rotation is Felix, Morrow, Sheets, Fiers, Maholm, Medlen, Liriano) - 2 points backs due having 56 of 60 available points on offense.

1st out of 16 (This is a sabermatic points league which allows my offensive production to carry my team)

12th out of 16 (I thought my rotation was gold with Lee, Sabathia, Wainwright, Darvish, Luebke, Capuano in such a deep league but it didn't turn out that way for me)

13th out of 15 (Auction keeper in which I had Reyes, J. Upton, Sabathia, Lawrie, Gordon at 1/2 of going rates seemed like it would go well and yet every one of those guys under performs this year).

I guess 50% in top 3 isn't bad, but I'm going to have to work on getting better pitching next year.

So am I the only guy in a league where the trout owner is in last place?

I'm glad this was brought up cause the team in my league with him are second to last. All their s*** talking for nothing.

^^^^ haha thats awesome, most people would freak out if that underhanded crap went down. Love that attitude, go get em bro! And when you do, rub it in every day possible, thats some weak sauce right there

One thing I've always maintained, I never talk trash. I realize most people only play for the trash talking, but it's so much better for me to show up the draft (one live, one online) and be silent. Specifically the live draft. Not to get too far off tangent, but when I drafted this year, it was at a bar, per usual and people actually came to watch the league draft.

There's nothing quite like sitting there, and not flinching, never needing more than a few seconds to draft and never reading anything I brought, except to scratch names off. SOOOOO intimidating.

I am the exact opposite. I talk huge smack all year long..At the draft my mouth runs all day..It's all in good fun as my league has been together for 21 years and we are all good friends..

If i couldn't talk smack i might not play fantasy baseball..

^^^^ haha thats awesome, most people would freak out if that underhanded crap went down. Love that attitude, go get em bro! And when you do, rub it in every day possible, thats some weak sauce right there

One thing I've always maintained, I never talk trash. I realize most people only play for the trash talking, but it's so much better for me to show up the draft (one live, one online) and be silent. Specifically the live draft. Not to get too far off tangent, but when I drafted this year, it was at a bar, per usual and people actually came to watch the league draft.

There's nothing quite like sitting there, and not flinching, never needing more than a few seconds to draft and never reading anything I brought, except to scratch names off. SOOOOO intimidating.

I am the exact opposite. I talk huge smack all year long..At the draft my mouth runs all day..It's all in good fun as my league has been together for 21 years and we are all good friends..

If i couldn't talk smack i might not play fantasy baseball..

I get that from you :)

I'd just rather take the "act like you've been there before," approach.

Plus, there is soon much more hate that can be derived from a champion with complete humility. Even at the end of season party, when the monies are handed out, I only talk about other teams successes and my luckiness.

I am genuine, but it's all laying the ground work for next year.

If your gritting your teeth when we shake hands at next years draft I've already beat you.

My team disappeared in June and July. Was like 30 pts back at one point with the first place team flying high. But now somehow it’s 5 pts in first place with a big time August… It’s gonna be a tight race, but at least I have something to play for down the stretch, which I certainly didn’t expect just a few wks ago.

I am clawing my way back. Our league has 4 divisions and 2 wild card spots. With 2 weeks left, I am three points behind the 6th wild card spot for the playoffs.

If I miss it this year it will be the first playoff I've missed in 4 years :/

In my 20 team Keeper League, my team is struggling. 8.5 games back from division lead and losing to an expansion team. My team has great offense but really poor pitching. Last week, I pretty much got swept in the pitching stats leading to an ugly 7-13-1 loss. Also, have injuries to Lawrie and Tulowitzki are hurting. Machado and Plouffe really need to pick it up. Straily getting sent down hurts. I'd guess half my roster is NA or DL players. Picked up Skaggs hoping for lightning in a bottle.

Playing against division leader this week and the rest of season is vs division opponent so hold destiny in my own hands but it doesn't look good. Will be 7th seed in payoffs but far cry from fighting for 1st and 2nd in previous years. Competition has really picked up!

I'm in first place in my Razzball commenter league (roto), despite the genius move of drafting Lawrie, Lee, Greinke, Beachy and Gordon in the top nine.

In my four H2H leagues, I'm in the playoffs (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places) for all of them.

Archived