NBC Sports Edge Forums

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's the worst in the forum, it's so bad I actually like it, and even respect it in a sick way. It's a hideously diseased monstrosity out of the late night

Just read that Powell only has one testicle, but it's huge. Starting him with confidence.

The level of delusion in this thread is astonishing

He did not even get run when Williams got hurt! the Fonse' Smith came in first, then 1 of 2 white RB's in the league in Ray Sherman? came in after that. Powell did not even see one snap after Williams exited. Draw your own conclusions but this chump won't be some bell cow even if Williams misses a game or two.

Being serious for a moment, in the time I was paying attention (I admit I was drinking at the bar so not really focusing on the game) I remember Powell having a really bad drop that should have been a first down and I thought Williams looked better in pass protection. Those things don't help the outlook of a guy that was only coming in for passing downs.

Here is the thing. He didn't get the ball when Williams went down. He ran the ball once while Williams was in. They didn't give him a go when Williams lost, what was it, 10 yards on 3 carries?

You can't get do damage if you don't get the ball. He isn't getting the ball. Now Smith and Stephen-Howling coming back, looks like a committee to me. Plus, Williams might be back for next week. There isn't enough time.

Look at the schedule, BUF, MIN, SFO, GNB, BYE, @ATL and then Beanie will be back (I think that timetable is right).

I doubt he gets the ball next week as a feature back, and if he did well in a committee, who wants him against those next 4 matchups? After Buffalo, I can't imagine them lightening up any of those DLines. Looks like it is over before it began.

• Like 1

No doubt there are questions surrounding him but that there is the possibility is why I am here. If someone told you last week that Brandon bolden was going to go off. You would have said ridley vereen and woodhead all stand in his path and your not touching the situation. What did bolden do? Went off and was a hot add in one of my leagues someone paid $47.00 dollars for his services. To me that means Will Powell could be something that I'm not ready to dismiss.

He's gonna be a starter now? Even tho everyone that watched the game saw Sherman/Smith were in on almost all of the snaps when Williams went down?

"they threw a lot so yeah"

that was also the excuse for Powell being on the field last week ... now its the the reason he wasnt?

This is a committee, at best, behind one of the worst OL i've ever seen.

• Like 3

Can't believe anyone would scoff at a possible starting running back. Will Powell will do just fine given the chance.

How do you figure? Did you watch that offensive line last night? Its the worst in the league and its not even close.

No doubt there are questions surrounding him but that there is the possibility is why I am here. If someone told you last week that Brandon bolden was going to go off. You would have said ridley vereen and woodhead all stand in his path and your not touching the situation. What did bolden do? Went off and was a hot add in one of my leagues someone paid $47.00 dollars for his services. To me that means Will Powell could be something that I'm not ready to dismiss.

Bolden got the ball. That is the difference. Powell didn't. Powell has competition just for the 3rd down back. Woodhead has done zero with the carries he got, and Vereen is still hurt.

The coaching staff didn't give Powell more carries with Williams struggling. He actually got less this week.

Cardinals RB Ryan Williams played 43-of-82 (52.4 percent) snaps versus the Rams in Week 5.

Even with the shoulder injury that knocked him out of the game, it's an increase from last week. Williams even saw time in the no-huddle package. Backup William Powell played just 12 snaps Thursday night. Williams now has just one impressive quarter in 20 this season, but he's locked in as the feature back as long as his shoulder checks out on Friday. Oct 5 - 9:27 AM

I'm ready to dismiss it.

Edited by Sternes

Dear god let this thread die, he got 1 carry, dont claim he "averaged 7 ypc" an average implies that there is a sample size larger than 1 to create an average from. Also, after Williams got hurt, Alphonso Smith and Ray Sherman were on the field. This guy is not going to start this season or ever for that matter. Like I said you are better off picking up: Toby Gerhart, Robert Turbin, Mike Goodson, Ronnie Hillman, hell I'd probably even pick up Bryce Brown over him. He is a handcuff AT THE BEST, and probably the worst one in the league considering the complete incompetence of his o-line.

Edited by rdubs23
  • Like 2

That there is the possibility is why I'm here feel free to bounce over to the sweet Ryan Williams thread if you disagree.

No one disagrees anymore. Some people blindly thought Ryan Williams talent could overcome his offensive line woes. But now that everyone got to see Arizona's steaming pile of horse---- line last night on National TV, I think the consensus amongst everyone is stay away from the Arizona backfield. That team got exposed last night, they are about to head into a tailspin. They can't run, teams will just jam the box and try to make Kolb beat them and as we saw last night, that was not possible with that loser back there.

• Like 1

DO NOT POST DO NOT POST DO NOT POST

Everybody SPAM the s--- out of the next poster!!!

BEWARE! (death threats to email, letters to home, etc.)

DO NOT make another post in this ridiculous time-wasting thread!

Edited by Singing in Dwayne
  • Like 2

This thread must die

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's the worst in the forum, it's so bad I actually like it, and even respect it in a sick way. It's a hideously diseased monstrosity out of the late night creature feature that refuses to die. Shoot it, stab it, set it on fire, freeze it with liquid nitrogen, nuke it from orbit, doesn't matter-- it keeps coming back! Half the time the only reason it gets bumped is from people saying how much it sucks, which just adds to the foulness. The thread began as an act of hope, the belief that some dude who has barely played since high school could become a fantasy star, but now the Wi-Po thread feeds on hate, it becomes stronger, deadlier, more relentless. It's the Terminator, the Blob, Jaws, Frankenstein, the Alien, and Jackie Battle all rolled into one. The horror, the horror...

Haha exactly, I can't help myself from coming back, I am a glutton for punishment. It's that train wreck where you just can't look away. I also want to see the spin job from FouLLine and Robrain but their silence is deafening right now.

This thread must die

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's the worst in the forum, it's so bad I actually like it, and even respect it in a sick way. It's a hideously diseased monstrosity out of the late night creature feature that refuses to die. Shoot it, stab it, set it on fire, freeze it with liquid nitrogen, nuke it from orbit, doesn't matter-- it keeps coming back! Half the time the only reason it gets bumped is from people saying how much it sucks, which just adds to the foulness. The thread began as an act of hope, the belief that some dude who has barely played since high school could become a fantasy star, but now the Wi-Po thread feeds on hate, it becomes stronger, deadlier, more relentless. It's the Terminator, the Blob, Jaws, Frankenstein, the Alien, and Jackie Battle all rolled into one. The horror, the horror...

Haha exactly, I can't help myself from coming back, I am a glutton for punishment. It's that train wreck where you just can't look away. I also want to see the spin job from FouLLine and Robrain but their silence is deafening right now.

ha, yep, the never-ending train wreck, you know it's wrong but you just keep clicking on the thing to see the telescoping updates.

This thread wouldn't be half as long without all the posts from people saying how much they hate this thread, that there's nothing left to be said, that the thread must die, and that the thread it too long. If it pains you so, why do you keep coming back???

You guys are the Rihannas of Rotoworld... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This thread must die

This is a fantastic post. Made me laugh and feel ashamed at the same time. And you're right, we can't stop this beast anymore.

• Like 1

I've never seen such a sad attempt at spinning a perfomance into a positive in my life.

This thread is the ying to Zuerlein's yang.

Everything I said were facts. Haha yes maybe a bit of a spin job but my point still stands the guy hasn't gotten more than 4 touches.

When he fails with 10+ touches I'll apologize for the over hype of a waiver pick up. Not like my calculated and graceful words had you guys drafting Powell in the 4th round. Hell go get mad at and hate on the guys over hyping on Chris Johnson and Ryan Mathews.

I've never seen such a sad attempt at spinning a perfomance into a positive in my life.

This thread is the ying to Zuerlein's yang.

Agree. But it's just so fun to say:

Hey, thats 7 yards a carry.

And watch the ensuing train wreck unfold. Sometimes I feel sick reading this, like when you eat to much candy.

All you can do is drink a glass of water, lay down and wait until it passes.

GZ is also a useful fantasy option

and Powell barely has more rushing yards than him.

and Alphonso Smith got more snaps when Williams went out

and Anthony Sherman

I'm gonna go start another thread on every player with 2 functioning legs... Oooh the upside.