NBC Sports Edge Forums

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's the worst in the forum, it's so bad I actually like it, and even respect it in a sick way. It's a hideously diseased monstrosity out of the late night

Just read that Powell only has one testicle, but it's huge. Starting him with confidence.

The level of delusion in this thread is astonishing

The offensive line is definitely a problem but I still think that with the amount of talent Powell has, it'll balances it out. A lot of people want to trade for Powell in my league -- I might even turn down Ray Rice/Foster at this point. His potential is too great.

i assume you're being sarcastic but if not...

what amount of talent are we talking about here? would this be the talent that got him almost no carries in college or the talent that got him undrafted? powell is a rb with an opportunity running behind a suspect oline.

The offensive line is definitely a problem but I still think that with the amount of talent Powell has, it'll balances it out. A lot of people want to trade for Powell in my league -- I might even turn down Ray Rice/Foster at this point. His potential is too great.
There is a definate, possibility of there being a chance that i may or may not know what it is that i am not possibly trying to get across at any not given time, at the chance of you understanding in the slightest that there is a slightly less than nothing chance that there is any chance at all of this making any sence at all.

But I don't know how to leave you

And I'll never let you fall

And I don't know how you do it

Making love out of nothing at all

I love how people think cracking the same sarcastic jokes over and over again in this thread might actually still be funny (if they ever were).

It's definitely a "wait and see" at this point. Foolish to expect him to step in and be a stud, but equally as foolish to ignore the situation. He's clearly much quicker than Williams, so maybe he can make something out of a bad line that Mr. Brittle couldn't. Or not, but if he does in fact get the starting nod, wouldn't hurt to stash him instead of another end-of-bench type player for the opportunity alone.

• Like 1

I love how people think cracking the same sarcastic jokes over and over again in this thread might actually still be funny (if they ever were).

It's definitely a "wait and see" at this point. Foolish to expect him to step in and be a stud, but equally as foolish to ignore the situation. He's clearly much quicker than Williams, so maybe he can make something out of a bad line that Mr. Brittle couldn't. Or not, but if he does in fact get the starting nod, wouldn't hurt to stash him instead of another end-of-bench type player for the opportunity alone.

So by wait and see you mean don't wait, but go add and then bench and see if he's any good.

• Like 2

So by wait and see you mean don't wait, but go add and then bench and see if he's any good.

Sure, like my post said, wait if you don't have an obvious drop, but if you do then it's worth a stash but not an immediate start (thus creating a different kind of "wait" scenario). In either case, it's "wait and see."

Edited by jnormy

Sure, like my post said, wait if you don't have an obvious drop, but if you do then it's worth a stash but not an immediate start (thus creating a different kind of "wait" scenario). In either case, it's "wait and see."

And I also said "if in fact he does gets the starting nod," consider stashing him. That also assumes a waiting period as he hasn't been confirmed the starter yet. So nowhere in my post does it suggest "don't wait."

Powell/Smith split with LSH on 3rd downs

behind an OL that couldn't block 4 girl scouts.

Yep, that is what I am thinking too. With a veteran like Addai added to the mix to further cement this crew as the biggest garbage bunch in the NFL. I will probably let other people burn waiver money then try to figure out which Arizona running back will be the leader for "30 yards" each week.

• Like 1

Powell/Smith split with LSH on 3rd downs

behind an OL that couldn't block 4 girl scouts.

Yep, that is what I am thinking too. With a veteran like Addai added to the mix to further cement this crew as the biggest garbage bunch in the NFL. I will probably let other people burn waiver money then try to figure out which Arizona running back will be the leader for "30 yards" each week.

According to the Arizona Republic, the Cardinals' coaching staff does not believe La'Rod Stephens-Howling is capable of holding up on 15 carries a game.

Stephens-Howling is expected to be the Cardinals' "starter" until Beanie Wells (turf toe) gets back after midseason, but he'll be far from a workhorse. He's 5'7/185, and coaches believe he "tends to wear down" over the course of seasons, even in a change-of-pace and kick return role. Beat writer Kent Somers believes the Cards "will have to add a back," naming Joseph Addai, Tim Hightower, Steve Slaton, and Cadillac Williams as possibilities.

Looks like Larod is getting the nod.

Ppl are jumping ship. Powell was added in yahoo leagues 10,000 times in the last hour.

Larod has been added 6,000 times in the last 10mins

Edited by pfresh

And I also said "if in fact he does gets the starting nod," consider stashing him. That also assumes a waiting period as he hasn't been confirmed the starter yet. So nowhere in my post does it suggest "don't wait."

Okay, I just want to get this straight before I don't wait to wait.

So don't wait if he gets the starting nod, but wait to start until you see him perform and wait to add unless you have an obvious drop but should I have an obvious drop then I should drop him for a mouse, in house or not in box with a fox. Should I add him here or there or should I add him anywhere? I do not like William Powell but I should add and see, if I do like William Powell he's free, he's free. But if I wait to see, I may have no chance to add and see. Maybe I will just wait and see.

Edited by tucker26
  • Like 4

Clearly much quicker than Williams? Where did you get that idea?

William Powell Pro Day:

40 Yrd Dash: 4.63

20 Yrd Dash: 2.64

10 Yrd Dash: 1.60

Ryan Williams Pro Day:

40 Yrd Dash: 4.49

20 Yrd Dash: 2.50

10 Yrd Dash: 1.59

I would compare their cone drill and shuttle stats, but that would be impossible since William Powell pulled his hamstring running the 40 at his pro day. :blink:

Okay, I just want to get this straight before I don't wait to wait.

So don't wait if he gets the starting nod, but wait to start until you see him perform and wait to add unless you have an obvious drop but should I have an obvious drop then I should drop him for a mouse, in house or not in box with a fox. Should I add him here or there or should I add him anywhere? I do not like William Powell but I should add and see, if I do like William Powell he's free, he's free. But if I wait to see, I may have no chance to add and see. Maybe I will just wait and see.

I wish I had as much free time as you to constantly post these irrational and totally non helpful posts in all these threads. I recall a similarly absurd post in the Zuerlein thread about a ghost and some other non useful crap. I come to these forums for some insight on players that others may have more information on than me and I get this useless BS from you and from others like you. Why clutter the forums with your nonsensical babbling?

• Like 1

"Beat writer Kent Somers believes the Cards "will have to add a back," naming Joseph Addai, Tim Hightower, Steve Slaton, and Cadillac Williams as possibilities."

:lol: "let's add a washed up, slow footed RB and put him behind the worst O-line in the NFL!!!"

Edited by throatSLASH

"Beat writer Kent Somers believes the Cards "will have to add a back," naming Joseph Addai, Tim Hightower, Steve Slaton, and Cadillac Williams as possibilities."

:lol: "let's add a washed up, slow footed RB and put him behind the worst O-line in the NFL!!!"

Bottom line is it doesn't appear that they trust and/or like any of their options right now. Sitting at 4-1, I think they'll be making a trade sooner rather than later. The question is for whom.

My nonsensical babbling made a lot of sense if you paid attention: If you want him in a competitve league you must take a proactive approach, you must add or someone else will. Plus the confusing nature of the prior quotes made me feel like I was reading Dr. Suess so I just went with it. A bit more fun I think, but hey there is alway ignore.

The entire Zuerlein thread is a bit of a release. People can have fun and play fantasy football. I forgive any churlish remarks.

He was clearly the #2 back prior to his concussion. That left most looking at solely the box score after the game he got hurt thinking he's not even the number two, its a RBBC.

Alot of people like him because he looked good in the preseason and led in rushing yards.

There is also the Rudy factor, a guy you want to do well cause he's worked his tail off to get here and never quit.

Most of the analysis on Powell's skills is going to be pure speculative cause there isn't enough to make a sound opinion.

So many people would/are saying any AZ RB is useless behind the poor blocking o-line.

Others say it's a likely starting RB or RB to handle the majority of touches for a NFL team so there is value.

Nobody knows. Most don't care. But if anyone is to the point they are considering adding Powell you may as well cause you never know if he's going to seize the chance and it's likely his name will surface as Wavier Wire add with greater frequency.

Edited by tucker26

William Powell Pro Day:

Ryan Williams Pro Day:

I would compare their cone drill and shuttle stats, but that would be impossible since William Powell pulled his hamstring running the 40 at his pro day. :blink:

Responding to the bolded part. Is it entirely possible this guy is just an injury disaster. I mean he hurts hammy running on pro day, he gets a concussion on like his 6th NFL touch. Maybe the guy is just made out of glass.

William Powell Pro Day:

Ryan Williams Pro Day:

Responding to the bolded part. Is it entirely possible this guy is just an injury disaster. I mean he hurts hammy running on pro day, he gets a concussion on like his 6th NFL touch. Maybe the guy is just made out of glass.

Yet another reason that the extremely limited history we have for this guy makes things hard to evaluate.

William Powell Pro Day:

Ryan Williams Pro Day:

Yet another reason that the extremely limited history we have for this guy makes things hard to evaluate.

Considering he had 23 career carries in college, and was a walk-on at K-State, missed an entire year there due to an "unspecified leg injury", his hamstring pull at his pro-day, and a concussion. I think it is safe to say that it is HIGHLY questionable that he can handle an NFL workload outside of a RBBC or as being a change of pace option on passing downs. I have said it many times in this thread, based on what we know I cannot possibly imagine William Powell being fantasy relevant at any time this year, or ever for that matter. Alphonso Smith is the better add in my opinion.

• Like 1

William Powell Pro Day:

Ryan Williams Pro Day:

Considering he had 23 career carries in college, and was a walk-on at K-State, missed an entire year there due to an "unspecified leg injury", his hamstring pull at his pro-day, and a concussion. I think it is safe to say that it is HIGHLY questionable that he can handle an NFL workload outside of a RBBC or as being a change of pace option on passing downs. I have said it many times in this thread, based on what we know I cannot possibly imagine William Powell being fantasy relevant at any time this year, or ever for that matter. Alphonso Smith is the better add in my opinion.

finally a post that makes sense in this 35 page fiasco. even a guy with talent like beanie wells, when healthy is hard to start behind this line. this whole thread demonstrates the lack of rb1's and rb2's, this season people are grasping at straws more than ever.