NBC Sports Edge Forums

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

Yeah I completely forgot about the existence of Larod S-H because he hasn't played the last few games. They wouldn't give hyphen a full workload but his presence means he will siphon off half the carries and make the remaining guys worthless.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's the worst in the forum, it's so bad I actually like it, and even respect it in a sick way. It's a hideously diseased monstrosity out of the late night

Just read that Powell only has one testicle, but it's huge. Starting him with confidence.

The level of delusion in this thread is astonishing

I love how people think cracking the same sarcastic jokes over and over again in this thread might actually still be funny (if they ever were).

It's definitely a "wait and see" at this point. Foolish to expect him to step in and be a stud, but equally as foolish to ignore the situation. He's clearly much quicker than Williams, so maybe he can make something out of a bad line that Mr. Brittle couldn't. Or not, but if he does in fact get the starting nod, wouldn't hurt to stash him instead of another end-of-bench type player for the opportunity alone.

Clearly much quicker than Williams? Where did you get that idea?

William Powell Pro Day:

40 Yrd Dash: 4.63

20 Yrd Dash: 2.64

10 Yrd Dash: 1.60

Ryan Williams Pro Day:

40 Yrd Dash: 4.49

20 Yrd Dash: 2.50

10 Yrd Dash: 1.59

I would compare their cone drill and shuttle stats, but that would be impossible since William Powell pulled his hamstring running the 40 at his pro day. :blink:

The Ryan Williams I've seen this year is not the same guy who ran at that pro day. He doesn't cut with authority and doesn't seem to have much burst. He's clearly not the same player post-injury, and maybe never will be.

Ill probably have the choice between Best, Green, and Powell, and I think ill be leaning toward Best even with his role up in the air because I just dont believe in that Zona line at all. They need an elite back to be able to perform well with that line.

Can we just lock this thread already? Or at least find a way to filter out the 13-year-olds?

Why? That one testacle comment made me laugh, hard...Good stuff...Please proceed.

All right, to each his own I guess, but there seems to be very few useful posts in here anymore. Guess I'll just go elsewhere for any real updates on Powell. Enjoy the teen comedy.

Can we just lock this thread already? Or at least find a way to filter out the 13-year-olds?

Why? That one testacle comment made me laugh, hard...Good stuff...Please proceed.

All right, to each his own I guess, but there seems to be very few useful posts in here anymore. Guess I'll just go elsewhere for any real updates on Powell. Enjoy the teen comedy.

You mean like this one, Captain Obvious?

I love how people think cracking the same sarcastic jokes over and over again in this thread might actually still be funny (if they ever were).

It's definitely a "wait and see" at this point. Foolish to expect him to step in and be a stud, but equally as foolish to ignore the situation. He's clearly much quicker than Williams, so maybe he can make something out of a bad line that Mr. Brittle couldn't. Or not, but if he does in fact get the starting nod, wouldn't hurt to stash him instead of another end-of-bench type player for the opportunity alone.

Lol

You mean like this one, Captain Obvious?

Lol

Yeah, like that one. Have a nice day.

I'd much rather own Alex Green, and he is going to get vultured by Kuhn and it isn't even clear that he's going to get the job over Starks.

The difference is that Green is on a good team, or at least one much more talented than the Cardinals. I know the Cardinals defense is looking solid right now, but just wait til they start to wear down over the course of the season. And they will too, considering that the offense is not going to be putting together a lot of long drives. They'll be on the field A LOT. The Cardinals are going to be playing from behind a lot. I honestly can't imagine a scenario where the Cardinals will be running out the clock with the run game maintaining a lead or "wearing" down the defense. Can you? Because that means you think the offensive line can do a 180 and block like NFL players should be able to.

The Cardinals are a bad, bad team. They got off to a 4-0 start, but they're hardly the first team to jump out to a great record only to get buried and finish with a horrible season. Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Roberts is not an offense. Kevin Kolb is a horrible NFL QB.

The Cards are going to rotate LSH, Powell, and Sherman in the backfield from now until Beanie gets back and the matchups and the score of the game will determine who gets the most touches. AND, even if you should manage to guess correctly, are you going to be happy with 3-5 fantasy points? Because that's the kind of upside I see here.

Edited by sportsfreak2744
  • Like 1

I'd much rather own Alex Green, and he is going to get vultured by Kuhn and it isn't even clear that he's going to get the job over Starks.

The difference is that Green is on a good team, or at least one much more talented than the Cardinals. I know the Cardinals defense is looking solid right now, but just wait til they start to wear down over the course of the season. And they will too, considering that the offense is not going to be putting together a lot of long drives. They'll be on the field A LOT. The Cardinals are going to be playing from behind a lot. I honestly can't imagine a scenario where the Cardinals will be running out the clock with the run game maintaining a lead or "wearing" down the defense. Can you? Because that means you think the offensive line can do a 180 and block like NFL players should be able to.

The Cardinals are a bad, bad team. They got off to a 4-0 start, but they're hardly the first team to jump out to a great record only to get buried and finish with a horrible season. Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Roberts is not an offense. Kevin Kolb is a horrible NFL QB.

The Cards are going to rotate LSH, Powell, and Sherman in the backfield from now until Beanie gets back and the matchups and the score of the game will determine who gets the most touches. AND, even if you should manage to guess correctly, are you going to be happy with 3-5 fantasy points? Because that's the kind of upside I see here.

Some great points, thanks. I'm just interested to see what he'd do with the opportunity; 3-5 is probably a fair prediction, but I could see the potential for 10-12 in the right matchup. Still just bench fodder, I guess.

Edited by jnormy

Is there really anything to see here or no? Ryan William out, yes, but didn't Powell suffer a head injury? And he has seen few carries even with Beanie Wells out. Plus the Cardinals can't run the ball period it seems. If anyone is thinking of starting him, even in a 16-team league, IMO, your situation is dire.

• Like 1

Everytime I come to this thread I start thinking of the Beatles song Let it be, it being William Powell. I find myself huming it while reading the thread. So I for that I have changed the lyrics, to let him be. Here is the William Powell version to give people clarity.

When I find myself in times of trouble, William Powell comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let him be

And in my hour of darkness he is standing right in front of me

Let him be, let him be, let him be, let him be

Whisper words of wisdom, let him be

And when the broken hearted forum users living in the world agree

There will be an answer, let him be

For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see

And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me

Shine until tomorrow, let it be

I wake up to the sound of Alex Green, William Powell comes to me

Let him be, let him be, let him be, yeah, let him be

Let him be, let him be, let him be, yeah, let him be

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

• p_notes_new.pngMon, Oct 8
    Stephens-Howling (hip) is expected to return on Sunday and should se a significant number of carries with Ryan Williams (shoulder) on IR, according to AZCardinals.com.
    Recommendation: Stephens-Howling will split carries with William Powell and Alfonso Smith. Last season LSH gained 93 yards on 21 carries starting the final game of the regular season, so we would expect him to get first crack at the starting spot.(Rotowire.com)

sorry guys. Think the Powell bandwagon needs to slow down a bit. LSH is more familiar with the offense, and has more experience. If I'm picking between the two today, it's LSH all day. JMO

I don't understand where the Powell fanboys went. Last week a select few were touting this guy relentlessly, thinking he could prove with even a small number of carries that Ryan Williams was a bum and he deserved to take over. Now RW is gone, and it would seem the guys he has to beat out are much less talented. Yet it's crickets. He didn't play when Williams got hurt because he apparently bumped his head, but he wouldn't have gotten many carries anyways as they were in hurry up mode.

His outlook has gone from dismal to slightly less dismal this week. I don't think he is going to do anything this season but this is pretty much the perfect chance for him to show what he's got(or doesn't have).

I don't understand where the Powell fanboys went. Last week a select few were touting this guy relentlessly, thinking he could prove with even a small number of carries that Ryan Williams was a bum and he deserved to take over. Now RW is gone, and it would seem the guys he has to beat out are much less talented. Yet it's crickets. He didn't play when Williams got hurt because he apparently bumped his head, but he wouldn't have gotten many carries anyways as they were in hurry up mode.

His outlook has gone from dismal to slightly less dismal this week. I don't think he is going to do anything this season but this is pretty much the perfect chance for him to show what he's got(or doesn't have).

Because most people are not blind. By now, most people have seen their o line.

Because most people are not blind. By now, most people have seen their o line.

Most people knew their OL sucked last week

I was suspended this past week for violating the Rotoworld Forums Code of Conduct.

Otherwise this thread would be at least 50 pages long by now.

William Powell had the best opportunity to carve out a starting role out of all of the flier RB's.

Now, he's clearly at the top of the totem pole in AZ. It's extremely doubtful that Hypen (LaRod Stephens-Howling) will handle more than 5 carries a game, as long as Powell is healthy and performing.

It should also be noted that Powell may be used more in protection than Hyphen simply because he weighs more and is almost certainly the better pass-blocker (not to mention he was previously handling 3rd down work while Hyphen was out).

The concussion doesn't worry me as long as he plays this week or next. Lots of NFL players have had concussions, Powell's doesn't appear to be anything significant. One concussion doesn't instantly turn you into Jahvid Best.

William Powell's upside is tremendous. The Cardinals O-line looks dismal, yes. But if Powell's ability is able to trump a poor O-line, or the O-line is able to find some sort of solidity, Powell should easily be an RB2 with upside.

POW POW POWELL WHEELS!

• Like 2