NBC Sports Edge Forums

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

i already shipped him off for deangelo williams to someone who only has alfred morris available this week with mjd on bye. im hoping he doesnt turn out to be better than deangelo i really dont think he will. im hoping cam turns it around and that offense will start clicking again, even without kalil. also i dont see the cardinals o line turning it around. The guy also couldnt make it through last week without gettin a little dinged up.

Edited by iloverockandroll1969
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's the worst in the forum, it's so bad I actually like it, and even respect it in a sick way. It's a hideously diseased monstrosity out of the late night

Just read that Powell only has one testicle, but it's huge. Starting him with confidence.

The level of delusion in this thread is astonishing

Buffalo made Shawn Greene look decent earlier this year. I'm rolling with Powell in what could be a nice matchup at home b/c of the lack of other options. The only thing that kind of worries me is the presence of Howling ... how will the carries be split? Part of powell's value would seem to be his pass catching ... hope LSH doesn't steal it.

Also, I am guessing that after tomorrow, people will come here wondering why Alphonso Smith got more touches than this guy.

If Smith ends up with more carries there will be nothing talk about anymore. Though we will likely get some essays on the topic.

• Like 1

Buffalo made Shawn Greene look decent earlier this year. I'm rolling with Powell in what could be a nice matchup at home b/c of the lack of other options. The only thing that kind of worries me is the presence of Howling ... how will the carries be split? Part of powell's value would seem to be his pass catching ... hope LSH doesn't steal it.

i'm sure they'll make it a point to get LSH passes because otherwise what's his purpose

honestly i don't even think they're going to give powell a chance to do anything, his touches will be far too limited

it'd be nice if they force fed him like DET did LeShoure's 1st game back tho :lol:

honestly i don't even think they're going to give powell a chance to do anything, his touches will be far too limited

I think the opposite is true, actually. I expect to see him in on 1st/2d downs while the game is close. It's up to him whether he can convince the coaching staff to keep calling runs. If he gets some reps he could break one on this defense, and then we have something to talk about.

I think Powell is going to start and get the bulk of the work, there have been no reports of LSH starting, just beat writer speculation...We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Can everyone who posted in this thread return to it and discuss how their conjecture played out once the results are in? I'm gonna need closure on all of it.

Well I've posted but haven't really made a conjecture. Just for fun I'll predict: 14 carries, 72 yards; 3 catches, 5 yards; 1 fumble; Fantasy Points (std): 5.7.

Cards lose 24-19.

Decent job on the ypc but fumbles, spurring another entire week of baseless conjecture.

• Like 1

Can everyone who posted in this thread return to it and discuss how their conjecture played out once the results are in? I'm gonna need closure on all of it.

Well I've posted but haven't really made a conjecture. Just for fun I'll predict: 14 carries, 72 yards; 3 catches, 5 yards; 1 fumble; Fantasy Points (std): 5.7.

Cards lose 24-19.

Decent job on the ypc but fumbles, spurring another entire week of baseless conjecture.

3 catches for 5 yards is my favorite part.

There's something so tragically accurate about that.

I'm only 65/35 confident at the moment that Powell actually gets the majority of the carries this week. It's a bit difficult to read the situation right now, there's the chance the coaches simply don't want to skip over Hyphen for touches if he's healthy-ish (kind of out of respect to the guy or something).

I don't think Hyphen is really built for a strong workload of carries, but we may see Powell's carries more limited in this game than we'd like / hope. It's a factor to obviously be aware of, and what makes starting Powell risky this week.

However, I think if Powell does get at least ~15 carries, he should have a good shot at reaching 100+ rushing yards vs. BUF. At least one of those runs should be a long-gainer to reach that many total yards, so there's also a good chance he ends up with a TD if that's the case.

If Powell scores, I think it's far more likely to be because he broke a 20+ yard run as opposed to got a goal-line carry for a TD plunge.

Edited by Robrain

I picked him up early this week, but have since dropped him. I believe LSH will get most of the carries. Plus Arizona's schedule sucks AND their o-line sucks.

I don't think even LSH himself thinks he's getting a lot of carries. Don't talk yourself into that.

I don't think even LSH himself thinks he's getting a lot of carries. Don't talk yourself into that.

Read this article, I dropped Powell after reading this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/wires/10/12/2020.ap.fbn.cardinals.remaining.backs.1st.ld.writethru.0816/index.html

I guess we're about to find out. I'm not buying it. Just think they would have used him different than the have. There was also the article about him getting smashed for negative yards earlier this year. He's a factor but I really don't think he gets many carries.

There is a good chance that an Arizona RB scores a TD in this game, which I think might be a shootout of sorts...Chances are that it's Powell.

Let's see what happens, I'm starting him fairly confidently in one of my leagues. I think he's a good bet for 8-12 points or over in PPR.