NBC Sports Edge Forums

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's the worst in the forum, it's so bad I actually like it, and even respect it in a sick way. It's a hideously diseased monstrosity out of the late night

Just read that Powell only has one testicle, but it's huge. Starting him with confidence.

The level of delusion in this thread is astonishing

Look, you guys are failing to see the big picture here. The Hyphen can't carry a full load. Once he gets knocked out, and Alphonso Smith proves ineffective, the coaches will sign Keiland Williams. After Keiland gets hurt, then the path will be clear for William Powell to dominate carries just in time for the fantasy playoffs. At a 4.6 yards per carry average for his career, you're looking at around 100 yards plus a handful of receiving yards each game. That's RB1 territory with super RB1 upside.

• Like 2

Look, you guys are failing to see the big picture here. The Hyphen can't carry a full load. Once he gets knocked out, and Alphonso Smith proves ineffective, the coaches will sign Keiland Williams. After Keiland gets hurt, then the path will be clear for William Powell to dominate carries just in time for the fantasy playoffs. At a 4.6 yards per carry average for his career, you're looking at around 100 yards plus a handful of receiving yards each game. That's RB1 territory with super RB1 upside.

Your scenario has one flaw and that is the bigger picture will not come into play this season. To go through that many guys in the number of weeks between now and the end of the season just won't pan out. You also need to take into consideration that Beanie will potentially come back as well. I like the potato too, but I'm just not seeing it...but, I'm also not jumping ship quite yet.

Your scenario has one flaw and that is the bigger picture will not come into play this season. To go through that many guys in the number of weeks between now and the end of the season just won't pan out. You also need to take into consideration that Beanie will potentially come back as well. I like the potato too, but I'm just not seeing it...but, I'm also not jumping ship quite yet.

I am sensing some sarcasm in his post. But honestly, if LSH isn't the "hot hand" next game I could see The Cards quickly going to Powell.

• Like 2

I think its pretty telling that Powell has had to be benched what twice the last 2 games? He botched a coverage assignment against Bills that got there QB killed, then fumbles a kick off the next game. He is not exactly inspiring much confidence in the coaching staff that already has a difficult time trusting young players. This looks like a David Wilson situation too me. Wilson is more explosive than Bradshaw, but Bradshaw is the better all around football player. He can block well, catch well, and grinds out yards. That is kind of LSH is. He was tough to take down yesterday, he is a sound pass blocker and he is a good pass catcher. Unless he gets hurt he is going to start and get the majority of the touches. Powell will have some role, but he will be impossible to start in fantasy league, and those in smaller leagues 8-10 teamers can probably cut him without looking back.

post of the season thus far

\end thread

Edited by natti

No confidence from the coaches = no spot on my bench. Combine that with the putrid offensive scheme and difficult schedule, plus the possible return of Beanie in the near future and I'll be looking at other lottery tickets this week.

I still think Powell has great vision and quickness. I still think he could be an every(ish) down back. But, my opinion doesn't matter -- only Whiz's matters.

Goodbye fun thread! (unless I miss on my waiver claims this week....)

Shouldn't we all wait to see what the coaches say???

The coaches have spoken with their actions.

Edited by dzemens
Keep it about the player. Not the poster.

I am sensing some sarcasm in his post. But honestly, if LSH isn't the "hot hand" next game I could see The Cards quickly going to Powell.

It sucks a guy with as much upside as Powell has such a short leash. He easily would have out rushed LSH.

Yeah I gotta give him one more week. But unless hes super impressive against the 49ers, I'm probably going to have to cut him.

not dead yet, the whiz going to still ride the hot hand going forward....i'm holding out hope partially cause i think he can do it partially because nothing left to add and hope on instead...

I was hoping this would be the case. You have a link you could post? Would love to read more in depth.

So is LSH definitely the back to own in Arizona?

Powell have any value left?

Edited by The Harsh
Removed AC content.

So is LSH definitely the back to own in Arizona?

Powell have any value left?

The Cards hope to not overwork either back. It's a timeshare and they'll ride the hot hand. Powell, as a rookie, seems to be on a much shorter leash with two mistakes under his belt already (miscommunication on an audible that got Kolb injured and fumbled kickoff), both of which have gotten him benched for stretches. It does look like LSH is the guy to own now but that could always change. I'd prefer to avoid the whole situation now since it'll be hard to predict which will get more carries on a game to game basis.

I reluctantly dropped him in favor of Freeman to play during Brady's bye next week. I don't think Powell will do enough to warrant a waiver pickup this week against San Fran and his time is running out before he's pushed back down the depth chart.

I do understand that the opportunity is there and there is potentially a RB here that could recieve substantial carries, but you all talk about him like he is a 1st round pick or something. People are comparing him to David Wilson who some considered the best RB on the board during the draft. This guy was an undrafted RB who barely got any carries in college and was cut previously. I get that the situation might be right, but really is there that much potential?

Monday night the Cards play a tough 49ers D. I love the homie LSH but have a feeling he'll be bottled up, and although Powell may not get tons of touches, I think he'll get carries. If he does nothing I may look elsewhere, even possibly stashing Beanie. But he could pop off for some yards and a TD and be the guy for week 9.

I'm going to wait one more week before making my decision.

Monday night the Cards play a tough 49ers D. I love the homie LSH but have a feeling he'll be bottled up, and although Powell may not get tons of touches, I think he'll get carries. If he does nothing I may look elsewhere, even possibly stashing Beanie. But he could pop off for some yards and a TD and be the guy for week 9.

With you, brother. Powell gets one more week on my bench to sort this thang out...

I do understand that the opportunity is there and there is potentially a RB here that could recieve substantial carries, but you all talk about him like he is a 1st round pick or something. People are comparing him to David Wilson who some considered the best RB on the board during the draft. This guy was an undrafted RB who barely got any carries in college and was cut previously. I get that the situation might be right, but really is there that much potential?

No, there is not.

With you, brother. Powell gets one more week on my bench to sort this thang out...

I agree with this in principle, but doesn't it have to be at least two more weeks because vs. SF is likely to be a miserable affair for AZ backs no matter what?