NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Just got an offer !!

Hey guys I was just offered Selvin Young and Kevin Jones for Adrian Peterson...... I seriously dont think I like this but I would love everyones opinions on this....

I think Young would be a great pickup, but Jones, I truly dont care for.... and I love APETE, he has been carrying my team, so guys please let me know what you all think...thanks

My team involved is my team 2 in sig

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take that trade in a heartbeat.

Then again, I also like Jones. But I would probably take Young for Peterson straight up right now as well.

EDIT to add: The problem is how much Minn wants Taylor to play. He's going to kill Peterson's points from this point forward.

I would take that trade in a heartbeat.

Then again, I also like Jones. But I would probably take Young for Peterson straight up right now as well.

EDIT to add: The problem is how much Minn wants Taylor to play. He's going to kill Peterson's points from this point forward.

That is truly hard to believe, APETE is a stud and is getting better and better every week, I wouldnt be surprised the way he is playing, that Chester loses his job completely... and if Childress doesnt use APETE, there will be a lynch mob waiting for him.

i would try and hold it off as long as you can. with Travis henry's situation in limbo, Young would be an immediate starter and great RB2/low-end #1 for the rest of the year.

do it brotha... even if TPain dodges this, theres been talk of gettin selvin more involved as is. mix that in with henrys knee/ankle and KJ re entering the Mike Martz Circuz= a recipe for fantasy success. Not to mention Chester Taylor is definetly gettin more carries now that they made it public they want to keep the treads fresh on AP for now (case in point them not trading him to TB).

I think I would end up doing this one, with that QB situation in MIN they are going to eventually have to start stacking the box to stop the run and I expect MIN to be behind in a lot of games and not being able to run.

Kevin Jones as the year goes on should get more and more touches, and it's clear they don't care about Tatum Bell at all. Come week 8 or so I think Jones will be getting the full load he is used to and should translate to good numbers for Jones.

I can't imagine Henry is reinstated this year, and you gotta love any full time back out of Denver not to mention the fact that Young has looked pretty damn impressive so far.

I think I would end up doing this one, with that QB situation in MIN they are going to eventually have to start stacking the box to stop the run and I expect MIN to be behind in a lot of games and not being able to run.

Kevin Jones as the year goes on should get more and more touches, and it's clear they don't care about Tatum Bell at all. Come week 8 or so I think Jones will be getting the full load he is used to and should translate to good numbers for Jones.

I can't imagine Henry is reinstated this year, and you gotta love any full time back out of Denver not to mention the fact that Young has looked pretty damn impressive so far.

Dont forget tho, Look at my other RB's, I would have such a dilema starting guys, lol

Hey guys I was just offered Selvin Young and Kevin Jones for Adrian Peterson...... I seriously dont think I like this but I would love everyones opinions on this....

I think Young would be a great pickup, but Jones, I truly dont care for.... and I love APETE, he has been carrying my team, so guys please let me know what you all think...thanks

My team involved is my team 2 in sig

i would do it man. kjones is going to benefit nicely from that detroit passing game. he just needs to get some more reps and selvin young is going to be running for Denver Shanny makes any runner there a 1000 yard rusher

i would do it man. kjones is going to benefit nicely from that detroit passing game. he just needs to get some more reps and selvin young is going to be running for Denver Shanny makes any runner there a 1000 yard rusher

Im just nervous about Jones, I think he has had 13 carries for the year someone told me, lol

Im just nervous about Jones, I think he has had 13 carries for the year someone told me, lol

yea but you have to keep in mind he just came back from that Lisfranc injury so Martz is not just going to throw him to the wolves. With Bell back to his fumbling ways Detroit has no other choice than to use Jones in goalline situations and god knows they will get their fair share of opps in the red zone

yea but you have to keep in mind he just came back from that Lisfranc injury so Martz is not just going to throw him to the wolves. With Bell back to his fumbling ways Detroit has no other choice than to use Jones in goalline situations and god knows they will get their fair share of opps in the red zone

you think that injury wont bother him thruout the season?

you think that injury wont bother him thruout the season?

i'm not a doctor lol but if you ask me i don't think it will. he has appeared to be alright thus far so i think it's worth the risk. a great user who i don't see on here anymore named RotoBronco once told me fantasy sports are about risks and if you take them and they work out for you great but if they blow up in your face so be it it's only a game(unless it's for big money lol i figured i'd add my own personal touch to it)

i'm not a doctor lol but if you ask me i don't think it will. he has appeared to be alright thus far so i think it's worth the risk. a great user who i don't see on here anymore named RotoBronco once told me fantasy sports are about risks and if you take them and they work out for you great but if they blow up in your face so be it it's only a game(unless it's for big money lol i figured i'd add my own personal touch to it)

Thanks Dr BJ, lol

They just need to stretch him out, he will see more playing time and touches as the season goes on.

Well I accepted the trade, and now Im having second thoughts and think I made a big mistake, any votes of confidence, I would greatly appreciate, lol

Well I accepted the trade, and now Im having second thoughts and think I made a big mistake, any votes of confidence, I would greatly appreciate, lol

I think you made the right move. AP may be better off for the next 2 weeks, but as the season goes on I like your decision. I just don't trust anyone that has the combo of Tarvaris and Bollinger at QB with no WRs and another back capable of touching the ball, who started last week, and who is going to see his touches because of his large contract.

Should not have made that trade. You have Jacobs coming back also, what are you going to do with that depth except have them on your bench.

Bad trade....I repeat...BAD TRADE!

Im seriously hoping guys, AP has single handedly carried my team so far, its tough to let go of that for 2 question marks ya know.

Yeah but it could give you depth that you may need with SJax hurt, Jacobs on his way back, and Ward who will steal quite a few touches from Ward making them both RB3 type of plays.

Archived