NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Just got an offer !!

I know it isn't a ton of touches, but on 15 carries Selvin has 138 yards for a 9.2 YPC and 57 yards on 5 receptions for an average of 11.4. I think he has stud written all over him with a full load.

Well thats a big bright spot bro.. This is the first time I have ever thought Ive made a wrong move, lol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should not have made that trade. You have Jacobs coming back also, what are you going to do with that depth except have them on your bench.

Bad trade....I repeat...BAD TRADE!

Jacobs isn't going to be what everyone thought this year. He is going to see far less touches to keep him healthy and Ward is going to touch the ball quite a bit after the way he looked filling in.

Should not have made that trade. You have Jacobs coming back also, what are you going to do with that depth except have them on your bench.

Bad trade....I repeat...BAD TRADE!

Honestly, the reason I did accept it is because I am hoping to package a deal with one of my RB's and possibly Edwards for a true top WR.

so who are his 2 starting RB on a weekly basis.

Young and Jones? Since SJ is hurt and Jacobs isn't what everyone thought he was going to be.

I'd rather start Jacobs and AP.

Should be Selvin and Dayne for this week, and then hopefully he gets SJax next week and then have him and Selvin going forward.

It looks as if Henry's season is over. He obviously knows his "B sample" is dirty if he's trying to get an injunction on the NFL testing it. Young may be splitting carries with Bell/Sapp, but he's definitely going to get the bulk of the carries and with the Broncos that could mean 1,000 yards from here on out.

Kevin Jones is coming off a major injury, but he's going to get more and more touches as time goes by. By playoff time, I doubt you see Bell getting many touches. Jones has good hands and he's also already re-assumed the goal line role. As stated earlier by Mustache, you probably lose out for the first week or so, but once Jones has asserted himself as the feature guy and Young has no risk of Henry coming back, you should be able to trade one of those guys for value similar to what Peterson has now.

It's scary to give up a guy who's been performing so well, but Peterson has an injury history and the threat of Taylor taking enough carries (obviously won't be a 50-50 split but 70-30 isn't out of the realm of possibility) that Peterson's value will be damaged.

so who are his 2 starting RB on a weekly basis.

Young and Jones? Since SJ is hurt and Jacobs isn't what everyone thought he was going to be.

I'd rather start Jacobs and AP.

Im thinking Young and Jacobs, now that Young will be the premier back, but who knows

It looks as if Henry's season is over. He obviously knows his "B sample" is dirty if he's trying to get an injunction on the NFL testing it. Young may be splitting carries with Bell/Sapp, but he's definitely going to get the bulk of the carries and with the Broncos that could mean 1,000 yards from here on out.

Kevin Jones is coming off a major injury, but he's going to get more and more touches as time goes by. By playoff time, I doubt you see Bell getting many touches. Jones has good hands and he's also already re-assumed the goal line role. As stated earlier by Mustache, you probably lose out for the first week or so, but once Jones has asserted himself as the feature guy and Young has no risk of Henry coming back, you should be able to trade one of those guys for value similar to what Peterson has now.

It's scary to give up a guy who's been performing so well, but Peterson has an injury history and the threat of Taylor taking enough carries (obviously won't be a 50-50 split but 70-30 isn't out of the realm of possibility) that Peterson's value will be damaged.

So Nicka, honestly, Good or bad move bro?

Well by midnight tonight the trade should be approved especially since no objections yet, and made its way thru the voting period... so do you think it was a good trade for me or a bad one?

Im getting Kevin Jones and Selvin Young for Adrian Peterson

Hey Bozinator, what is your record in that league? Just curious with the injury to SJax and suckage of Brees. Obviously 2 keys to your success in that league.

2-2, Peterson has been carrying the load with T.O and Edwards, also Ive been getting decent points from Gonzalez and the Pats D

i wish i posted earlier, i dont like this trade at all.

I think selvin young is gonna be one of the biggest busts. and kevin jones is ehhh to me.

Im a AP owner too, and he gets better every week. I guarantee he scores more than both.

Im hoping you are wrong because I had the same feelings, but out of maybe 20 posters on here you and 1 other guy thinks its a bad trade... there were definitely alot of things to take into consideration. When this trade goes thru, I will be getting potentially 2 more starting RB's, I believe Selvin will be a strong RB, Im just a little questionable with Jones...Im not worried about Young at all really... but then I will then flip it, by packaging a deal for another top WR, because S.Jax will be back soon and Jacobs is back this week. So I will be pretty solid at the RB spot

Im hoping you are wrong because I had the same feelings, but out of maybe 20 posters on here you and 1 other guy thinks its a bad trade... there were definitely alot of things to take into consideration. When this trade goes thru, I will be getting potentially 2 more starting RB's, I believe Selvin will be a strong RB, Im just a little questionable with Jones...Im not worried about Young at all really... but then I will then flip it, by packaging a deal for another top WR, because S.Jax will be back soon and Jacobs is back this week. So I will be pretty solid at the RB spot

I wouldn't be to worried about Jones, when he is finally in the full swing he should be as good as ever. His o-line is less than spectacular, but with the threat Williams, Johnson, Furrey, and McDonald present he is going to have tons of holes to run in when he does run. Also, we all know what Martz likes to do with RBs out in the flat.

I wouldn't be to worried about Jones, when he is finally in the full swing he should be as good as ever. His o-line is less than spectacular, but with the threat Williams, Johnson, Furrey, and McDonald present he is going to have tons of holes to run in when he does run. Also, we all know what Martz likes to do with RBs out in the flat.

Thanks again for the vote of confidence, lol

Very tempting, but I would pass! AP is a STUD and has proven he can carry the load. Young has only done it over a short sample. Really don't care for KJ so it's really AP or Young??? I'd go with AP, who knows how long all this Henry smoke (like my pun) will take to clear up...

Archived