NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deep Wr3: Wright, Jon Baldwin, Stephen Hill, Randall Cobb?

Spina

Being in a deep league my strategy has always been to draft a bunch of young, upside WRs with the expectation of at least one of them breaking out to consistently hold down my WR3 spot.

This years crop:

Kendall Wright: 1st Round pick and favorite target of RGIII, now already looks to be Locker's favorite. Not having Britt in camp and possibility the first few weeks helps a lot, and I have a feeling Locker will remain locked onto Wright even when Britt returns. Think he can have a pretty big year.

Jon Baldwin: Another 1st Round pick in his second year - - signed late then proceeded to break his hand in a fight with Thomas Jones. This year with a full year/camp, along with the lengthly camp hold out of Dwayne Bowe, I think Baldwin certainly has the opportunity and talent, along with a 6-4 frame to breakout in his sophomore season.

Stephen Hill: I'm a complete Jets homer, but having said that...Hill is a physical freak at 6-4, with blasting speed (4.3) and a lot of raw talent. Say what you will about Mark Sanchez and the Jets offense, but the problem really lies with the OL - - that problem seemed to have been fixed with the promotion of Austin Howard over Wayne Hunter. Howard looked pretty awesome in the dress rehearsal, resulting in Sanchez hitting Hill for 5-68 in three quarters (had a bad drop and a would-be TD that Sanchez sailed). Hill also looked more involved than Holmes and will certainly be the red-zone target, a la, Plaxico. Lots to like. Especially once this offense starts to click...AND IT WILL. :angry:

Randall Cobb: Explosive playmaker in an explosive offense, playing with the most explosive QB not named Drew Brees. His talents will be hard to keep off the field - - no possible way Donald Driver or James Jones gets more snaps this year. I just can't see it.

So who do you have for my WR3: Wright, Jon Baldwin, Stephen Hill or Randall Cobb?

WR: Victor Cruz

WR: Denarius Moore

WR: ??????????

Thanks. Leave a link and I'll make sure I respond within the next 24 hours :P no, seriously WHIR.

Wright

Cobb

Baldwin

Hill

I think wright has the biggest impact this year and possibly the best career. Cobb is a close second due to ARod but he needs to find playing time, and this won't be the year barring injuries. If he can get ahead of Driver he can put up big numbers, although probably inconsistently.

I'd say Cobb, Baldwin and Wright are likely to have about the same production, hard to say for sure of course. Wright has Washington to compete with who is also very good and has been said to click with the QB. Hill might have big upside but I don't know how much he gets thrown to especially early on, I'd have to put him at the bottom of the list for now.

Baldwin on top here. He is the clear-cut #2, sounds like he's had a great camp.

Wright might be the WR2 for Week1, but he will be just keeping the spot warm for Washington to slide over when Britt comes back. I think Britt will get 1 or 2 games suspension, giving his knee even more time to heal before he comes back.

Baldwin on top here. He is the clear-cut #2, sounds like he's had a great camp.

Wright might be the WR2 for Week1, but he will be just keeping the spot warm for Washington to slide over when Britt comes back. I think Britt will get 1 or 2 games suspension, giving his knee even more time to heal before he comes back.

Stephen Hill is also the clear cut #2. Wright is too - - for now anyway.

Britt is explosive when he's on the field. But the problem is, he's not on the field! Wright looked great pre-season, and if anything, will establish himself as a WR2 this year.

Next is, believe it or not - Hill! Yes, although the Jets have problems in their offense - Holmes has been acting like a diva, leaving Hill to be create a repoire with Sanchez. Sanchez needs to throw to someone if he wants to keep his job. Expect Hill to be that guy. Plus your a NYJ fan so this works out the best for you.

Cobb & Baldwin are solid but not enough upside. Baldwin in particular, has not been impressive so far, and his QB sucks just like Sanchez.

Go with Wright or Hill.

I have no faith in the NYJ offense so Hill is not in my top 3.

Baldwin (prob will have most targets, I am taking those odds)

Wright ( I am big fan of Locker and less competition than Cobb)

Cobb (Finley/Jennings/Nelson ahead of him)

Hill (see above)

This is on the Rotoworld homepage.

"ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.

"Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues.

Source: ESPN New York

Sep 4 - 6:33 PM"

This is on the Rotoworld homepage.

"ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.

"Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues.

Source: ESPN New York

Sep 4 - 6:33 PM"

We'll revisit this Sunday night to see whether or not Hill is "worthy" of a roster spot - - whoever at Rotoworld assumed/wrote those two sentences after Cimini's quote will need to reconsider a new line of work.

...and within Cimin's article he's "looking into his crystal ball" when saying Hill will be the "biggest disappointment". That would be the future - - not now.

Archived