NBC Sports Edge Forums

Any Of These Guys Worth An Add In Al Only?

ssmarsh

10 team AL only with weekly roster moves. On September 1, today, we have the option to add one player from the FA pool (we drop one as well) for a one time fee of $15. I'm currently in 1st place but my offense is pretty banged up so I'm considering adding a hitter. I have Teixeira on the bench but who knows how long he'll be out? Betemit was activated by Bal today, but how many AB's will he get down the stretch? Napoli and Arencibia should be back in a few weeks, but I don't want to wait that long.

The pickings are ridiculously thin and I'm looking for an everyday at bat guy. Are any of these guys worth adding for the final month of the season?

Josh Donaldson, 3B, Oak

James Loney, 1B, Bos

Manny Machado, 3B, Bal

Nate McLouth, OF, Bal

Scott Podsednik, OF, Bos

Of the five I listed I'm really only considering Machado, McLouth and Podsednik as I think they'll get everyday AB's down the stretch.

Right now my plan for next week is to activate Betemit at 3B, move Andino back to MI and bench Raburn. I'll also activate Teixeira, move Swisher back to OF and bench Span. If I do that, I'm not sure I'd have room for Machado, McLouth or Podsednik.

Granderson's hammy is fine so he's day to day, which is a relief, so I just need to decide if any of those guys are worth an add. Decisions, decisions...

Archived