NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good defense for playoffs???

Bengals defense has a great matchup this week against the lowly Chiefs offense. After that, you can match up Arizona against the Rams, Jets, and Seahawks for Weeks 12, 13, and 14, before switching to Miami for Weeks 15 and 16 against the Jags and Bills.

Outside of a few stream possibilities, I'm rolling with Denver the rest of the way.

Other than their bad matchups (which are all over now) against ATL, HOU, NE, and NO, they've been outstanding, averaging over 20ppg in my league.

My plan to use the Dolphins D/ST the rest of the way in one league (very limited moves) is not working out as well as I hoped. At this stage, fantasy regular season and playoffs, is there a consensus best play for the rest of the way for D/ST?

The 49ers D has been really disappointing over the last few weeks. Other than a massive 27 points vs the Jets they've really made it hard for me with their lack of turnovers/sacks lately. Anyone else in the same boat? Hoping for them to turn it around soon because it's killing me that I could've had CHI at the time I picked SF!

it's killing me that I could've had CHI at the time I picked SF!

There's probably a ton of guys kicking themselves for not taking the CHI D/ST when ample chances were available. I don't recall a year when one D/ST was so amazing for fantasy owners like this year and Chicago. Pts production varies in league setups, but they are better than some RB and WR options. It's really nuts.

Anyone grabbing Tynes since he was dropped in many leagues due to bye? Didn't want to start a new topic... worth it to burn a semi high waiver to replace Walsh with Tynes this late in the season for the stretch run?

I'd consider it, depends on your waiver claim setup. In those leagues where it resets each week to the reverse of the standings, it's a no brainer. Grab Tynes. Otherwise, kind of a tough call. Tynes at #1 has a pretty big buffer above the kickers in the #10-15 range.

Outside of a few stream possibilities, I'm rolling with Denver the rest of the way.

Other than their bad matchups (which are all over now) against ATL, HOU, NE, and NO, they've been outstanding, averaging over 20ppg in my league.

Same here. Took a chance and dropped the Falcons D for them (Falcons have a good matchup this week obviously but some tougher games down the stretch)

Who do you guys feel might be the better D/ST for the rest of the year... NE or Miami? Miami has good playoff schedule from what I can see...

NE has a better offense to keep the D off the field and has more stars to make plays like sacks and picks. NE for me, the Patriots also play a few teams with suspect O's.

Any opinions on the better defense this week between Cin or Ariz? I'm slightly leaning towards starting Arizona but not sure yet.

like cincy this week - when streaming, choose the matchup where one team is clearly better than the other. ditto to the guy who thinks he should play miami over NE - miami is a team to stream against, not with. to that end, i might drop cinci and p/u seattle.

Let me know what you guys think of my end of the year strategy for defenses:

The combined schedule for the Steelers and Jets is very enticing. If I continue to roster both, here is what my rest of the season Defense schedule looks like:

12) Steelers @ CLE this week, 13) Jets hosting ARI, 14) Jets @ JAC or Steelers vs Chargers, 15) Jets @ TEN or Steelers @ DAL, 16) Jets vs Chargers or Steelers vs Bengals, 17) Steelers vs CLE

Packers and Cardinals are available as well.

For comparison, the Packers:

@NYG MIN DET @CHI TEN @MIN

the Cardinals: STL @NYJ @SEA DET CHI @SF

They don't look nearly as easy matchups. I mean, they are favorable, and Packers have the Lambeau advantage. I just think the Packers could end up struggling to stop Adrian Peterson in their 2 matchups with the Vikings, and the Cards offense does zero favors helping that defense out.

Which 2 should I roll with through the playoffs?

Seahawks or Broncos this week.

I don't know if I'm sitting the Broncos the rest of the year where I have them. Seahawks are usually only good DEF wise when home and they are at MIA this week. I'm looking at picking up CAR for the stretch run too though.

I don't know if I'm sitting the Broncos the rest of the year where I have them.

Unless something changes drastically, you can't sit them going forward. Production is just too consistent.

EDIT: Second in scoring on the season, and #1 over the last 4 weeks after the Bears debacle last night. (with my league settings)

How do you guys feel about Carolina DEF this week? Eagles are giving up 2nd most pts to opposing DEFs.

Atlanta is my usual defense, but don't feel great starting them against a red hot TB offense.

How do you guys feel about Carolina DEF this week? Eagles are giving up 2nd most pts to opposing DEFs.

I'm debating whether to stream them or Cincy (vs. Oak) this week. It might be especially good in my league since sacks are worth 2 points.

Archived