NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

Really liking the Jets down the stretch. Starting in week 13 they have: AZ, @JAX, @TEN, SD.

This week is anyone rolling with CLE vs PIT? It's awfully tempting in what should be a low scoring game.

I'm rolling with Jets and Steelers rest of season.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you guys feel about Carolina DEF this week? Eagles are giving up 2nd most pts to opposing DEFs.

I'm debating whether to stream them or Cincy (vs. Oak) this week. It might be especially good in my league since sacks are worth 2 points.

i had to settle that debate b/c waivers were last night. went w/ CAR. i am an eagles fan and i can tell you that they are a hot mess right now, esp their OL. they are 32nd in DEF PA by my league's scoring.

Alright, my unbreakable D/ST rotation isn't working out so well.

I used the Bears, Texans and Patriots for the last 8 weeks. Usually picked the best matchup and did pretty well with it until recently.

I am in a must win situation this week, so need help with picking one of these three:

- Bears vs Vikings

- Texans @ Lions

- Pats @ Jets

Standard settings, penalising for points conceded, etc.

I am thinking about going with the Bears, but it doesn't seem a slam dunk to me since they have Peterson playing the best ball of his life and a patchwork OL that will give the Vikes good field position after Jared Allen and co. do their thing.

Texans @ Lions is another tricky one, the Lions passing offense seems tailor-made to score big against the Texans.

That leaves me with the Pats, but the Jets always raise their game against the Pats are in a must-win situation.

Wat do?

How do you guys feel about Carolina DEF this week? Eagles are giving up 2nd most pts to opposing DEFs.

I'm debating whether to stream them or Cincy (vs. Oak) this week. It might be especially good in my league since sacks are worth 2 points.

i had to settle that debate b/c waivers were last night. went w/ CAR. i am an eagles fan and i can tell you that they are a hot mess right now, esp their OL. they are 32nd in DEF PA by my league's scoring.

I ended up picking up the CAR defense, too, and dropping Titus Young whom I'd never use because I looked at their schedule and they have KC next week so I'd also have a jump on next week's waivers. I decided on using them this week instead of Cincy.

You'd think I would've noticed a specific thread dedicated to defense questions right at the top, lol. My bad

In any case, I have a similar quandry as predator_05, minus the Patriots D aspect. I have to choose between HOU(@DET) and CHI(vs.MIN). Right now, I'm inclined to start the that's most gotten me to my current point, which is Chicago's D. Should the fact that I also have each opponents' premier player(Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson, respectively), change my decision in any way? I feel like there might be some theory/strategy that would give me the best chance to net me the max amount of points, but I can't grasp it, if it even exists, lol. Thanks again for any help, including the past help! Hopefully I was of some small measure of help in return

Oh, and Jacob83, I'd go with the Panthers D this week

I agree about Carolina, they've got a nice matchup against Foles and the Eagles and then next week against Lindley and the Cardinals.

Who are the "every week start" defenses? Chicago, Houston, Seattle.... any others?

For kicker this week, Blair Walsh, Connor Barth, Adam Vinateri?

49ers at NO or MIA against SEA ? 49ers seem like the logical choice, but they're playing a really good offense. Thanks !

Same issue here...SF @ NO or STL @ ARI

Im thinking about going STL just because NO is very good Offensivly... and Arizona has a QB making their first career start...If I were you I would go Miami just because Seattle is not the same team on the road

are you guys holding on to multiple Defenses for playoff matchups? or just holding onto one?

i think i'll have the 1st round bye and only have to play weeks 15 and 16

thinking about just grabbign whoever is playing the Chiefs those weeks lol, but I have the Miami Gay sharks as of now

are you guys holding on to multiple Defenses for playoff matchups? or just holding onto one?

thinking about just grabbign whoever is playing the Chiefs those weeks lol, but I have the Miami Gay sharks as of now

faders and colts

prob better off streaming against the eagles (bengals and redskins)

I'm in the same boat, and I've been trying to look ahead. Not sure what to do know, as I got the Steelers, but looking for a sneaky play as well

I thought of the same. Been playing Seattle all year. I'd hate to lose in the playoffs because I got too cute.

Any kickers anyone like out there? Walsh or Connor Barth? Vinateri supposedly has an easy schedule but I don't trust the Colts enough plus he seems to have lost a little of his leg strength.

Rolling with the Jets and Browns ROS in my 14 teamer.

I'm sticking with the Patriots D in one league and rotating between the Bengals and Ravens in another

Archived