NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For kickers, finally had to cut Akers. He nearly missed a 30 yarder last week. Yesterday, he had a 30 yarder blocked and wasn't even close on his 50 yard attempt.

Bailey has been putting up some good numbers lately, and so has Graham. And then there's Walsh.

Which of these would you go with?

Rotating between the Broncos and the Patriots. Feeling pretty good about it!

not if you played the broncos instead of the patriots this week. guy in my league did that, cost him the game.

I actually did just that this week, but I was still able to hang on (barely) for the win.

I'm rolling with Connor Barth. Tampa offense is rolling, and even when it's not, there's enough yards to at least get a field goal. Really wishing he hit that 50+ yarder yesterday.

Blair Walsh has a good leg, but as we saw yesterday against the Bears, the offense just isn't consistent enough. Everyone knows kickers are so hit or miss, it's hard to predict who will have the offense that can move the ball but stall out just enough for a field goal. Anyone that claims to know this is blowing smoke.

So I'm also looking at weeks 15 and 16. I'm not too concerned about next week 13 since I've already clinched a playoff first round bye.

Baltimore: great week 13 matchup against Pittsburgh, but week 15 and 16 they've got the Broncos and Giants, two offensive juggernauts that need to be avoided.

Oakland: KC and Carolina. But they're dead last in defense scoring this year so it's hard to leave your playoff chances to this unit

San Diego: Carolina and Jets. Two teams with turnover prone QBs.

KC: Oakland and Indy. Palmer is an INT waiting to happen and Luck has also been throwing some really bad picks lately

Which waiver quality defenses would you want to have for the playoffs. I have Denver and Seattle but am thinking of dropping Sea for NYJ or SD? My league closes waiver and FA for playoffs so what you have on your roster is it.

I need to get a good defense. I have a good chance to get a bye so I need week 15 and 16 defenses.

Which defenses do you like?

I've got the Steelers as my base D, but I am looking for another one to roll with as a matchup play, both for next week and potentially later in the season. My options:

Browns: @ OAK this week, vs KC next

CAR: @KC this week

GB: vs MIN this week

CIN: @ SD this week, followed by Dallas and Philly

ROS, who to play?

I just clinched my division and with a win this week i get the #1 spot in the league and a BYE! Even with a loss I may get the #1 spot....

But i am worried about the Playoffs...

I have:

K:

Zuerlein

B Walsh

DST:

Bengals

Seahawks

Or do i go to the waiver wire?

K:

Bailey

Bironas

Scobee

Henery

Lindell

Folk

Vinatieri

Succop

HArtley

Feeley

Suisham

Forbath

Novak

Carpenter

DST:

Cowboys

Cardinals

PAnthers

LIons

Eagles

Rams

Colts

Titans

REdskins

Saints

ARGH!!!

Dang, the Browns defense has been stellar lately. They are quietly in the top half of the league in sacks. They are a hold as they play the Raiders this week and then the Chiefs next week.

For week 13, I like the Cowboys against Foles (although the run defense will take a hit)

Browns - Palmer turns the ball over

Jets - if they are on the waiver, they take on Lindley this week

CLE @ OAK

ARI @ NYJ

CIN @ SD

CAR @ KC

DAL vs PHI

BAL vs PIT

I have Baltimore right now, but I am thinking of dropping them for Dallas vs. PHI. Cleveland looks like a nice match up as well and they have been playing solid D lately. What do you guys think?

CLE @ OAK

ARI @ NYJ

CIN @ SD

CAR @ KC

DAL vs PHI

BAL vs PIT

I have Baltimore right now, but I am thinking of dropping them for Dallas vs. PHI. Cleveland looks like a nice match up as well and they have been playing solid D lately. What do you guys think?

BAL versus PIT & probably Charlie Batch is tough to beat.

Archived