NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a league without byes, I picked u Cleveland for their week 14 matchup vs. KC

In a league where I have a bye and just need week 15 and 16 defense. I have the Pats who have been amazing for me, and they play Jax in week 16, so I'll hold onto them for that...just need week 15 matchup: Detroit or Cincy?

Detroit @ Arizona: Lindley or Kolb, both horrendous. But Detroit is one of the lowest scoring defenses in fantasy.

Cincy @ Philly: Cincy D playing pretty good lately, but against awful teams. Not sure if Foles will get it together by then, or if Vick will be back. I keep expecting Philly's offense to be good, but they give up so many points to fantasy defenses.

Not much Kicker talk on here, but...

I currently have Hanson as my kicker. After a hot start, he's been pretty lukewarm after the Week 5 BYE. Since then, he's averaged 5.6 points per game. I've held on to him for several weeks in hopes that the Lions offense would return to its elite status. He's pretty reliable when given the opportunity (only missed three kicks this year, all off the POST), so I've been a little hesitant to drop him.

Conor Barth is available on my waiver wire. Should I drop Hanson for him?

Not much Kicker talk on here, but...

I currently have Hanson as my kicker. After a hot start, he's been pretty lukewarm after the Week 5 BYE. Since then, he's averaged 5.6 points per game. I've held on to him for several weeks in hopes that the Lions offense would return to its elite status. He's pretty reliable when given the opportunity (only missed three kicks this year, all off the POST), so I've been a little hesitant to drop him.

Conor Barth is available on my waiver wire. Should I drop Hanson for him?

Keep Hanson. Dome sweet dome as the weather gets cold...

Jets or Ravens?

Both have great match ups (NYJ vs AZ & BAL vs PIT)

It's tough to pass up BAL vs Charlie Batch but AZ is awful.

If Batch plays instead of Roethlisberger, then you gotta roll with the Ravens. They have been getting better each week lately and are finally hitting their stride. Plus, the Ravens seem to always play good when at home and should be ready for this game. You saw what happened to the Steelers offense last week with Batch under center, no reason to think he can't throw a few picks again.

How come everyone is talking about the Jets D? I know Arizona offense is simply awful, but so is the Jets.

I picked up Arizona D this week.

Arizona D dissapointed me last week and this week they are on the road (and they have been pretty bad on the road this year). I dunno but I think Lindley is probably worse then Sanchez, but its almost impossible to predict defenses nowadays IMO, unless you have an elite option.

Denver vs Tampa Bay this week

or just picked up

Arizona DST vs JETS (NE layed them down & out last week hard)

NYJ are available as well, but have arizona really been giving up that much points to opposing DST's lately??>

Justin Blackmon was held out of Thursday's practice with a groin injury.

Blackmon and Cecil Shorts (hamstring) were full participants in Wednesday's practice. There's no word yet on the severity of the injuries. At this point, the status of both receivers is up in the air. Check back for an update. Nov 29 - 3:53 PM

If both Blackmon and Shorts miss Sunday's game, I don't see how the Bills are not one of the top defenses this week against the Jags in Buffalo.

Archived