NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland vs KC ended up being a nice play this week - along with DX, it proved to be the difference maker in the matchup.

While I'm holding onto Cleveland, the Lions matchup vs Arizona is simply too good. I'm rolling with them this week as a FA pickup.

9 more sacks than any other team this year

Most points scored since week 4: 19*

Since bye (4 weeks)

One game over 200 yards of offense

5 turnovers returned for touchdowns

Can Detroit screw this up? Will Arizona keep playing offense?

*Week 11, with Atlanta giving them the ball 6 extra times

The Lions are clearly the best play this week. Skelton showed that it doesn't matter who is playing, both him and Lindley are worse than horrible (if that's possible). The Lions did a decent job of containing a top Packers offense and now get to face the lowly Cardinals. If they are out there, grab them now.

i stashed the lions strictly for this week. just like i stashed the browns for weeks just to use yesterday [although it looked bleak early ...]

* i wasn't 100% on them, but they looked good vs GB and after that seattle massacre, the lions are pretty much a must start.

Bengals D at Philly seems like a good play. They've been a lot better since getting some players back (Dre Kirkpatrick, Dunlap, etc) and they've been getting after the qb against teams with decent o-lines, now they get to go up against one of the worst in allowing sacks.

I slightly distrust the Lions as a defensive unit because how crappy it's secondary has played and how undisciplined they've been as a whole, Fairley is also likely out. Arizona at home is also a slightly different story than in Seattle at that stadium against probably the best secondary in the league.

I slightly distrust the Lions as a defensive unit because how crappy it's secondary has played and how undisciplined they've been as a whole, Fairley is also likely out. Arizona at home is also a slightly different story than in Seattle at that stadium against probably the best secondary in the league.

But then again, it's up against either John "I'll throw it blindly to Larry Fitz and see what happens" Skelton, Ryan "check down" Lindley, or Kevin "I'll stand in the pocket for 2 minutes until Larry is open or until I'm sacked" Kolb and a pretty bad o-line.

But then again, it's up against either John "I'll throw it blindly to Larry Fitz and see what happens" Skelton, Ryan "check down" Lindley, or Kevin "I'll stand in the pocket for 2 minutes until Larry is open or until I'm sacked" Kolb and a pretty bad o-line.

yeah don't overthink this one...DET this week looks like an auto start. That dline should tear apart the Cards and eat them alive. They actually loooked good against GB last week. I don't see a better play on the board this week.

My options:

Dolphins vs JAC

Bengals @ PHI

Lions @ ARI

Packers @ CHI

Who should I roll with?

Safest....Bengals, most upside......Lions

If I were up against a juggernaut this week I'd go Lions and hope for the 20 pt week but If I just need the good 5 sack, 2 to game with 8-12 pts I go Cincy.

The Bengals floor is much higher than the Lions so just check your match up and see what you need.

I am trying to decide between the Jets and Bengals myself.

Thanks for the answer. Forced me to reconsider and I think I'm going to stick with Cinci this week, even though the Thursday game kind of scares me. It seems anytime I have players on Thursday, it always leads to a bad start.

Bengals facing Philly or pick up Miami facing the Jags?

It's very close but I think you have to give edge to Cincy because of the way that DEF has been playing. They've been more consistent.

Archived