NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cardinals offense is really, really, really bad. Lindey and Skelton have combined for 2 TD and 14 INT... You can't make those numbers up.

Check out the pts allowed to defenses their last 10 games (ESPN standard leagues):

Yes, the Lions D/ST is mediocre to bad.

But any starting caliber defense has a 7-8 pt floor against this horrible offense.

I also like the Dolphins D this week.

Any thoughts on the Texans vs Colts? We all saw what the Texans did to Tennessee after their last pasting. I'm thinking they could be mad enough to do the same thing to Indy this week, especially with Luck's turnover proneness. However, I can't get the image of Andrew Luck putting up 400 yds against that suspect Texan's pass D out of my head. This game seems high risk/high reward to me.

Any chance the Lions matchup isn't as good as we think it'll be?

Two average defenses in the Vikings and Bills had their second or third best fantasy performances against Arizona. I think they have a decent floor with upside for multiple sacks, INT's, and a TD for good measure.

Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense, Lions defense.

Something tells me the lions disappoint in regards to expectations (low teens or high single digits)... Reminds me of that "dream" matchup earlier in the year with a Pitt D (that had been horrible fantasy wise all year) at home vs the awful chiefs..

You still gotta start them though!

Seattle @ Buffalo

or

Miami vs. Jacksonville?

Leaning towards Miami, seattle is a different team on the road and I feel like Spiller will go off.. Thoughts?

Ten vs. NYJ

over

Den vs. Bal

Good n' ballsy or foolish and el stupido?

That's a move that could pay off. The Ravens offense is an unknown. They may be new and actually not predictable and successful, or they will be very sloppy in their first game under Cam. Denver's D will be hit or miss, but the Jets offense sucks no matter who they play. Go with the Titans against the turnover prone Sanchez.

Cincy or Detroit?

I probably wont win my bid for Detroit, but even if I were, I'm a bit nervous it might not play out to be as good as a matchup. For one, given ARI has a good defense, I could see them forcing a few turnovers in DET territory. Not to mention the sucktitude of DET special teams leading to TDs or good field position for ARI.

With Cincy, I'm worried Foles has turned the corner and/or Brown will return to form.

I see Det and Cin as a toss up since both have great mathups. But I think I'm going with Cin because of their consistent sack numbers and because they are are just the more agressive defense. As good as the matchup is against Arizona, I'm just not sure if I can fully trust Detroit to not play down to the level of the competition.

Whenever EVERYONE gets on a bandwagon in fantasy football, I tend to stay away......but I'm fully on board this Detroit DST one this week.

I am a Cardinals fan. I watched the entire debacle vs the Jets followed by the disasterous implosion vs the Seahawks.

Ryan Lindley is not a NFL QB and probably wouldn't start for most top 25 college teams. I won't say he's horrible, he's just not ready for NFL games. He is a borderline practice squad guy who should have never seen the field this year.

I am really struggling to decide if I should play de Dolphins against the Jaguars. I am really high on them but pretty much every "expert" have them ranked really low. Am I missing something here??? they made it hard on the Patriots, and played the 49ers tough.... the score against SF is not telling of the defense since Miami's offense were on the field for such a short time. The halftime score was 6 - 0 and SF scored 14 points in the final quarter in a very tired defense after being on the field for such a long time.

What do you guys think??

^ Skelton is getting the start

Ryan Lindley will be the Cardinals' starting quarterback against the Lions.

We don't know how coach Ken Whisenhunt decided between Lindley and John Skelton, but a coin flip was likely involved. Lindley has been uniquely terrible this season, posting an appalling 55.8 QB rating and 48.3 completion percentage. He's turned the ball over seven times, and yet to notch a touchdown. It's quite possible street free agent Brian Hoyer will get the call over Skelton if/when Ndamukong Suh and the Lions send Lindley to the bench.

I'm debating playing the Dolphins or Jets defense. I also have the Broncos, but I think the Ravens are a decent offense and they really allowed huge fantasy games to defenses.

Anyways, the Dolphins/Jags game worries me a little....Dolphins haven't been a very opportune defense...And haven't really had big defensive games at home this year for whatever reason. I mean, they've had some sweet home matchups with Raiders, Jets, Rams and Titans and haven't really done much in any of those games....The most points they had in any of them was 7 in my scoring system. Not to mention, I think Henne will have a little extra motivation to play well against his old team....

I'm kinda leaning toward the Jets for some unknown reason....Kinda like the Monday night factor and the Jets defense needs to score because the offense can't ;)

I am really struggling to decide if I should play de Dolphins against the Jaguars. I am really high on them but pretty much every "expert" have them ranked really low. Am I missing something here??? they made it hard on the Patriots, and played the 49ers tough.... the score against SF is not telling of the defense since Miami's offense were on the field for such a short time. The halftime score was 6 - 0 and SF scored 14 points in the final quarter in a very tired defense after being on the field for such a long time.

What do you guys think??

We don't know how coach Ken Whisenhunt decided between Lindley and John Skelton, but a coin flip was likely involved. Lindley has been uniquely terrible this season, posting an appalling 55.8 QB rating and 48.3 completion percentage. He's turned the ball over seven times, and yet to notch a touchdown. It's quite possible street free agent Brian Hoyer will get the call over Skelton if/when Ndamukong Suh and the Lions send Lindley to the bench.

Even better!!! Lions are locked into my lineup, Cinci will be riding my bench to keep my opponent from playing them.

Even better!!! Lions are locked into my lineup, Cinci will be riding my bench to keep my opponent from playing them.

I'm with ya, but the Lions are not a good defense so I wouldn't expect 30+ points like the Seahawks last week

Whenever EVERYONE gets on a bandwagon in fantasy football, I tend to stay away......but I'm fully on board this Detroit DST one this week.

I am a Cardinals fan. I watched the entire debacle vs the Jets followed by the disasterous implosion vs the Seahawks.

Ryan Lindley is not a NFL QB and probably wouldn't start for most top 25 college teams. I won't say he's horrible, he's just not ready for NFL games. He is a borderline practice squad guy who should have never seen the field this year.

This happened with the Vikings. I remember everyone picked them up one week and they get raped. I have this feeling that it's gonna happen again. I picked up the Giants but I'm second guessing it. Detroit is still available. I don't know what to do.

Archived