NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

Whenever EVERYONE gets on a bandwagon in fantasy football, I tend to stay away......but I'm fully on board this Detroit DST one this week.

I am a Cardinals fan. I watched the entire debacle vs the Jets followed by the disasterous implosion vs the Seahawks.

Ryan Lindley is not a NFL QB and probably wouldn't start for most top 25 college teams. I won't say he's horrible, he's just not ready for NFL games. He is a borderline practice squad guy who should have never seen the field this year.

This happened with the Vikings. I remember everyone picked them up one week and they get raped. I have this feeling that it's gonna happen again. I picked up the Giants but I'm second guessing it. Detroit is still available. I don't know what to do.

I'm not expecting a monster day, but you can pretty much chalk up 2 interceptions and a fumble. You might get lucky and one will go for a score.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever EVERYONE gets on a bandwagon in fantasy football, I tend to stay away......but I'm fully on board this Detroit DST one this week.

I am a Cardinals fan. I watched the entire debacle vs the Jets followed by the disasterous implosion vs the Seahawks.

Ryan Lindley is not a NFL QB and probably wouldn't start for most top 25 college teams. I won't say he's horrible, he's just not ready for NFL games. He is a borderline practice squad guy who should have never seen the field this year.

This happened with the Vikings. I remember everyone picked them up one week and they get raped. I have this feeling that it's gonna happen again. I picked up the Giants but I'm second guessing it. Detroit is still available. I don't know what to do.

I thought the same thing. Then I looked at the last 10 games for the Cards. Skelton and Lindey have 2 TD and 14 INT. Every team that has played against them, I mean every freaking team, has put up pts against this offense headed by the two of them.

Lions should dominate this game offensively and defensively.

Pissed I held out to play the Lions instead of going with Cinci. Hindsight is 20/20, but it's going to be hard for the Lions to top that performance.

Something tells me the lions disappoint in regards to expectations (low teens or high single digits)... Reminds me of that "dream" matchup earlier in the year with a Pitt D (that had been horrible fantasy wise all year) at home vs the awful chiefs..

You still gotta start them though!

Seattle @ Buffalo

or

Miami vs. Jacksonville?

Leaning towards Miami, seattle is a different team on the road and I feel like Spiller will go off.. Thoughts?

I think Jax will be better with Shorts in the lineup and Henne playing with a head of steam against his former team.

Also Buffs game is a home away from home game in Canada...still a long ways to travel for SEA but I still think they matchup better.

After an underperformance by Dalton, I can't afford to pick wrong. Is Miami's D really worth starting against Jacksonville? I know the Jags aren't that good, but Miami's D isn't that good either, especially when compared to the other D I am considering, Houston vs. Indianapolis. Of course, going against that better D, is a better offense, in the Colts.

Also, am I better off with Dan Bailey or Connor Barth?

So i have The bears and Steelers rostered but don't feel completely comfortable starting either of them with key players missing for both DEFs. Which of these two would you start or would you grab a WW DEF such as the ones listed below. Thank

Miami vs. @Jags

TB vs. @ Saints

Minne vs. @Rams

there are a few other available but these seem the most viable for this weeks matchup:

other DEF available are: Bills, chiefs, colts, cowboys, Jags, Panthers, raiders, skins, saints

This is my semi-final game and I already had Dalton and Maclin go and not really produce a whole lot, 3 fumbles takes away a much needed 6 pts, so I could use a decent showing by my defense. Thanks for any help you can give.

I knew it. I F'ing knew it. I saw this coming. Such a joke.

I imagine a lot of guys had trouble this week with some D/ST getting blown up or struggling in what should have been nice matchups (DET, CLE, STL).

What about the Colts D/ST next week vs. KC?

Two questions:

1) Is it time to move on from Jason Hanson? DET seems to have given up and isn't moving the ball that great. In addition, ATL just shut out NYG. Below are the other options on my waiver wire:

- Josh Brown (CIN)

- Graham Gano (CAR)

- Adam Viniateri (IND)

2) Which Week 16 defense should I go with?

- Colts @ KC: Seems like a good matchup, but you never know when it comes to mediocre defenses and turnover prone QBs (see Lions @ ARI)

- Bengals @ PIT: Probably a safer play given their performance over the past month and a half. Who knows what Steelers team will show up though?

I've started Seattle every single week except their Bye and it's done wonders for me. 2nd overall amongst D in points.

However, they're already down Browner and now Sherman is likely to begin his suspension before the 49ers game. Makes me worried they're gonna be vulnerable to the pass. Especially with how well Kaepernick has played lately. Am I foolish for wanting to change what got me there (wouldn't have won without them) or should I look for a good matchup off the waiver wire?

I've started Seattle every single week except their Bye and it's done wonders for me. 2nd overall amongst D in points.

However, they're already down Browner and now Sherman is likely to begin his suspension before the 49ers game. Makes me worried they're gonna be vulnerable to the pass. Especially with how well Kaepernick has played lately. Am I foolish for wanting to change what got me there (wouldn't have won without them) or should I look for a good matchup off the waiver wire?

Depends on what defenses are on the WW and their matchups.

Archived