NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

Going with Detroit D instead of Seattle D who I've started the entire season cost me a spot in the championship. Eff me for listening to all the experts. Seattle D was ranked as high as #2, so I should have known to go with the better team and not chase the awful performance of Arizona from the week before. Next year I don't care what the matchups say, I'm going with the better team.

FWIW, tonight's awful performance from Sanchez makes SD the #1 play next week. But if I was still in it, I think I still play the Seahawks, I've learned my lesson.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started Seattle every single week except their Bye and it's done wonders for me. 2nd overall amongst D in points.

However, they're already down Browner and now Sherman is likely to begin his suspension before the 49ers game. Makes me worried they're gonna be vulnerable to the pass. Especially with how well Kaepernick has played lately. Am I foolish for wanting to change what got me there (wouldn't have won without them) or should I look for a good matchup off the waiver wire?

Sounds like Sherman has a good shot at playing in that one.

Debating between the Falcons (@ det), Chargers (@ nyj) and the Skins (@ phi) for the championship. Any thoughts? Much appreciated....

I'd go with the Chargers. Jets offense is terrible, and Sanchez can be penciled in for at least 2 INT's each game, if not more.

Debating between the Falcons (@ det), Chargers (@ nyj) and the Skins (@ phi) for the championship. Any thoughts? Much appreciated....

I'd go with the Chargers. Jets offense is terrible, and Sanchez can be penciled in for at least 2 INT's each game, if not more.

I'm not convinced Sanchez starts the next game. I'm still looking at the Colts vs. KC. After ARI troubled the Lions this past week, I view the Chiefs as the worst offense in the NFL at the moment and think IND might be worth a go.

Who do you guys have between these 4 DEF this last and final week?

San Diego @ New York Jets

Washington @ Philadelphia

Indianapolis @ Kansas City

Miami vs Buffalo

If the Chief's do indeed start Stanzi, the Indy DST will most likely score big points. Living in the KC area and watching Stanzi play in preseason (he has never taken a snap in a regular season game) I can safely say he's that bad.

I'd start the Falcons against Detroit personally. Stafford throws a lot of picks and ATL has already completely stomped Brees and Eli. Can't ever completely take away Megatron, but I'd still feel the most confident in this matchup.

Chargers are tricky since their offense is so inconsistent too. A few interceptions in bad places and the Jets will put up points on them. I am starting the Chargers in one league, but I don't have ATL as an option.

Phi is bad, but the Skins defense is bad too so I don't know if I'd risk it.

Seattle vs. San Francisco

Arizona vs. Chicago

San Diego @ Jets

Who is the best play this week?

I've learned my lesson. Best defense >>> Best matchup. Doesn't matter if Arizona was giving up most points to defenses, Detroit defense still sucks. Out of this group, I'd go Seattle. Kaepernick is still a rookie and makes rookie mistakes. I don't trust the Chargers and Phillip Rivers in what is again a lost season for them.

From reading this thread and a lot of other it seems that it's going to be a tough choice for many between some combination of SD, NYJ, ATL, MIA, CAR, IND, ARIZ, and CIN. I think you can make a good argument for any of them this week. I am still going back and forth as we speak about how to rank these choices, and hopefully something I read will help make up my mind.

From reading this thread and a lot of other it seems that it's going to be a tough choice for many between some combination of SD, NYJ, ATL, MIA, CAR, IND, ARIZ, and CIN. I think you can make a good argument for any of them this week. I am still going back and forth as we speak about how to rank these choices, and hopefully something I read will help make up my mind.

I'm going with San Diego. Anyone against the Jets seems to be a good play.

What do you guys think? I'm struggling with the defenses for this week.

Bills vs. Dolphins

Bengals vs. Steelers

Giants vs. Ravens

I think you can cross off the Bills. It's close between the Giants and Bengals, but I favor the Bengals because they have a better pass rush and I think you should ride the hotter defense right now.

I like AZ this week at home VS Chicago.. Cutler is not healthy and Def should get sacks, fumbles, INTs.. They have a lot of upside..

I'm starting to lean towards the Arizona defense this week against Chicago. Arizona is just one of those ball hawking defenses and they have some monsters on the defensive line who can get after Cutler. My biggest worry is that the Arizona offense will turn the ball over a lot and give Chicago prime field position to score like in the Seattle game. So many streaming possibilities this week it's making my head spin.

Archived