NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

predator_05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anybody taking home/away into account when picking defenses? I've been seeing a lot of road defenses being pimped in this thread when I've heard that defenses at home are much more likely to be successful than defenses on the road.

I just wanted to acknowledge this fact since OAK@MIA was considered a sexy pick last week and BUF@NYJ in wk 1 and both were disastrous. There have been some exceptions, but I think I'd rather bank on a defense playing at home.

Honesty i think its a non-factor.

Look at NYG defense did against Carolina.

that game was kind of an outlier...if you were watching, there were a lot of jints fans there...a loud "cruuuz" cheer was going up every time he caught a pass. their fans travel b/c their home tickets are very hard to get. as an eagles fan, i know this all too well. anyway, jints d is on my wire, someone dropped them for AZ. might make them or SEA my 1st pickup next week.

Anyone with Seattle's D/ST rolling with someone else this week?

It doesn't seem like anyone is a slight bit worried. I know they're good and that they're at home and that the Packers haven't quite been the high-octane offense to start off the season, but they still scare me. It just feels like playing with fire. It's like having an ace pitcher, at home, but they're facing the Rangers. I don't know, what are you guys doing?

Anyone with Seattle's D/ST rolling with someone else this week?

It doesn't seem like anyone is a slight bit worried. I know they're good and that they're at home and that the Packers haven't quite been the high-octane offense to start off the season, but they still scare me. It just feels like playing with fire. It's like having an ace pitcher, at home, but they're facing the Rangers. I don't know, what are you guys doing?

they were on my wire but i picked up atl this week instead for the same reasons you stated.

Shouldn't whoever is playing the Bears be in the discussion until further notice?

Yeah, his O-Linemen probably will stop trying and let him get sacked.

It doesn't seem to matter whether they try or not.

Going w/ AZ and Atl right now but if it's a sack-and-pick feast for StL this weekend I'm gonna stream vs. Bears every chance I get.

Don't sleep on the Browns. If you are desperate, this is the pick for you. They got their offense going last week against the Bengals and their D has kept them in games against better opposition than the Bills. Fitzpatrick is the most INT-prone QB in the league.

browns def available, atl, Was, SD also... I have the Pats Def as my primary but due to the Ravens matchup I picked up the saints at home vs KC... crazy? anyone else rolling out with the saints?? Not a fan personally of them personally but 0-2 at home, KC in town... Saints cant get shred again right??

ARZ......tons, and tons of opps.

My league is not big on YA and PA but turnovers are big so yeh, ARZ is a great start. They will be on the field a lot and at home, ARZ is money even if the team blows.

ARZ......tons, and tons of opps.

My league is not big on YA and PA but turnovers are big so yeh, ARZ is a great start. They will be on the field a lot and at home, ARZ is money even if the team blows.

this. if your league is traditional D/ST scoring, you need TOs and sacks, and vick is good for both of those.

Archived