NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones For Mjd/stevie?

Br0kenB

I know in my heart I need to do this trade, but please convince me to. PPR, I have on my roster:

CJ2K / Kevin Smith / Kendall Hunter / Jacquizz Rodgers / Mark Ingram

Greg Jennings / Percy Harvin / Vincent Jackson / Julio Jones / Brandon LaFell / Josh Gordon

Just a little scared of the post-lockout thing.

You don't have to at all

You're trading the #2 WR who's going to post massive points for a guy who's likely going to slide to WR3 status and a RB who had a zillion carries last year, missed camp, and is probably going to have issues being productive + staying healthy.

I think that by like week 4 or so you'll be thinking that Julio is the obviously more useful side of the deal. You can get by with CJ0K and Smith for now. I'd pass

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/302869-doug-martin-dez-bryant-or-cj-spiller-kevin-smith-whir/

I think you should stay put. Julio is a beast. You'd be giving that up for an old MJD that doesnt have the quickness he used to and stevie johnson who is a mediocre WR/Flex every week.

Dont get me wrong MJD is still a good player. He helped me win a lot of games last year. But its Julios year this year. Don't give him up.

Tough call. I don't love MJD in PPR since Jennings will likely handle most of the third downs (Similar to Mularkey's offense in ATL lead back gets almost all carries but few receptions). But Stevie Johnson is underrated right now. #2 WR just went down for the year, F-Jax down for 3-8 weeks, his usage is about to see a spike. He could be top 3 in targets this year. It gains you depth while losing an elite starter. Depends on starting lineup requirements I suppose.

Edit: You're RBs are weak, so you have to consider not just absolute value but value over what constitutes replacement level on your team. Your WR depth exceeds your RB depth right now.

Thanks for your help guys. I'm just waiting for the best free agent RB to spring up so I can jump all over that. My WR depth is the best in the league but having CJ2K and MJD on the same team seemed good at the time. I might just stand pat. Sucks if CJ doesn't bounce back.

Do NOT trade Julio...especially not for MJD. I would only consider trading Julio for an elite RB1 (Mcfadden and up). Why don't you offer him a different receiver, like Jennings, for just MJD? ...maybe add in a back for him to seal the deal.

Wouldn't Julio look nice as your 2012 HOFer?

He would although I had planned for that spot to be reserved for Brandon LaFell. Thanks for your input, gunna have to tell him no thanks. My lack of RB depth is just killing me though...

Archived