NBC Sports Edge Forums

Today: Kevin Smith Or Daryl Richardson

Spina

you start richardson [if jackson is out]. he looked great last week and i have no idea if smith is getting 5 or 15 touches this week.

That was last week. They have a tough opponent in the Bears - - not to mention their O-Line is completely decimated. I'm thinking/hoping this Kevin Smith situation is overblown.

I think if SJax is out, their upside is similar.

Because we don't know for certain how many touches Kevin Smith will get with LeShoure back in the lineup, Daryl Richardson would be by far the safer play.

I actually asked rraayy3 for a second opinion via PM about this very sit/start decision (PPR). I have the same scenario in the Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League (PPR), and I'll be starting Daryl Richardson as long as SJax is ruled out prior to the game.

Just heard on NFL Network Sjax is a go. Regardless, it is a tough one with Leshoure returning for Detroit. I can potentially see Smith and Richardson having around the same amount of carries this week because they will not want to run Sjax to the ground. Therefore, I would look at the matchups, Smith @TEN, Richardson @CHI. Based on that, I'd roll with Smith.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/306832-hillis-leshoure-or-dwyer-whir/

They just said on ESPN that SJax has openly stated that he is not 100%.

That being said, they're probably going to be very easy on him and give the workload to Richardson.

Kevin Smith is starting to get weeded out more and more, esp with LeShoure coming back...

I'd start Richardson.

I'm in a similar position, with DRich and Hillis. Please help mine, whir: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/306835-wk3-peyton-hillis-or-daryl-richardson-whir/

Update....

"News: The NFL Network's Stacey Dales is reporting that Rams running back Steven Jackson will likely not play on Sunday."

Richardson for sure now

Help me please... Need to choose 3... Richardson, Charles, AP, MBush .. WHIR

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/306822-wk3-ppr-who-to-start-britt-harvin-or-lloyd-apcharlesmbushdrichardson-whir/

There are a lot of angles with this decision and all of them carry a lot of uncertainty.

Chicago has yielded a fairly high YPC, so I wouldn't avoid Richardson based on the matchup. Even if Jackson is in, I think Richardson gets 50% of the load. If he's the clear starting back, he could have a nice "75 yard plus a TD" game.

Smith's matchup is even better, but that might work against him. This is an ideal time to let the rookie build a little confidence by giving him a taste of success.

I don't have a clear feel for this one either way. but I'd probably go with Smith. Even with Mikel getting carries, he's a threat to score and does get a few catches which helps a bit as well.

Tough call. Good luck!

Archived