NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Add Jerome Simpson, Drop Cobb Or Hankerson? Whir

UVA_Drew

Looking to add Jerome Simpson before this week's games in case he blows up, to beat the rush. All these guys are just bench guys, to maybe use down the road and for bye weeks.

To add Jerome Simpson...Would you drop Randall Cobb or Leonard Hankerson?

Or drop neither, and hold tight?

Thanks, and as always...WHIR.

Hank, I have Cobb on my bench in a couple leauges and it's tough to wait for him to blow up, but he has the talent. They'll need it in the coming games, he'll get a bigger workload eventually, hopefully.

Hank is a pretty nice roster player, especially with the full-time role now, but I still like Jerome over him. He's a dumbass, but can catch, jump and run.

If youre not playing Hankerson, I would drop him since GArcon will likely come back the following week. I do like Hankerson though. Jerome Simpson however has nothing more than WR3 upside, maybe low end #2 if Harvin gets hurt. He's not going to blow up. Harvin gets most of the targets and Rudolph is a red zone beast.... oh and they have one of the best running backs in the game and they hardly have a great QB.

I like Simpson as a depth bye week filler play, but I dont think you'll be kicking yourself for not having him. Cobb and Hankerson might do very little and be droppable soon, but I think both have more upside.

Drop Cobb for Simpson. Cobb is a gimmick play just like Hester was for the Bears. Hankerson has apparently earned playing time going forward after Garcon returns because Josh Morgan is a dog.

Harvin has gotten most of the targets and Rudolph has been a red zone beast because Ponder has nobody else to throw to!

Simpson will be a WR3/Flex all year. Don't be surprised if he gets 4-5 catches & 60-70 yds in his first game

Archived