NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul George 2012-2013 Season Outlook - Ascension Into Stardom?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, he's trying to tell you to wait longer than 1 quarter before overreacting.

Huh?

He posted this on twitter the day after that Kings game Put up 500 jump shots.. #NewRoutine gotta get my s--- back! http://instagr.am/p/SwdgUunMqA/ Be patient with him.

Well, I feel slightly less embarrassed about trading Batum for George before the season began now. Glad to see that he is still capable of producing these monster lines.

You still feel embarrassed.

Don't be embarrassed at all... Batum and PG will be fairly close come seasons end I see them both in the 15-25 range.

Well, I feel slightly less embarrassed about trading Batum for George before the season began now. Glad to see that he is still capable of producing these monster lines.

Don't be embarrassed at all... Batum and PG will be fairly close come seasons end I see them both in the 15-25 range.

Well, I'm sure each time George puts up a big line like this the feeling will go away more and more, hahah.

I'm still a bit hopeful that PG can be more valuable than Batum around the season's end for H2H playoffs. I think Batum can become slightly inconsistent due to all the offensive weapons that the Blazers have. The problem is that PG's consistency is non-existent right now, but it's always good to confirm (from yesterday's line) that his ceiling is still awesomely high. Lets hope that he will build on this.

Edited by darkyume

I own both George and Batum in a 30 team dynasty league, Batum's value is much greater than George in my opinion. He does everything that George does but better. Batum has the advantage in FG%, 3s, Steals, Blocks and Points. (Other cats they are tied). Batum is also getting about 5-6 more minutes a game. I still hope George can return top 30-35 value rest of the year, but Batum is top 15-20.

Beautiful, beautiful stuff. He is breaking out, FINALLY!

5 3s. 6 rbs, a steal and 3 blocks. 28 pts on 9/17 shooting

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 1

I dont think his value will take much of a hit, if anything I think his efficiency goes up. Im fine with him being around 14-16pts as long as he the keeps rebs, assists, stls & blocks the same. I think he'll still get around 35mins a game when Granger comes back, Gerald Green will probably play even less.

The counting stats won't be affected. I don't see how you can figure that. He still will have the same hustle in his game. I guess I can see asts dropping slightly if anything, but that might be the opposite of what happens since he'll have a scorer in Granger to dish to.

I can see his shots going down with his percentages going up, and that is ok with me. My team has scoring locked down, it's the percentages I need to start correcting.

• Like 1

Embarrassed no more.

Even if Granger comes back, I think George will be able to maintain his 1st rounder status (which he has been for the past 2 weeks). He's actually been a better version of Batum, which is really crazy. It was clear from the preseason that the Pacers wanted to groom him into the 1st/2nd offensive option, and it seems like George is finally responding to that challenge.

Due to his strength in all the other cats, I think he'd still be a 1st rounder even if his scoring were to dip to 15-16ppg, as long as he does it with decent %s.

I wouldn't say Goerge is a better version of Batum when he's full health, they are almost identical to each other when you look at their stats. Both guys are more 2nd-3rd scoring options on their team. Not sure who I would value more

I wouldn't say Goerge is a better version of Batum when he's full health, they are almost identical to each other when you look at their stats. Both guys are more 2nd-3rd scoring options on their team. Not sure who I would value more

For now, I think George has the higher ceiling because he's Indiana's primary option on most nights as opposed to Batum who is, at best, Portland's third option behind LMA and Lillard. Everything else between the two is a wash.

Even when Granger comes back, I highly doubt he will immediately resume his place as Indiana's go to guy. If George continues to play as well as he has, plus the confidence that comes with performing so well, I think his role as Indiana's go to guy will be permanent.

Regardless, I don't think George owners should worry about Granger's return. At worst, his scoring will go down, but his effeciency should go up. And with less energy having to be expended on scoring, meaning more energy on defense, meaning his stls, blcks, rebds should go up, plus the assts that come with adding a legitimate offensive option to the lineup in Granger as opposed to Stephenson/Green/Sam Young. Apart from injury, there is nothing that should derail this guy's upward trending stock for the rest of the season.