NBC Sports Edge Forums

2012-2013 Season Value Picks

gsw

Name some picks where you think players could provide good value. I'm not talking boom or bust type numbers, just solid bang for your buck.

My favorite one is Thaddeus Young.

Yahoo currently ranks him at 87th overall. I think he's locked into that starting PF sport and will provide decent points, rebounds, steals, percentages, a sprinkling of blocks, and low to's. I think he puts up at least 5th-6th round value at the worst. In fact, last year he provided 6th round value in standard 9-cat in just 27.9 mpg.

I believe these are the types of picks that win leagues, solid production for where you pick . Who are your value picks this year?

Name some picks where you think players could provide good value. I'm not talking boom or bust type numbers, just solid bang for your buck.

My favorite one is Thaddeus Young.

Yahoo currently ranks him at 87th overall. I think he's locked into that starting PF sport and will provide decent points, rebounds, steals, percentages, a sprinkling of blocks, and low to's. I think he puts up at least 5th-6th round value at the worst. In fact, last year he provided 6th round value in standard 9-cat in just 27.9 mpg.

I believe these are the types of picks that win leagues, solid production for where you pick . Who are your value picks this year?

I love Thaddeus, is the the very definition of an undervalued glue-guy for your late-middle rounds in 9-cat leagues. Good FG%, average FT%, about 12/5/1steal per game with low TOs.

Nikola Pekovic: Many sites have him ranked in the 70+ range, if you're in need of a starting Center in the middle rounds he is fantastic. Sites have guys like Hibbert and Tyson Chandler ranked ahead of him when Pekovic has a much higher ceiling, is in way better shape this year, and KLove will be out for the first few weeks of the season allowing Pek to gobble up boards with his physicality. Not much of a shot blocker though, so hopefully you've got that covered in other places.

Jeff Teague, if his floor is his stats last year, will be a great value pick if he can retain the starting PG spot from Lou Williams (or if they coexist as a backcourt combo).

Greivis Vasquez comes to mind. Austin Rivers just got injured, no telling how long he'll be out. I'd say Greivis has a stranglehold on that guard position in NO, and for his pre-rank, should be a steal and very good source of assists and steals late in your draft. I'm so bullish that I think he can average 8 assists this season, assuming Monty doesn't do anything drastic with his minutes.

Also, Valanciunas is a crazy good sleeper. He'll be a good bang for your buck (which isn't much, considering how low he's pre-ranked), and should be a low-cost high reward player, toward the latter end of your draft. He'll start for Toronto, and I think he can average around 1.3-1.5 blocks a game this year. Just today he had 4 blocks, so yeah, I'm pretty bullish.

Damian Lillard

Kyle Lowry

Jrue Holiday

Nikola Pekovic

Michael Beasley

Brook Lopez

Robin Lopez

Mo Williams

Anderson Varejao

Zach Randolph

Andrew Bogut, IF you are willing to assume the risk

Jared Dudley

Glen Davis

Andre Miller

Bradley Beal

Damian Lillard

Kyle Lowry

Jrue Holiday

Nikola Pekovic

Michael Beasley

Brook Lopez

Robin Lopez

Mo Williams

Anderson Varejao

Zach Randolph

Andrew Bogut, IF you are willing to assume the risk

Jared Dudley

Glen Davis

Andre Miller

Bradley Beal

Good list..ill add Asik, JR Smith, JJ Hickson, Jose Calderon

Zach Randolph is rated insanely low. I also moved up David Lee 2 rounds from where he's ranked on ESPN

Still like Andre Miller as well as a last pick of the draft type guy

Agreed, over the past week I've noticed ESPN tweaked their ratings quite a bit with some players. Randolph's rank was pushed down quite a bit. Gerald Wallace was moved from mid-50s all the way down to mid 90's. Those are 2 examples off the top of my head.

Archived