NBC Sports Edge Forums

Looking for creativity

gdon

I've seen a lot of creative names and writers on these forums so I thought I'd bring this here and see what you guys could add. I run a charity golf tourney that is now hitting it's 6th year. We use the term golf very loosely, it's a best ball on a par-3 course. This ain't about the game, it's about the party. It started with just a few friends and now is 76 people and more than $1000 and truckloads of food for the Food bank. The tournament is called the OCAFW (which stands for One Cheque Away From Welfare -- a shot at a former employer' payscale)

Anyway we're in need of a slogan. We change it up each year but frankly we're hitting a block this year. Here's some proposed ones but I thought I'd tap the vast Rotoworld masses to see what else shakes from the tree...

OCAFW 2007 You hit the ball, you go find it. Then you hit it again.

OCAFW, the best reason I can think of to take up bowling...

OCAFW is very tempermental, 90% temper and 10% mental

OCAFW is more fun than walking naked in a strange place, but not much.

OCAFW, it will drag you out in front of the whole school, take your lunch money and slap you around.

OCAFW is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs. You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her.

OCAFW is a lot of walking, interrupted up by disappointment, swearing, beer, more swearing, more beer, and then bad arithmetic.

OCAFW "On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. "

Other slogans we've had "Destroying golf tradition since 2002" and last year's fifth anniversary "The drive for 5 but put me down for a 3."

Other slogans we've had "Destroying golf tradition since 2002"

That was a good one!

Among the ones you listed, I think the TemperMental one is the most clever and catchy

Good luck to you guys, sounds like a lot of fun

How about:

OCAFW: Feeding the needy through debauchery for six years.

RotoRob

Archived