NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Is this insulting?

Hey guys just curious. I may be wrong but just wanted some opinions. A guy in my league is totally hurting for RB's. He has V. Morrency, Sammy Morris, J. Fargas and Willie Parker. So I offered him D. Ward for Driver.... He took serious offense to that offer, lol

Was it truly that bad?

I understand if he doesn't like the trade and declines...but he shouldn't get all worked up about it.

I agree !! But I thought it would of been a pretty fair trade, considering Ward is the 10th ranked RB in my league for fantasy points. I know it probably wont be consistent with Jacobs back but he will still get his share of the touches and scoring chances. Compared to Driver who is the 20th for WR's, whom has Jennings to compete with. Ward has alot more fantasy points then Driver did too. I dont know, maybe it was a bad offer, I just think he over reacted big time. Like I was offering him Ward for LT or Moss, LOL

Some people just react differently to trades. If I received that offer I wouldn't feel insulted, but I would likely laugh about and wonder why you sent it. So it's not surprising that someone with less sense of humor would feel insulted.

I mean, it's one thing to send someone offers based on what you think are their team needs, but to then do it in this manner with a guy on his way out just seems silly. You missed the boat on trading Ward and he's going to know that.

Some people just react differently to trades. If I received that offer I wouldn't feel insulted, but I would likely laugh about and wonder why you sent it. So it's not surprising that someone with less sense of humor would feel insulted.

I mean, it's one thing to send someone offers based on what you think are their team needs, but to then do it in this manner with a guy on his way out just seems silly. You missed the boat on trading Ward and he's going to know that.

Hey its all a matter or opinions. For the first time in my life I started 2 RB's from the same team last night. Ward and Jacobs and it paid off for me. Jacobs picked up the yards and Ward with a TD. And if you watched the game, for Jacobs second game back and actually got injured twice (maybe not major) but wouldnt you think Ward is a decent pickup? Especially for Driver, who hasnt had over 60 yards in his last 3 games and is also injury prone and having a bye in week 7. And your Rb's are decimated?

I can see that he got offended by it, as he just probably thought you were trying to dump Ward on him where he may be the backup again, for an elite WR, but it is not as bad as it looks. It was a valient effort by you too...very cunning...I like it...

I can see that he got offended by it, as he just probably thought you were trying to dump Ward on him where he may be the backup again, for an elite WR, but it is not as bad as it looks. It was a valient effort by you too...very cunning...I like it...

Thanks bro !!! Phewww, lol

Hahaha...no problem. I mean, everyone makes a trade because they think it will improve thier team. Also, no trades are completely even. Sometimes you can catch a manager sleeping, and they may accept a slightly lopsided trade. I think that is good managing. It's not like you offered Kevin Faulk for Chad Johnson...I do hate the rediculous trade offers though...and that was by no means rediculous...

Hahaha...no problem. I mean, everyone makes a trade because they think it will improve thier team. Also, no trades are completely even. Sometimes you can catch a manager sleeping, and they may accept a slightly lopsided trade. I think that is good managing. It's not like you offered Kevin Faulk for Chad Johnson...I do hate the rediculous trade offers though...and that was by no means rediculous...

Cool, cuz Im not one of those guys that send foolish offers. I actually cant stand them type of owners that try and make an idiot out of ya. So Im glad no one thought that it was a totally BS offer. I mean, I understand people also play the names, instead of a persons stats or upside, but I figured Driver was having a mediocre season so far, even though he is a #1 WR. Still there are alot of #1's not producing this year as they should, LJ, Brees, S.Jax...etc and I think Driver falls in that category.

haha it's a pretty bad offer wiz but what are you gonna do. it happens to me all the time i want to make offers like that but the guys in my league refuse to trade now i can only imagine what they would do after i did that

Archived