NBC Sports Edge Forums

My trade vetoed!

patentboy23

Yeah I def. don't think is veteoable given how each of the player's involved is playing right now. Noah and Mo Will are playing top 30 ball right now, and Lawson is playing bad. BTW brilliant trade... you are buying low on Lawson while selling high on Noah. Love it.

Propose it again and see if it'll go through. Explain how both of the managers involved want the trade to go through and explain why, and since it's your friends I doubt they veteo it again.

Yes, I posted this on the yahoo message board.

I want to hear everyone's logic who's against the trade. There was no collusion involved. Luis and I didn't even discuss this trade previously.

The numbers:

Noah: 14.8 PPG 10RPG 4APG 1.3SPG 2.0BPG 49.5% FG 80% FT Career highs

Pau: 14.5 PPG 9.5 RPG 3.5 APG .6 SPG 1.4BPG 43.8% FG 80% FT Career lows

Mo Williams: 14.9 PPG 2.5 RPG 6.8 APG 1.4 3PM 1.1 SPG .6 BPG 43.5 FG% 95% FT Career highs

Lawson: 11.8 PPG 2.4 RPG 7.3 APG .5 3PM 2.0 SPG .1 BPG 37.5 FG% 54.5 FT% Career lows

Regardless of which players you think will improve/regress throughout the season, this trade is even and benefits both of our categorical weakness. Moreover, you can't evaluate this trade based on "projections" but on "current production." I'm dominant in 3s and FT% whereas Louis is strong in assists and %s but weaker in blocks and 3s.

Player Ranks

Noah: 15

Pau: 29

Mo: 39

Ty: 201

To add, for all of you who are fantasy basketball novices. All categories are of equal values. In other words, Points are just as important as FG%, FT%, and TOs. That being said, a sub 40 FG% drastically affects a players's overall value as well as a player who averages almost 4 TOs a game. For that reason, Pau and Lawson's value can be severely hampered by poor %s. In contrast, Noah and Mo's value is significantly heightened due to their strength in these categories.

Is this argument convincing enough? I think lots of owners are hating because my team is struggling and I've known to pull off big trades in this league, which helped me make it to the chip last yr.

This is the classic veto based on owners' equating player value solely on draft position. In a league with some friends who are novices, they won't assess the player's current role/stats, they'll simply veto based on the fact that pau and lawson were 2nd and 3rd rd picks and noah and mo williams were later picks. Unfair, yes. But not surprising, IMO.

FWIW, I definitely think you win the trade. But not veto-worthy.

The Pau/Lawson side easily wins on this trade when it's all said and done but that doesn't mean it should be vetoed. Buying low is one of the great things about fantasy sports. If there is no collusion, it should not be vetoed.

I understand the veto. When u trade 2 big names for 2 lesser names (downgrades) then a veto is fine. Maybe the Lawson owner is the only one who thinks he is worth MoWill. It is still early to yard sell ur high draft picks for scrubbish value guys. U should have made the trade appear more fair. Maybe u should have kicked a third player in. Getting 2 upgrades is kinda greedy.

I'm still waiting on the other owners to give his input on the trade. Commish thought it was lop sided but didn't vote veto. So that means at least 7 other owners vetoed. I'm not sure what to do guys. Really wanted to pull this deal off. What do I do next if I do the trade again and they veto.

Yeah u can try to put it through again. I don't vote to veto either but it doesnt matter what I think. Your leaguemates are obviously stubborn but really you shouldn't have to convince them of anything. As long as its not collusion, which you say that it isn't so I am inclined to trust you, then it should go through. It sucks for you though. Have there been any other trades?

I understand the veto. When u trade 2 big names for 2 lesser names (downgrades) then a veto is fine. Maybe the Lawson owner is the only one who thinks he is worth MoWill. It is still early to yard sell ur high draft picks for scrubbish value guys. U should have made the trade appear more fair. Maybe u should have kicked a third player in. Getting 2 upgrades is kinda greedy.

Are you kidding me? You understand this veto? Do people out there really even know why trades in fantasy should be vetoed? And how is "2 upgrades" greedy? If an opposing owner accepts this trade without any collusion involved, then there ARE NO GROUNDS for vetoing it. Every one thinks that because another team has improved their roster quite significantly, then "oh poor me, its so unfair, wah wah wah.." Other people are just jealous because they didn't send other offers to the manager with ty and pau. Should never have been vetoed.

My trade went through my pau for j smoove . . . obviously was trying to grab Pau back B). How funny would that be for me to trade Pau away and get him right back. Other trade was Harden +Hibbert for KG and Wade

Update: Re-submitted trade and commish vetoed it, due to the only owner I've heard be against the trade so far, say that it was dumb for us to do the same trade over since the league voted against it.

Commish says: " I have to think like a commissioner and put all friendship aside, and i'm not certain that there is no collusion here. And i must also note that although the statistics are sounds, the level of talent being exchanged is not."

But the most important part in all of this is that the league voted to veto your trade. I didn't override anything. And i cannot not allow you to resubmit the trade when the league has just vetoed it. You'll either need to retool your trade or prove to them that it's a fair trade because they are not buying the statistics comparison. They must feel that the level of talent being exchanged is not equal.

I think the talent peace is BS and an absolute cop out. It's all about the numbers. That's how scrubs like Birdman actually hold value in fantasy despite they're nothing special on real NBA teams. What do I do next? I pointed out that there's no where in the rule book that says that you cannot re-submit trades that have been vetoed. Worse case scenario: I'm thinking about offering my Jennings and Noah for his Lawson (or Curry) for Gasol. How's that sound? appreciate as much feedback. WHIR

Yeah I don't think the first trade should have been vetoed... just a good job of selling high and buying low..

are you asking whether you should offer Jennings and Noah for Lawson/Curry & Gasol?

If so, I would probably take Lawson/Gasol or Curry/Gasol .. I think Lawson is bound to turn it around and I expect Curry to improve his FG% and be a beast all year

Yeah I'm asking which alternative deal would be the best:

1) My Noah + Mo Will for his Lawson + Pau

2) My Noah + Mo Will for his Curry + Pau (bet they whine over this).

Am I right about the commish not having the right to veto my trade because it was re-submitted?

Archived