NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brees v. SF or Kaep v. NO? WHIR!

BMcP

Never ever thought I'd be asking such a question, but I'm seriously debating giving Kaepernick a test drive against the Saints over Brees and a much tougher matchup against the SF D.

What am I overlooking, if anything? Is SF worse on the road? Is Kaep due for a step back now, or is he ready to become RGIII-light?

Thanks and WHIR

Wow that is interesting...Depending on your standings and whether or not you are in or on boarderline of playoffs I would go with Brees...9ers d is no joke but Sam Bradford was able to find some holes in it a couple weeks ago so I think Brees is more than capable...I don't think you can start Kaepernick over Brees...not yet anyway

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=323522

Have to start Brees. Kaep may end up being a viable starter but until there is a larger sample set to make a determination off of you have to go with Brees. This is the equivalent of asking should I start Megatron or Blackmon bc Blackmon put up 29 pts last week.

hahahaha ghead and start kapuntik you fools...i hope he gets KOed on the 1st series and you all blow your chances at the playoffs

Djbigf: are you like, Alex Smith's mom or something?

are you like, an idiot? since you want to bench drew brees at home for a rookie on the road in the same game, i'd say yes

hahahaha ghead and start kapuntik you fools...i hope he gets KOed on the 1st series and you all blow your chances at the playoffs

are you like, an idiot? since you want to bench drew brees at home for a rookie on the road in the same game, i'd say yes

In the spirit of the season, I will simply thank you for your input and move along.

Anyone else have any insights? Even if just to talk me off the ledge of starting "Kapuntik"?

Who's a rookie?

BTW: Start Brees for sure.

This goes out to Super-Anti-Fan #99 djbigf:

Colin Kaepernick completed 16-of-25 passes for 231 yards, one touchdown, and one interception and added 27 yards and another touchdown on six rushes to lead the 49ers to a 31-21 victory over the Saints in Week 12.

Kaepernick out-played Drew Brees, posting a better YPA (9.2 to 6.5) and passer rating (90.6 to 86.1). In his second start, Kaepernick was excellent under pressure, showing poise in the pocket and extending plays with his legs. The play-calling wasn't as aggressive or as creative as last week, but Kaepernick still offers everything Alex Smith does while adding playmaking ability on the ground and a stronger arm to stretch defenses. Expect the 49ers to continue to roll with Kaepernick in Week 13 at St. Louis.

While it obviously would've net you more points (just) this just goes to show how good Brees is as a FF QB, 18 points despite playing the best D and throwing a couple of picks. That's the kinda stuff from Rivers that gave me a 5 point game earlier before I traded for Drew.

Archived