NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brett Anderson 2013 Outlook

LyondellBasell

Honestly okay with this turn of events, but only because I can afford him a DL slot.

Honestly. I'm OK with this DL move also ... even though Brett is my 7th player currently on the DL.

We roster 400+ players in this league and I was just looking thru the list of warm bodies available on the wire ... I felt something slimy and a tad chunky creeping up into my throat

Cripes Sakes!!!

It could be mucus.

Agree w/above poster about not having to face the Yanks there. I will now activate McCann early, to DL him and stream my 7th starter for a while. Could have been Cashner, so in this case, I'm ecstatic that he didn't get DL'd earlier.

Hopefully this timeout is what he needs to right the ship, as I had a lot of confidence in him at draft time, injury history or not.

He is one of those players that you dreaded the day that you abolished him to the waiver wire. He is worth a stash on the DL. He should be back in mid-May rested and ready to pick up where he should have been at the end of April. Long season so I will take my lumps now and look for a decent return from him in May and June. If he struggles then I will send him to waiver fodder.

not so fast..

AA start yesterday: 3.2 IP, 6 H,6 ER, 4 BB, 3 K

:ph34r:

oui vey! He's just so out of sync right now. Damn I need him to get it together...he was an important piece of my pitching staff when I drafted him.

Yeah, I don't want to be forced with the decision of who to drop to make room for this bum if he can't even get AA hitters out. Stay down there and get straightened out Brett. When you come back I want you pitching like an ace again.

From the RW news page:

Brett Anderson (ankle) isn't sure when he'll be ready to come off the disabled list.

Anderson allowed six runs over 3 2/3 innings during a start with Double-A Midland on Sunday and is still feeling some discomfort in his right ankle. There was hope that he would be ready to rejoin the A's rotation on Friday, but it appears that he will need a little more time.

I've been a huge supporter of this guy over the last few years but come on ... it's always something with him ... Manup Brett

From the RW news page:

Brett Anderson (ankle) isn't sure when he'll be ready to come off the disabled list.

Anderson allowed six runs over 3 2/3 innings during a start with Double-A Midland on Sunday and is still feeling some discomfort in his right ankle. There was hope that he would be ready to rejoin the A's rotation on Friday, but it appears that he will need a little more time.

I've been a huge supporter of this guy over the last few years but come on ... it's always something with him ... Manup Brett

I'm with you in that I want him back, but I want him pitching well, which his last rehab start gave very little indication he's ready to do. It could just be one of those things where he was keeping the gameplan simple and was just "getting his work in" but I have a hard time believing he wasn't trying to get guys out. I'd feel a lot better activating him if he went out and dominated at least one minor league team.

what in gods name. Jesus. the last 2 reports Monday and Tuesday were the opposite and said he was feeling great. so ridiculous.

his confidence is flat on the floor...I don't have a good feeling about this at all.

I agree. Can't wait for next year's pre season projections with everyone saying this is the year he finally stays healthy and puts it all together. Can't wait for 2014.

That relief appearance in that extra-inning game against the Angels is even more frustrating now. So they skip his start because he is not healthy but instead bring him in as a RP where even after his foot gave out causing him to stumble off the mound you let him finish the inning. Incredible stretch of decisions there with a starter so important to their season.

• Like 1

That relief appearance in that extra-inning game against the Angels is even more frustrating now. So they skip his start because he is not healthy but instead bring him in as a RP where even after his foot gave out causing him to stumble off the mound you let him finish the inning. Incredible stretch of decisions there with a starter so important to their season.

definitely. if i was an As fan i'd be pretty upset at that decision.

Not that Melvin has to listen to him but Anderson basically demanded he come into that game. I would imagine they never would have sent him out if they thought it was a stress fracture....but this is another blemish on the A's training staff. This is akin to ruining Bobby Crosby's career by misdiagnosing a stress fracture in his back and letting him play even though he was hurt and kept bringing up the issue.