NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brett Anderson 2013 Outlook

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, if you don't jump right in with those 2 matchups, you shouldn't have drafted him. Couldn't ask for a better matchup than that.

Fluky or not these are his innings in the Majors 175.1 112.1 83.1 35 29

That relief appearance in that extra-inning game against the Angels is even more frustrating now. So they skip his start because he is not healthy but instead bring him in as a RP where even after his foot gave out causing him to stumble off the mound you let him finish the inning. Incredible stretch of decisions there with a starter so important to their season.

This x 1000.

Knew it that night that was a horrible decision.

I've fallen for this guy multiple times, multiple seasons. I'm vowing to never own him again; someone else can have the headache.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. "Fallen"? When he's been healthy he's been more than serviceable, and he's always come at a very cheap price. You act like you wasted a 3rd round pick on him or something. Drop him, pick up a replacement.

I've fallen for this guy multiple times, multiple seasons. I'm vowing to never own him again; someone else can have the headache.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. "Fallen"? When he's been healthy he's been more than serviceable, and he's always come at a very cheap price. You act like you wasted a 3rd round pick on him or something. Drop him, pick up a replacement.

12 team AL only league. Replacements for good players simply don't exist. You are out of luck.

More than serviceable? Besides the 6 starts he had last year and the 19 starts in 2010, how has he been that good? I'm certainly not expecting him to be an ace or anything. Kinda like juice said above me: each year he seems to be built up more and more with "this is the year" sort of stuff. His constant injuries just aren't worth the hassle of owning him. Nothing ever seems to materialize.

Nice Page avatar, by the way. Phish rules!

Promising season down the tubes

Yup. Classic. I thought he could be a Jordan Zimmermann comp if somehow he could stay healthy. The whole a's staff looks like poo

• 3 weeks later...

Just acquired him in a dynasty league ... any projected time table for his return?

Thought is was a good buy low worth the risk, I think Anderson's got "ace" potential

Bone scan on June 14th, we will get a better idea where he is at next week... could say he is healing well and we will see him in a few more weeks or surgery and he's done for a long time. As a throw in, he's worth taking a shot on before the news comes out.

move to 60 day DL. In a walking boot for another month.

i'd say im really disappointed, but what would be the point ...

are you getting that from the rotoworld/yahoo blurb? i believe they were recapping what his treatment was (walking boot for a month) back in May. I could be wrong, but it sounded like this move to the 60 day DL doesn't affect anything, as that 60 days would be up in July. I haven't heard how his checkup went today, so that's the next update we need to hear.

i agree though that at this point expectations should not be anywhere that could lead to any kind of disappointment. ie. don't even expect him back this year..

That is what happens when you are out of shape, your body does not heal as fast. Him and Pablo need to get on a diet together in the offseason. Pretty much a lost season.

This is where me and the fat dude part ways. Moving him to my do not draft list. I'm in the gym 5 days a week - I can't relate to athletes that can't stay in decent shape. Poster boy for Lazy a**!

• 1 month later...

Anybody have a feeling on Anderson in the 2nd half? Can he provide some late help in Aug/Sep?

Are you asking if he can stay healthy for 6-8 weeks? I'm gonna go out on the limb and say No.

I have a hunch Anderson if he does come back healthy to the bigs this year will be in the pen. It just might better suit him, with his track record of injuries. Plus he's a lefty. As well as Straily has pitched well and Sonny Gray is looking MLB ready... With the depth in The A's rotation it's time to start looking forward....