NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brett Anderson 2013 Outlook

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, if you don't jump right in with those 2 matchups, you shouldn't have drafted him. Couldn't ask for a better matchup than that.

Fluky or not these are his innings in the Majors 175.1 112.1 83.1 35 29

Anyone not expecting Brett Anderson to get injured is silly.

Still sucks.

And I've had more injuries than anyone else in my league. Luckily I don't think very much of this guy. Too bad

Yup, guy with a career 3.60 era sucks. And everyone can predict injury. No one cares about your team or your league. Cool story.

I phrased that wrong I definitely don't think Anderson "sucks!!!"

I meant it sucks that he got injured even though it was absolutely expected

OAK was warming guys up in the BP before the inning ended. For that reason I don't think it's surprising they just yanked him. He didn't look injured in any way - he just didn't have it tonight.

Yeah, but I don't see a manager torching his bullpen but because a guy doesn't have it. He has to be hurt, or not right, or else you let him throw more than 1 inning and 36 pitches. Pulling him makes no sense if he's healthy.

OAK was warming guys up in the BP before the inning ended. For that reason I don't think it's surprising they just yanked him. He didn't look injured in any way - he just didn't have it tonight.

Yeah, but I don't see a manager torching his bullpen but because a guy doesn't have it. He has to be hurt, or not right, or else you let him throw more than 1 inning and 36 pitches. Pulling him makes no sense if he's healthy.

This ^

Strike zone is about the size of a postcard tonight, at least for the A's pitchers. Even when Scribner came in, typical strikes were not being called strikes to Zobrist. Not an excuse, but he was getting more frustrated than anything by being squeezed..

A's home channel is right in line with HP, so no off set angle, bad umping to a degree. Still no mention of injury from the parent broadcasting crew.

A's starter LHP Brett Anderson left tonight's game after one inning due to a sprained ankle

:huh:

What the fizzle? Well, that would definitely explain him keeping the ball up, and not finishing off his pitches...but, uh, when did this happen?

this injury may actually be good for brett. Sometimes when players are in a "funk" a little extended off time helps. if I own him, i'd be holding on to him, let him come back and than give him maybe 2 or 3 starts to prove he's still got it.