NBC Sports Edge Forums

Championship Flex and TE Troubles

kodak magic

I have 2 flex positions and 2 RB positions in my league. Adrian Peterson and Alfred Morris are must starts at the RB position. My two questions are:

1) Do I start Aaron Hernandez or Tony Gozalez at TE?

2) In the 2 flex spots I have the option to start the TE I didn't start at the TE position/Moreno/Mcfadden/Mccoy/Bryce Brown. Which two do I choose?

WHIR. Need help before tonight's game.

While you can't go wrong with either TE, you're better off going with the hot hand (Hernandez - if Gronk is out). I don't think you could use Gonzalez (or Hernandez if Gronk starts) over Moreno and McFadden. I think I would stay away from McCoy and Brown for the championship game, since you have other viable options and no one knows how they'll be used yet.

Hernandez - Top rated tight end this week.

Rob Gronkowski (forearm) remained limited in Friday's practice, and is officially questionable for Week 16.

It's Gronk's second straight "questionable" tag. Typically, it means a player has a 50-50 chance of suiting up, but Gronk's odds appear much lower. The Boston Globe has reported Gronkowski won't play against the Jaguars, while ESPN's Adam Schefter has maintained he's unlikely to return before Week 17. Nothing can ever be ruled out with squirrely coach Bill Belichick, but we're not expecting Gronk to take the field Sunday.

Mareno and DMC - I don't like Tight Ends vs. every-down running backs like these two. You can always trust a RB to get touches, but never know about TE's, sometimes they end up out of the game plan. This includes Gonzo. Did it to me twice this year.

Tony Gozalez at TE is a must start, Atlanta needs to win tonight to get the 1 seed in the NFC and ,also they want to win tonight so they can rest all their players next week before playoffs. Tony Gozalez will get a lot of targets tonight !! must start.

Archived