NBC Sports Edge Forums

Week 10 Waiver Wire Touts

DrGonzo

Sullinger has quietly put a couple of nice games together since Wilcox got hurt. Has anyone taken the bait?

EDIT: We'll start the new week's thread here. Please remember to include some reasoning for your tout and refrain from asking for Roster Advice....Thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okafor has been surging on the glass for the Wizards recently and posted double-digits in rebounds over his past four games. He is averaging 13.2 boards per game during that stretch to keep a spot in the starting lineup even with Nene being added to the starting five. Okafor scoring is still sporadic -- 7.8 ppg this month -- but he could be a useful Fantasy option in category-bases formats for his rebounding on his sizzling run.

Pablo Prigioni?

If it's not this week, I still I think this guy is going to shine sometime this season.

I'm a huge fan of his game but I'm not too sure about his fantasy value. While Felton is out, he should be useful to owners in deep leagues who are desperate for some steals and assists, but I don't see him contributing significantly anywhere else.

Let's try to keep the suggestions pretty reasonable in here this week.

Keep in mind, most users on this forum are in deeper leagues. Last week I saw multiple touts for Scola (owned in over 70% of standard leagues at that time) and J. Kidd (who's been owned over 90% for a couple weeks now) as well as a few other guys who obviously aren't going to be available in anything less than a casual ten teamer.

Thoughts on Vince Carter?

Has some spring in his step, saw a pretty awesome dunk tonight. Carrying a bit more of the load on offense with the O.J. Mayo regression train running full steam.

Oh yeah, and he's HALF MAN HALF AMAZING

Thoughts on Vince Carter?

Has some spring in his step, saw a pretty awesome dunk tonight. Carrying a bit more of the load on offense with the O.J. Mayo regression train running full steam.

Oh yeah, and he's HALF MAN HALF AMAZING

His ownership numbers are inexplicable. He's solid enough on points and rebounds and he's become one of the best in the league at draining threes. I don't see his value as something recent. He was on fire early in the year, when Mayo was playing his best ball.

It just goes to show that you can be a bad basketball player who just plays for Sportscenter highlights one decade, and evolve into a solid role player the next. Derrick Rose....there is hope for you.

Carter has been rated kind of sneaky high on BBM all year long, he should definitely be owned in deep leagues and probably worth a look in 12 teamers as well.

Drummond is still available in a lot of leagues but good for rebounds/blocks. I'm still keeping my eye on Ed Davis(only 10% owned in ESPN). Andre Miller for as long as Lawson is out. I also have a feeling Humphries will have a nice little bounce back once he's healthy.

Archived