NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Whats more likely?

Wizard of Boz

Pats and Miami  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Whats more likely?

• Patriots goes 16-0
    • Miami goes 0-16

The Pats will be going up against everybody's best shot from here on out, somebody will do it and pull off the upset. And lets face it, the teams they've played so far are pretty much horrible. Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Cincy, and Cleveland all have huge flaws to them, San Diego was playing terribly at the time those two teams played. The only team playing decently that they've played is Dallas, and they had a lead well into the Third Quarter against NE. Lets see how they do against a real team in Indy before we continue this 16-0 talk.

Miami on the other hand, is just playing terrible football right now. Green is out for the year, Ronnie Brown is out for the year, Chambers is traded so they have no Offense left and their Defense is the worst in the league right now. I don't see how they can win a game, to be honest.

I can see Miami winning a game over the Pats losing one......

Although Miami has many flaws, someone will look past them and lose a game they should never lose. They do still have veteran leadership on defense (Thomas, Taylor, Porter) and I cant see them standing for a winless season. They still have 2 games against the Bills, one against the Jets, and one against the Bungles. They should get one at some point.

Im not sure the Pats will lose one though. They only have 3 'tough' games left on their schedule (Indy, Pitt, Giants). Theyre playing with a major chip on their shoulders after CameraGate. Their division is terrible, Brady looks invincible right now, and theyre doing this without a running game.

The Pats will be going up against everybody's best shot from here on out, somebody will do it and pull off the upset. And lets face it, the teams they've played so far are pretty much horrible. Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Cincy, and Cleveland all have huge flaws to them, San Diego was playing terribly at the time those two teams played. The only team playing decently that they've played is Dallas, and they had a lead well into the Third Quarter against NE. Lets see how they do against a real team in Indy before we continue this 16-0 talk.

I think the Pats have a good shot to go 19-0. They've been getting everyone's best shot for years so they're used to it. And though many of their opponents are barely average, I wouldn't put SD in that group. CHI and NE stopped LT. I think both those defenses should get credit for making SD look bad. Is SD better now because LT could run on Denver??

As far as the Pats, they have such weapons in all three aspects of the game. Randall Gay's out there competing for more interceptions than Samuel. Kick away from Ellis Hobbs and Willie Andrews takes it to the house. Take away the running game and defenses have to defend multiple incredibly great receivers giving Brady all day to throw. Indy will be an interesting game cuz they'll probably crank up the heat in the dome to 120 degrees but I don't think it'll matter this year. The Pats know how to beat Indy.....when they have the tools and this year I believe they have the tools. All they need to do is execute.

I think the Pats have a good shot to go 19-0. They've been getting everyone's best shot for years so they're used to it. And though many of their opponents are barely average, I wouldn't put SD in that group. CHI and NE stopped LT. I think both those defenses should get credit for making SD look bad. Is SD better now because LT could run on Denver??

As far as the Pats, they have such weapons in all three aspects of the game. Randall Gay's out there competing for more interceptions than Samuel. Kick away from Ellis Hobbs and Willie Andrews takes it to the house. Take away the running game and defenses have to defend multiple incredibly great receivers giving Brady all day to throw. Indy will be an interesting game cuz they'll probably crank up the heat in the dome to 120 degrees but I don't think it'll matter this year. The Pats know how to beat Indy.....when they have the tools and this year I believe they have the tools. All they need to do is execute.

You Boston fans are hilarious. I don't see it happening. This is a great team, but I just don't see 16-0. vs. Wash, at Indy, vs Philly, vs Pitt, vs Mia (big incentive if 14-0 at that time), and at NYG. It's not happening. The champagne bottles will be coming out again for the 72 Dolphins.

and by the way, the SD team of Week 2 is NOT the SD team of Now.

You Boston fans are hilarious. I don't see it happening. This is a great team, but I just don't see 16-0. vs. Wash, at Indy, vs Philly, vs Pitt, vs Mia (big incentive if 14-0 at that time), and at NYG. It's not happening. The champagne bottles will be coming out again for the 72 Dolphins.

Classless. The only reason I hope the Colts (remember them?) or the Patriots do it.

Classless. The only reason I hope the Colts (remember them?) or the Patriots do it.

LOL...I was just mentioning it because all the Pats have been annoying the hell out of me with this undefeated talk 7 games into the season. HOWEVER, I do agree that it is ridiculous that the 72 Dolphins bring out the bottles every year when the last team goes down. It embarasses me a little as a Dolphan.

But hey, what else can any Dolphan by happy about right now? hahaha

undefeated talk this early is just crazy.... especially with a date against the colts next week...

it would be nice to see what would happen if some team could actually generate a pass rush on brady instead of letting him sit back there all day to choose which stud receiver he gets to throw to...

Knowing how Coach B. thinks, he'll start resting his guys for the playoff run by week 15 and won't be playing all out as they are now.. They'll lose one, maybe two having most of their backups in the game.

The poll needed a © choice, "None of the above". Miami will win a game, Patriots will lose a game. I agree with MC. Once they have clinched home field, they wont be playing Brady, Moss, and the rest of their studs. I'd love to see the undefeated Patriots face the winless Dolphins in week 16, N.E. may be sitting players at this point, and the old school Dolphin boys may be sipping champagne again. I believe the Pats will lose before that though, the schedule gets pretty damn tough for them from here on out. Phil, Ind, Balt, NYG, Pit. I look for them to lose on Nov. 4th @ IND. Colts have faced a much tougher schedule, and really handled their business.

Miami on the other hand, is just playing terrible football right now. Green is out for the year, Ronnie Brown is out for the year, Chambers is traded so they have no Offense left and their Defense is the worst in the league right now. I don't see how they can win a game, to be honest.

You can only play the teams on your schedule. Yes these teams are average at best but NE has romped each one of them. Nobody has been within two TD's of them when the game is finished.

Also your point about the Dallas game is misleading. Dallas took the lead in the third quarter and held it for a matter of minutes. Your statement sounds as if Dallas led the entire game and NE game back in the 3rd. And just to elaborate on this point of reference, it was the first lead an opposing team has had against NE in the second half--that's domination.

All this said I think it's far easier for Miami to call it quits and lose every game then it is for NE to not be upset.

Did You Know?

It was the second week in a row the Patriots defense allowed 6 yards per carry or more on the ground. The Dallas Cowboys averaged 6.5 yards per rush (15 for 97) with running back Marion Barber pinballing off Patriots defenders. New England, which is allowing only 274.9 yards of total offense per game (92.7 on the ground), beat both Dallas and Miami while missing tackles, but bad habits have a way of catching up with a team. -- Boston Globe

It may very well catch up to them.. B)

Did You Know?

It was the second week in a row the Patriots defense allowed 6 yards per carry or more on the ground. The Dallas Cowboys averaged 6.5 yards per rush (15 for 97) with running back Marion Barber pinballing off Patriots defenders. New England, which is allowing only 274.9 yards of total offense per game (92.7 on the ground), beat both Dallas and Miami while missing tackles, but bad habits have a way of catching up with a team. -- Boston Globe

It may very well catch up to them.. B)

No, no, no. That's only b/c they were way ahead and the other teams had to RUN the ball. Bill only runs up the score on Offense. On Defense, he calls off the dogs. :)

Ok, so we wont count that as a win then because they are playing better now then they were then....lol

I actually think they both are pretty impossible tasks, but I seen them ask this question on ESPN..So I figured Id post it on here and its getting some pretty good opinions. Some people are just taking it to personal on here though, lol... Geeeesh

Thats why the question is asking... whats more LIKELY? Its not saying the Pats WILL go 16-0 or even Miami going 0-16... just asking opinions, thats all..

Archived